• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 2:43 pm
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
205 posts
407 upvotes
Ottawa

[Metro] Family Size Christie Cookies $0.99 - Metro App Oct 29- Nov 4 Ontario

Metro App will have Christie Cookies in Family Pack sizes for $0.99 starting Oct 29th.
Not sure if there are any limits.
Metro.JPG
Last edited by colonelsmoke on Oct 27th, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Jul 11, 2017
467 posts
407 upvotes
colonelsmoke wrote: Metro App will have Christie Cookies in Family Pack sizes for $0.99 starting Oct 29th.
Not sure if there are any limits.

Metro.JPG
Likely the same as the past offers have been... It is LIMIT ONE per AM/My Metro account, at least if they are all the same type... Not sure if it would work if you got different types of Christie Crackers/Cookies (I.E. Each pack going down to $0.99)
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2904 posts
2300 upvotes
Montreal
Please put ON only because in QC we dont have this
Mar 6, 2015
537 posts
200 upvotes
Center of the univer…
So scan the app in store and it will ring as 0.99?
Apr 14, 2017
442 posts
635 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
Mondelez needs to keep their Mexican cookies in Mexico.

I wouldn't buy these, I rather support local when possible.

But thank you OP, upvoted because it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3246 posts
18418 upvotes
SuperPaulette wrote: Mondelez needs to keep their Mexican cookies in Mexico.

I wouldn't buy these, I rather support local when possible.

But thank you OP, upvoted because it's a good deal.
You know the Mondelez factory (formerly Christie) is in North York on O’Conner and Bermondsey and they moved the factory outlet store right across the street has been like this for years even before Mondelez bought them out.
Apr 14, 2017
442 posts
635 upvotes
Montréal Not-COTU
markopas wrote: You know the Mondelez factory (formerly Christie) is in North York on O’Conner and Bermondsey and they moved the factory outlet store right across the street has been like this for years even before Mondelez bought them out.
Not the same story for the Montreal location.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8984 posts
7298 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
zyngasweater wrote: So scan the app in store and it will ring as 0.99?
1. Download the app
2. Log in to your Metro account which is tied with your AirMiles card #
3. Load the coupon(s) you desire
4. Checkout with your Airmiles number. No need to show Metro app at all
5. You should see the price adjusted at the till before paying.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1261 posts
1697 upvotes
Not worth installing an app and allowing data to be harvested for a bag of kiddie cookies .
Apr 4, 2007
104 posts
3 upvotes
markopas wrote: You know the Mondelez factory (formerly Christie) is in North York on O’Conner and Bermondsey and they moved the factory outlet store right across the street has been like this for years even before Mondelez bought them out.
Ahhh good memories visiting that location. Buying in bulk is the way to go :)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2002
1009 posts
431 upvotes
GTA
6060842 wrote: Not worth installing an app and allowing data to be harvested for a bag of kiddie cookies .
There is a new deal each week, and since they can limit it so effectively by tying it to Air Miles membership, there should be some good loss leader/at cost deals going forward. So think big picture. Obviously not worth driving far for it, but if you have a Metro near other places you frequent, it's decent. As for the app, it only wants location. You can just turn it off. The only thing they'll learn about me is that I buy one item that's deeply discounted when I fancy it...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8984 posts
7298 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
6060842 wrote: Not worth installing an app and allowing data to be harvested for a bag of kiddie cookies .
There has been great loss leader deals in the past weeks already:
Last week: Paper towels (metro-bounty-paper-towels-4-6-pack-2-99-2406039/)
This week: Bacon (metro-schneiders-bacon-375g-1-99-metro- ... 8-2411610/)
Next week: Cookies

They seem to be replacing the not too popular Tuesday Flash Sale with this. Hopefully the deals will continue.
Last edited by DragonRider on Oct 28th, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 13, 2017
502 posts
474 upvotes
Just using your air miles card gives them the info they want to look at purchase tendencies. I logged into the metro app last week and it told me I could get 2 cases of Barqs for $9. Clearly targeted since it's the pop I drink out of all the Coca-Cola products. And was also a lie since Barqs is nowhere to be found these days.