PC & Video Games

Metal Gear Solid Rising and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker coming soon!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2009 7:00 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15635 posts
575 upvotes

Metal Gear Solid Rising and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker coming soon!

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

Okay, it's not confirmed, but hear me out.

Watch for a bit and the lightning will cast a shadow of "5" on the screen.

Viewing the page source reads "MGS", "Metal Gear Solid", and "Next".

Regardless, we'll know in 92 hours.
121 replies
Banned
Nov 9, 2003
1116 posts
4 upvotes
Prince George, BC, C…
Setz wrote: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

Time for the Trey brotherhood to Unite once i get a Triple and this game

Muhahahah OH GLORIOUS times are coming

PS3 2009 the comeback

2010 mass ownage

2011 lead

2012 end of the world so doesn't matter
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7416 posts
529 upvotes
Vancouver
Actually we won't find out in 92 hours. And the 5 doesn't stand for MGS5. Someone on GAF went through the source code and found that this is counting down to another countdown (4) which counts down to another (3) and so on. The countdowns end on June 1st =/ That's Microsoft's E3 Press Conference date so might be something to do with that.

But this **** needs to stop. First announcements of announcements, now countdowns to countdowns of announcements. It's over 2 weeks of teasing. If this is anything less than MGS5 it'll be a massive letdown.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8290 posts
1881 upvotes
Toronto
Setz wrote: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

You shouldn't put CONFIRMED in the thread title when it certainly isn't confirmed.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2144 posts
576 upvotes
There doing the same thing with MGS on Ipod... we all knew 360 fanboys would be like "woot mgs4 on 360" but then it wasn't true. Now they're making everyone say "woot MGS5", when it will most likely be something else.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2006
7566 posts
385 upvotes
Canada
Metal Gear Raiden?
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2005
1614 posts
104 upvotes
Montr
Firestorm wrote: ...
But this **** needs to stop. First announcements of announcements, now countdowns to countdowns of announcements. It's over 2 weeks of teasing. If this is anything less than MGS5 it'll be a massive letdown.
agreed. well put.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10814 posts
681 upvotes
Scarborough
shannn wrote: Metal Gear Raiden?
thats the logical move because Snake is done with MGS4. The only other choice is another move like MGS3 where the story takes place in the past.
Firestorm wrote: Actually we won't find out in 92 hours. And the 5 doesn't stand for MGS5. Someone on GAF went through the source code and found that this is counting down to another countdown (4) which counts down to another (3) and so on. The countdowns end on June 1st =/ That's Microsoft's E3 Press Conference date so might be something to do with that.

I hate that too. Multiple countdowns. One countdown should be enough. I don't think just MGS5 means big announcement. It could be a trick leading to a new game (should be decent at least) or Zone of Enders (always read about it on the net).

Doesn't matter what console this game comes out for because I'll end up playing it IF its metal gear.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2406 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto
Firestorm wrote: But this **** needs to stop. First announcements of announcements, now countdowns to countdowns of announcements. It's over 2 weeks of teasing. If this is anything less than MGS5 it'll be a massive letdown.
Amen. It's getting to the point where announcements are practically pointless - especially when they don't announce anything but that there will be something to announce at some point in the future. W. T. F.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8546 posts
2160 upvotes
If there is MGS5, it will be multi-platform for sure.

Here is the console specific joke:

Snake(while lighting a cigarette): Otacon, don't we have to install next act to hard drive?
Otacon: Snap out of it Snake! We're on the Xbox 360, no need to install ****.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15635 posts
575 upvotes
Back in 2005 or 2006 at E3, there was a "teaser" for MGS4 where Raiden and Rose are having a conversation, and Rose says "But aren't there going to be five?" in reference to the series. Kojima has said he has no plans to use Snake anymore, so perhaps it is indeed Metal Gear Raiden? I'll probably pass if so.

A Snatcher/Policenaughts remake would be cool.
Banned
Nov 9, 2003
1116 posts
4 upvotes
Prince George, BC, C…
CFRTim wrote: If there is MGS5, it will be multi-platform for sure.

Here is the console specific joke:

Snake(while lighting a cigarette): Otacon, don't we have to install next act to hard drive?
Otacon: Snap out of it Snake! We're on the Xbox 360, no need to install ****.
Only reason I played Metal Gear Solid 4 twice was because each mission had to install, was really annoying

Even if its like a 40GB install i would have done it on ps3, i hate waiting to play

Battlefield bad company bites each time i have to watch the intro screen and press X to chose my hard-drive, another loading screen, another button press.....then i'm finally playing.....
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15635 posts
575 upvotes
Unicron wrote: Only reason I played Metal Gear Solid 4 twice was because each mission had to install, was really annoying

Even if its like a 40GB install i would have done it on ps3, i hate waiting to play

Battlefield bad company bites each time i have to watch the intro screen and press X to chose my hard-drive, another loading screen, another button press.....then i'm finally playing.....
Installing BFBC to my 360 and playing it on my PS3 shows 360 is better.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 27, 2007
15635 posts
575 upvotes
Unicron wrote: i wasn't comparing Trey vs ******box

i was trying to say waiting to play sucks on either!!!!!!!!
Reread my post, I was comparing load times.