Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Eight O'Clock Whole Bean Coffee 900g-1kg

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2019 8:13 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada

[Metro] Eight O'Clock Whole Bean Coffee 900g-1kg

Edit: Editing this to change the retailer to Metro and price to $6.99. Great price for what seems like decent coffee beans based on reviews.

Was in Food Basic today( Bayvew/John) in Thornhill and saw different varieties of 100% Arabica coffee beans Eight O'Clock. All on sale.
Many people love it. I never tried it before and will try it tomorrow. Amazon USA has a ton of review over 4.5.
They had espresso, dark roast, medium roast, original. I think the original price is around $17, if I remember correctly.

I typically drink Kicking Horse decaf but ran out and just waiting for a sale and my other bag is the Lavazza which I also bought on a huge sale.
Last edited by dazz on Apr 17th, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
29 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
Warm deal, it is $6.99 at Metro right now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
ak-47 wrote: Warm deal, it is $6.99 at Metro right now.
For 1kg??! For beans? I am asking because they also had some grounded which was cheaper and in smaller quantities. If it is $6.99 for 1kg of beans, that's extremely cheap, like HOOTTTT
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, 1 kg whole beans. They have three varieties in store. See first page flyer at the bottom middle. I see it go on sale for this price maybe couple times a year.
Last edited by ak-47 on Apr 17th, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
ak-47 wrote: Yes, 2 kg whole beans. They have three varieties in store. See first page flyer at the bottom middle. I see it on sale for this price maybe couple times a year.
Just checked their flier, you are right!! That's a very good price, I'll have to stock up

From their flyer:
EIGHT O'CLOCK BEAN COFFEE 900 G - 1 KG OR STARBUCKS GROUND COFFEE OR K-CUP CAPSULES
$6.99 ea

Thanks for pointing it out. I changed the OP to reflect that. Gonna stock up tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3141 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
The three varieties they have in Metro is Original, Colombian, and Bokar. For what it's worth, I much prefer the Original over the Bokar.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
This stuff is great - we drink the Bokar (despite the black bag, I wouldn't consider it a dark roast... more of a darker-medium roast), but don't like the other varieties as much.

I stock up each time I notice it on sale for 6.99 - last time was the week including February 12th. Before that, the week including December 16th. Before that, the week including September 7th.
Feb 5, 2017
344 posts
370 upvotes
RubberCheese wrote: This stuff is great - we drink the Bokar (despite the black bag, I wouldn't consider it a dark roast... more of a darker-medium roast), but don't like the other varieties as much.

I stock up each time I notice it on sale for 6.99 - last time was the week including February 12th. Before that, the week including December 16th. Before that, the week including September 7th.
Someone coffees, respect
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Yes this is a great coffee for the price. I grabbed 3 the other day. Metro has the sale on periodically as mentioned above. The two other varieties are 900g and the original is 1kg, just so you know you are getting 10% less if you don't buy the original, the bags are identical looking so you likely would not notice if you did not look for the weight on the package.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3771 posts
475 upvotes
I’m not seeing this in Quebec flyers, is it in next week’s flyer by any chance?
Sep 16, 2016
982 posts
1377 upvotes
$6.99 for 1kg bag?
How good is this coffee bean
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
Thanks, OP. I am in desperate need of inexpensive coffee beans. I was going to wait until Thursday when Melitta beans are on sale at RCSS, but I can't wait Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know if they have a decaf available?
Mar 1, 2015
336 posts
245 upvotes
Mississauga
Trying the whole bean for the first time today, the cololmbia is actually very good and I can't believe the price. Too bad I only ever go to Metro if I have to.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
Are these oily beans? I tried a kicking horse dark roast at some point that was quite oily and made cleaning the grinder a pain, trying to avoid that.
Oct 30, 2009
219 posts
141 upvotes
Milton
It is periodically on sale either $6.99 or $8.99 and decent to my taste and have trace of oil but still consider dry.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
N8Magic wrote: Anyone know if they have a decaf available?
Unfortunately no, I was looking for decaf too there since it's what I mostly drink ( kicking horse mainly as I other brands are way too weak and expensive)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
jchan1985 wrote: Are these oily beans? I tried a kicking horse dark roast at some point that was quite oily and made cleaning the grinder a pain, trying to avoid that.
Not really. I just tried for the first time( bought the original,but will be back later today to try the dark roast as I like a bit bitter/strong tasting coffee. Not oily, from what I could see. The only kicking horse I tried were the decaf beans( over a year now) and they are never oily at all and no issue with the Breville Coffee Machine/grinder.

My verdict @ the original - NOT BAD and considering the price these are just excellent. I actually like it better than Lavazza espresso beans that I got on sale a few months back for the days when I need energy.

There's a good taste, no bitter aftertaste, which a lot of people appreciate. Creamy, smooth, a bit nutty, with slight dark chocolate tones.
Jan 6, 2015
144 posts
44 upvotes
Québec
What is your go-to for ground coffee ? At work, I use my French press.