Nov 9, 2013
1555 posts
1841 upvotes
Scarborough

[Metro] FRESH 2 GO X-LARGE 3 Topping 16" PIZZA $9.99 Walk-in special only -ON

$9.99 ea.

SAVE $5.00

Valid July 30, 2020 - August 05, 2020
Last edited by Strafe1 on Aug 6th, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Jun 10, 2017
578 posts
802 upvotes
They keep extending this offer.. I'm not complaining.. I went in today and the sign said expire July 22nd, but still rang in at 9.99+ tax.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5202 posts
1636 upvotes
GTEH!
Woohoo. Dinner for 1 night. My local Metro store does a decent job making their pizza's.
😎
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1091 posts
535 upvotes
Can the toppings be customized?
[*]
Nov 3, 2011
293 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
Try triple cheese oh man.... It's crazy so goood something about metro cheese
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2934 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto
I think Dominos deal is better. 50% off pizzas Sun-Wed. So a 16 inch extra large with 2 topping comes to $10. You get one less topping, but you also get 1/6 in points towards a free medium pizza.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19392 posts
7513 upvotes
Toronto
beachlover wrote: I think Dominos deal is better. 50% off pizzas Sun-Wed. So a 16 inch extra large with 2 topping comes to $10. You get one less topping, but you also get 1/6 in points towards a free medium pizza.
Dominos tastes better but my local Dominos never has the 50% discount. Metro pizzas have way more toppings, so it is a totally adequate substitute. At the Metro I go to they had a big floor standing sign saying this promo is from July 30 to September 30. Why not just call it an everyday low price.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2381 posts
3040 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
I've had pizzas made a few times at the Parkway Mall Metro. Last time I had it was a week ago and found out they have a pizza making press to make the pizzas. I would avoid this location as the last few times I've been there they don't slice the mushrooms but dice them up like pizza hut does (maybe I'm dating myself if they changed that then I don't know but when I did buy from pizza hut they did dice it up two decades ago) and used what appears to be 1 mushroom diced over the whole pizza. However the ovens are hot and emparted a slight wood/smokey flavor which was good.

Now the Bridlewood Mall location is where I got my last pie a couple days ago. The mushrooms are sliced and the toppings a little better then Parkway Mall. Tho I didn't get that slight smokey flavor. Maybe because I was standing there waiting and they felt pressured to pull it out quickly. You seem to get a little more fromage on the pie at this location.

I was surprised when I asked the deli counter if they had the $9.99 special and they said yes as I knew it ended a few days ago. I thought it may have been a local price but seeing the OP's posting I see the deal has been extended. I recommend asking for extra pizza sauce.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Jan 13, 2012
325 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver
thedealhunter2000 wrote: I've had pizzas made a few times at the Parkway Mall Metro. Last time I had it was a week ago and found out they have a pizza making press to make the pizzas. I would avoid this location as the last few times I've been there they don't slice the mushrooms but dice them up like pizza hut does (maybe I'm dating myself if they changed that then I don't know but when I did buy from pizza hut they did dice it up two decades ago) and used what appears to be 1 mushroom diced over the whole pizza. However the ovens are hot and emparted a slight wood/smokey flavor which was good.

Now the Bridlewood Mall location is where I got my last pie a couple days ago. The mushrooms are sliced and the toppings a little better then Parkway Mall. Tho I didn't get that slight smokey flavor. Maybe because I was standing there waiting and they felt pressured to pull it out quickly. You seem to get a little more fromage on the pie at this location.

I was surprised when I asked the deli counter if they had the $9.99 special and they said yes as I knew it ended a few days ago. I thought it may have been a local price but seeing the OP's posting I see the deal has been extended. I recommend asking for extra pizza sauce.
Location not relevant to me in the slightest, but I thoroughly enjoyed your Metro Pizza reviews. I suppose to add any relevance to the thread I'll add that quality of pizza is highly variable based on location/staff knowing your face. I was once working out of town for months on end in Cornwall (the less said, the better), and the ladies at the Vincent Massey Metro deli counter were probably the best part of that shithole. Google maps tells me it's now closed, so here's hoping that they landed on their feet.
Dec 14, 2004
985 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
This would last me a week
i5 2500k - 8GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 90gig corsair force gt - 640gb WD Black - gtx560 ti soc - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2381 posts
3040 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Just got back from Metro @ Bridlewood Mall. There is a 25min wait at least when I was there and I didn't want to wait inside the store as I would hold up someone else coming in later if there was a line up so I took a walk in the mall. When I got back I had to wait 5 more minutes as the pizza was coming out of the oven. This time, the pizza had a slight crunch on the bottom. I did notice the older guy in the deli with the short salt and pepper hair putting a portion of dough on a pizza press and brushing top and bottom of the dough before pressing it. When I recieved my pizza today I did a quick check to make sure the order was right but this time the mushrooms were cut pizza hut style. -.-;; But that ding aside, the pizza was ok. the toppings still were more then the Parkway Mall location. I'll likely stop by again before the promo is over and take a photo and see if the quantity of toppings is the same. I can't do that on my phone as I have no space left for photos or app functions.

If anyone is going to the Bridlewood Mall Metro and looking for some snacks/dessert in the bakery department I noticed they have 2 x apple struddle (about 1.5ft long just eyeballing it), about 8 cinnimon buns with the glazing on the top, and about 6 boxes of store baked cookies. All items marked 30% off.

I should note, if you are self checking out you will have to call for a CSR to do the 30% off. So why not go to the manned cashiers and have a little chat with them and show that cashiers are still needed and wanted. :)

EDIT:

I should note that the ovens shut down at 19:00. I asked yesterday as I showed up around 20:00ish thinking for some reason maybe because we are in stage 2 and more people are follwing the rules , etc that, that dept would open a little later (in pre-covid times the ovens close at 21:00) but nope the lady told me they close at 19:00. Maybe it is just this location.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12130 posts
4036 upvotes
Toronto
GenericMember wrote: They keep extending this offer..
I'm not sure it hasn't been consistently $9.99 all during pandemic
Jul 18, 2012
44 posts
31 upvotes
EAST YORK
This price has been available very often over the past 4 months of Covid. Some store specific deals and many times advertised in the weekly flyer. It's good pizza and I've been buying it for years. Definitely hit and miss depending on location and who is making it. Most of the time I was going to Victoria Park & Danforth location in east Toronto. I changed after they had all new employees put in the deli and their pizza making skills were horrible. Lately I've been going to the Pharmacy & Eglinton location wIth a better quality product.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4858 posts
377 upvotes
Lol I read this as TWO XL pizzas for $9.99.
Jun 27, 2007
325 posts
251 upvotes
canadianbaconz wrote: Try triple cheese oh man.... It's crazy so goood something about metro cheese
Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. They're using a nice deli quality cheese. I've gotten this deal almost weekly and it's largely because of that damn creamy cheese.