Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Metro.ca ONTARIO Free BBQ Bundle (MSRP $50) with Purchase of $50

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2019 11:29 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote: Which locations?
For me no matter the item, pick up is only shown for these 2 locations. But for now I decided against getting this as I don't need most of it.

Metro Burlington
2010 Appleby Line
Burlington, ON L7L 6M6

Metro St-Clair
2155 St. Clair Ave. W
Toronto, ON M6N 1K5
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1753 posts
2721 upvotes
Pallet Town
Shu wrote: 1
SHOP
ake your first online purchase

ORDER
Select a time slot between Thuesday, May 7th and Wednesday, July 3rd, 2019 inclusively

RECEVE
Enter promo code FREEPRODUCTS* at checkout and receive your free items automatically

Is this really the official website? So many spelling errors...could this be a phishing site?
If it's the same dept who does their flyers, then I'm not surprised. When I used to shop at Metro I would see correction notices posted at the cash every single time
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
chriscabob wrote: And a very limited selection of participating metro stores... maybe give it time and more will have the pickup/deliver service offered. For now it seems like again Toronto is the centre of Ontario.
When wasn't it the centre and why do you expect it to not be the centre ?

Pfffft... cave dwellers from the lesser parts of Ontario being all whiny...lol.
Jan 29, 2018
57 posts
114 upvotes
I didn't know Metro had online ordering or delivery. I was interested in that when Instacart launched for Superstore but at the time they didn't offer flyer prices only full price so I never ordered. Gonna give this a shot.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: I've got an order coming in the next few hours. Will report back on how it goes.
That's pretty fast, didn't realize you could have it on the same day.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
zentro wrote: That's pretty fast, didn't realize you could have it on the same day.
I didn't expect to be able to either but the option was there so I went for it. I was used to Walmart online grocery pickup where the next day is the earliest time you can order for.

An update on my ordering experience: My delivery window was 6-8pm and the driver showed up at around 7:45pm. From talking to the driver it seems like the order came from the 2155 St. Clair Ave. W store (which isn't close at all to me) so I'm not surprised it arrived towards the later end of my delivery window.

Everything was bagged and in totes. No weird surprises but there was one substitution (juice) which I was ok with but could've rejected at the door. The free BBQ bundle came as expected (pictured below).

As far as best before dates and quality of produce goes, everything looked good. Overall I'm pretty happy with the experience and will probably order at least 3-more times since those deliveries are free.
Images
  • IMG_0792.JPG
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: I didn't expect to be able to either but the option was there so I went for it. I was used to Walmart online grocery pickup where the next day is the earliest time you can order for.

An update on my ordering experience: My delivery window was 6-8pm and the driver showed up at around 7:45pm. From talking to the driver it seems like the order came from the 2155 St. Clair Ave. W store (which isn't close at all to me) so I'm not surprised it arrived towards the later end of my delivery window.

Everything was bagged and in totes. No weird surprises but there was one substitution (juice) which I was ok with but could've rejected at the door. The free BBQ bundle came as expected (pictured below).

As far as best before dates and quality of produce goes, everything looked good. Overall I'm pretty happy with the experience and will probably order at least 3-more times since those deliveries are free.
So you had to pay the delivery fee on this order? Can't get free products + free delivery, correct?
Nov 2, 2013
24 posts
15 upvotes
Milton
DragonRider wrote: How much do you tip for delivery?
From the Metro website FAQ:

Should I tip the delivery driver?
The only service fees you need to pay are those that appear on your receipt. The delivery drivers are happy to offer you the best service possible and do so with no expectation of a tip.

BD
Dec 21, 2010
603 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
so i can't be the only one who wondered which model of bbq you got in the deal right?

(my search for a bbq deal continues sadly)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
If you can somehow get all this for $15 that seems pretty amazing.
Was your total close?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: Not quite sure that I understand the question?
Did you get all that in your picture for $15 total delivered?

Because, if I'm reading correctly, you have to order something else, not in your picture, for $50? Resulting in a (possible minimum) order total of $62, $50 + free stuff + $12 delivery.
Last edited by pipolchap on May 8th, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
pipolchap wrote: Did you get all that in your picture for $15 total delivered?

Because, if I'm reading correctly, you have to order something else, not in your picture, for $50? Resulting in a (possible minimum) order total of $62, $50 + free stuff + $12 delivery.
You need to place an order of $50+ in order to use the service. My order was around $70 before delivery fees.

The way I see it is you're getting ~$55 worth of stuff for $12 but A) you need to order groceries that you would've bought in the first place and B) are ok with the prices of the items you're ordering.

The value of the freebies is subjective but even shopping around it's still probably worth at least $40.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote: You need to place an order of $50+ in order to use the service. My order was around $70 before delivery fees.

The way I see it is you're getting ~$55 worth of stuff for $12 but A) you need to order groceries that you would've bought in the first place and B) are ok with the prices of the items you're ordering.

The value of the freebies is subjective but even shopping around it's still probably worth at least $40.
Do you have no choice for the freebies, on the flavor of coke, type of mayo, chips flavor etc?

I was choosing these free things, adding to cart and the coupon didn't deduct the price, LoL!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)