• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5621 posts
5031 upvotes

[Metro] $9.99+ taxes 16" (XL) 3 Topping Stone Baked Pizza

This frequent deal is back and based on the past replies this is also an RFD favourite. Runs from Nov 5 through Nov 11.

https://www.metro.ca/en/flyer
Images
  • 7AC4A4AF-B31A-418F-A0FB-DEE1F5005ADD.jpeg
Thread Summary
Half and half orders are possible.

Expiry: YMMV
Webhead wrote: The Mississauga Metro where I go told me this $9.99 XL pizza deal is going on until Dec.31/2020.
Link
GabbyWC wrote: According to this notice in the Orangeville Metro, this deal will be available until January 6th, 2021. I've ordered pizza a few times from there in the past. The quality varies depending on who makes it but it's usually worth the $10 sale price.
Link
39 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5621 posts
5031 upvotes
Lunch. Crispier than normal today.
Images
  • 60742683-0F51-4FD8-9EC9-0837C96A1C58.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5621 posts
5031 upvotes
Ooomggg wrote: Can do half and half too???
I've ordered half and half at 3 different Metro's in the GTA by phoning in and in person. Only one person gave me a small pushback on the phone, but they relented.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2858 posts
4023 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
MrMom wrote: I've ordered half and half at 3 different Metro's in the GTA by phoning in and in person. Only one person gave me a small pushback on the phone, but they relented.
Which locations did you order the 50/50 pizzas at and which location gave you static?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1598 posts
3456 upvotes
I have never tried metro pizza. What pizza place does it compare to?
Dec 29, 2012
310 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
MrMom wrote: I've ordered half and half at 3 different Metro's in the GTA by phoning in and in person. Only one person gave me a small pushback on the phone, but they relented.
How did you know what toppings are available over the phone?
Dec 29, 2012
310 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
How did you know what toppings are available over the phone?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
5621 posts
5031 upvotes
Actually, I've taken out from 4 GTA locations, multiple times from 3 of them with a 1/2 & 1/2 pizza. IDK what I ordered at the 4th location.
thedealhunter2000 wrote: Which locations did you order the 50/50 pizzas at and which location gave you static?
The one time was a polite attempt on the phone to say we don't do that. Once I said I've ordered it multiple times this way, he took my order. Doesn't really matter as the staff have been different every time at this location.
Yonge & Eglinton
Bayview & Eglinton
Bayview & York Mills
Stouffville
hydewolf wrote: How did you know what toppings are available over the phone?
Experience, but for you from a previous deal post, metro-fresh-2-go-xl-16-c-3-topping-pizz ... #p33037030

FYI: IDK how long this has been posted on the Metro website, https://fresh2go.metro.ca/individual-trays/pizza.html
Apr 19, 2012
46 posts
22 upvotes
OTTAWA
jetertmac wrote: I have never tried metro pizza. What pizza place does it compare to?
Now, don't jump down my throat, because I get it quite often - and for the price, it's great - but it's kind of on the same level as Pizza Pizza - lowest tier, cardboard-y, fast pizza.

And on that note, think I might go get one today.
Aug 5, 2012
656 posts
477 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Thanks OP. Upvoted you. For some reasons the Metro pizza is underrated and under appreciated. I like it better than a couple of large retail pizza chains.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9608 posts
1860 upvotes
Toronto
MrMom wrote: Lunch. Crispier than normal today.
Nice. Had no idea you could have it done half and half like that.
May 25, 2009
696 posts
295 upvotes
gbukacheski1 wrote: Now, don't jump down my throat, because I get it quite often - and for the price, it's great - but it's kind of on the same level as Pizza Pizza - lowest tier, cardboard-y, fast pizza.

I tried it during the last promo and found the quality below pizza pizza. My kid loves pizza and didn't even want a second slice.
Jul 23, 2006
42 posts
18 upvotes
What I've been noticing with Metro's pizza, I've ordered many times in the past when it was on sale at the same store, is their consistency with topping sizes greatly varies. If you take ham for instance, sometimes you'll get these massive cube sized ham slices like 1cmx1cmx1cm, and other times you'll get super thin slices like 1cmx.5cmx.2cm. It seems like it depends on who is preparing the toppings for the day. So keep in mind, some days you'll get more for your value and other days less. If you want something consistent, you'll have to go to those pizza chain stores.
Nov 24, 2007
377 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
gbukacheski1 wrote: Now, don't jump down my throat, because I get it quite often - and for the price, it's great - but it's kind of on the same level as Pizza Pizza - lowest tier, cardboard-y, fast pizza.

Interesting.... we've been ordering from the Barrhaven Metro all summer and fall, and have found the quality to be quite good, albeit a bit inconsistent. IMHO, the crust is far superior to PP and among the best for takeout - the only issue I've had is sometimes they burn it a bit. The topping quantity is inconsistent - sometimes it's approaching Milano weight, othertimes it's more PP weight. But we find that the toppings are fresh and the cheese tastes good, we strongly prefer it to PP.
Jun 22, 2004
378 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
A tip for those that may not know, you can ask them to make the pizza THIN crust. Personal preference but I think it tastes even better.
Dec 17, 2014
75 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kennedy and sandalwood in Brampton location has this deal until sometime in Jan 2021.
The quality is going down every passing day though Pensive Face
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the eyes do not see, heart never grieves for!