• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 10:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6356 posts
2620 upvotes

[Metro] Fresh New Zealand Spring Lamb Shoulder Chops $4.99 lb

Metro (ON flyer) has New Zealand Lamb Shoulder Chops on sale for $4.99 lb.
They are not frozen but I assume were previously frozen.

I bought 3 packages and cooked 'em today over charcoal (on my Kamado) - basted with rosemary and olive oil.
They were fork tender - hardly any fat.
Screen Shot 10-17-20 at 06.54 PM.PNG
The smell of lamb cooking over charcoal is wonderful :)
77 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7654 posts
2437 upvotes
Maple
What to cook? Fry like pork chop?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6356 posts
2620 upvotes
teoconca wrote: What to cook? Fry like pork chop?
My late mother used to broil them under the electric broiler in the oven.
I have BBQ'd them over gas - but they taste best BBQ'd over lump charcoal.
Apr 11, 2020
43 posts
37 upvotes
teoconca wrote: What to cook? Fry like pork chop?
salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Sous vide at 135 Fahrenheit for an hr, then a quick sear on each side in butter.
If no sous vide, then I'll still sear and pan fry in butter aiming for medium rare
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5965 posts
1854 upvotes
Thornhill
grapeseed oil + squeezed/chopped garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary. Rub it in and cook over charcoal.
These are flavourful,but not near as good as the ribs. Buy them once they are on sale and thick cuts( has to be 1"+), but doesn't happen often. Cook them medium rare over charcoal - yam!
I use voice typing and rarely read what I typed...
Jul 12, 2005
842 posts
180 upvotes
Kelowna
This Greek believes shoulder is the best part of the lamb. Especially if you get whole shoulder and do Greek lamb kleftiko. It's like tearing apart a ball of the most tender, juicy meat ever...lol.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4508 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The 1 downvote must be from the vegan
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4508 posts
5352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Windyt wrote: salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Sous vide at 135 Fahrenheit for an hr, then a quick sear on each side in butter.
If no sous vide, then I'll still sear and pan fry in butter aiming for medium rare
These are so simple to cook to perfection. You don't need sous vide for these unless you are just showing off to guests...
Apr 11, 2020
43 posts
37 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: These are so simple to cook to perfection. You don't need sous vide for these unless you are just showing off to guests...

Yeah lamb chops are tough to mess up, but it doesn't mean sous vide shouldn't be used. I like as much of the meat cooked to the temp I prefer as possible, and sous vide does that best. I don't want a few mm of medium rare, a few mm of medium, and a few of well done, I want 1 mm of nice brown sear on the top and bottom, and the rest to be medium rare, and that's what I get with sous vide, you can't do that on a pan alone. Perfect for you isn't perfect for me brother

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)