Expired Hot Deals

[Metro] 3 Topping XL 16" Pizza for $9.99 at Metro until May 20

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 1:41 am
Jul 18, 2012
43 posts
30 upvotes
EAST YORK
I've been buying Metro pizza for years. It's really good, if you can find a location with staff that know how to make it. This deal was an instore special at the Pharmacy & Eglinton store in Toronto.
Apr 10, 2011
699 posts
434 upvotes
My local metro does not allow for call ahead so YMMV with that...
Feb 18, 2014
491 posts
286 upvotes
Pizza is ok just make sure that they cook it properly, last time i picked one up it was practically raw underneath, still had a whitish color.
Dec 9, 2014
292 posts
193 upvotes
GTA
Metro pizza is very hit or miss. It really depends on who's making it. Sometimes they'll have complete newbies other times it'll be older veteran workers. I've purchased from two locations in Etobicoke and both times the bottom was burnt. Does anyone recommend a location in the GTA? I drive around a lot for work .
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1280 posts
1506 upvotes
Scarborough
KnobHillFarms wrote: Metro pizza is very hit or miss. It really depends on who's making it. Sometimes they'll have complete newbies other times it'll be older veteran workers. I've purchased from two locations in Etobicoke and both times the bottom was burnt. Does anyone recommend a location in the GTA? I drive around a lot for work .
My neighbourhood location in Scarborough Village (Markham/Eglinton) usually does a good job at making the pizzas and are always very busy on Wednesdays for that day's special.

Age of the pizza makers isn't a factor compared to them committed to their profession. I've often had very well made pizzas done by some younger staff, so it's all a matter of how serious they take their jobs.

Often at major supermarkets like this, I usually get quite rude and condescending attitude and lack of professionalism in service coming from the old ones, for various kinds of personal problems they have and are obviously not suited in any way for the purpose of "Customer Service". Conversely, the younger staff tend to be most friendly, approachable and helping.

Keep in mind, most pizza chains are always very hit or miss when it comes to how you get your pizza done. Especially when it comes to the discounted specials like 50% off or BOGO free, etc. (Cough, cough.....Pizza Hut, Dominos, Pizza Pizza). Those specific offers often you will see heavy skimpiness on toppings and cheese, asides from either undercooking or overcooking them from the location that you order it from.
Jan 6, 2013
228 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
rain wrote: Do they still have it? I tried ordering Mondays for the past month or so and couldn't find the deal. It was suppose to run til end of the year but the coupon got removed.
I haven't actually ordered it in about a month since I'm now cooking almost everything I eat in lockdown. I'll find out Monday I guess. Bummer if they're no longer offering.
Sep 25, 2009
254 posts
146 upvotes
i just called and they gladly took my pre-order so when I get to the store, i just pick up and pay and i have fresh pizza
Jan 6, 2013
228 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
My go to toppings are Chicken, sundried tomato and either mushroom or black olives for the Metro pie. I don't know where else you can get sundried tomato as a topping without paying extra.
Feb 18, 2014
491 posts
286 upvotes
Hardest part is rolling out the dough (they have a machine for that), other then that everything comes already prepared. I can understand if they had to cut everything fresh but that's not the case anywhere you go.

I remember a small "mom and pop" place Vesuviana Pizza (Sentinel and Hucknall, North York area/across from CW Jeffreys) that used to squeeze fresh tomatoes for their sauce, you would see a small nonna in the back with a strainer, those kinds of places are all gone now, now many owners get stuff already made.
Sep 23, 2008
769 posts
363 upvotes
Just wanted to report that the Queen and Gladstone/Dufferin Metro has the $9.99 deal. The pizza maker had to confirm with the manager if it was still going on though, so I imagine it's been on for awhile.

Pizza was surprisingly very good. Crust was flaky like pizza hut, but not as greasy. Good portions of toppings and they didn't skimp out on the cheese either.

Thanks OP!
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4000 posts
276 upvotes
Fry the slices in a pan for a few seconds to make the crust nice and crispy!
Their Mammoth chickens are also on sale 8.99 which are really good
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Nov 24, 2007
251 posts
170 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP! Never would have thought to go to Metro to buy fresh pizza (Metro is not our regular grocery store, either, so wouldn't have noticed).

We've been itching for take out pizza for a few weeks, so tonight I called ahead and ordered two large at Metro in Barrhaven (Ottawa) - one pep, sausage, crumbled bacon, and onion, and the other red peppers, mushrooms, onion, and broccoli. They confirmed that they charge $1 per topping per pizza for extra. So two XL 4 topping pizzas for $22+tax! My wife picked them up.

Impressions - overall, pretty good pizza - i'd say better than PP/Little Caesar/Pizza Hut, not as tasty as Dominos, and not in the realm of "premium" pizzas like Colonnage or Gabriels - but not playing in that price class, either. .

Ours were both a little burned on the bottom, but still edible. The toppings weren't generous, but not skimpy either. They did miss adding the sausage, but they didn't charge for it either.

I don't know if regular price is under $20, but if so it's probably the best for under $20.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2899 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered Metro Pizza regularly but never had the different crust options.
Nov 14, 2015
354 posts
165 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Anyone got photos of their pizzas? Might order one tomorrow!