Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

ON Fresh NZ Lamb Shoulder Chops ($4.99/lb) & Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ($3.99/lb)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2020 5:17 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5993 upvotes

[Metro] ON Fresh NZ Lamb Shoulder Chops ($4.99/lb) & Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ($3.99/lb)

Latest Metro flyer has fresh NZ Lamb Shoulder Chops $4.99 lb. Now that Summer is here - nothing beats the taste of lamb chops cooked over charcoal.

They also have boneless skinless chicken and turkey breasts for $3.99 lb.
Screen Shot 06-19-20 at 10.08 AM.PNG
It's BBQ time.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 19th, 2020 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: added price to title
36 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
Don't really like shoulder chops, but I do like my lamb, so upvoted.
Nov 9, 2005
438 posts
608 upvotes
These are SHOULDER lamb chops, not loin lamb chops. Should probably mention that in post.

Loin lamb chops cost a lot more and smaller.
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
Anybody ever find that the new Zealand lamb tastes like shit, literally. Especially when heated up and eaten the next day? Both my wife and I have bought these many times but every now and then will get a chop that literally tastes like poop.
Aug 25, 2006
433 posts
101 upvotes
Pickering
I really like these. Best taste/price ratio that I've been able to find and I've bought a lot of lamb from many places over many years. I don't find it as 'wild' tasting as
most other products I've tried...just 'lamby' enough for me. I've yet to have bad tasting batch. Always consistent in my experience and I always stock up at Metro
when it hits this price. I make killer lamb curry with it, among other dishes.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
The__Rock wrote: Anybody ever find that the new Zealand lamb tastes like shit, literally. Especially when heated up and eaten the next day? Both my wife and I have bought these many times but every now and then will get a chop that literally tastes like poop.
I don't think anyone should be talking about food like this. We have to respect food. This is fresh meat, not some overly processed product.

Anyways, New Zealand lamb needs a good amount of lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, and it will taste just fine. It's more gamey than Ontario lamb, so this is an acquired taste. It's great on the bbq.
Last edited by mawzi on Jun 19th, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
fuzzione wrote: I make killer lamb curry with it, among other dishes.
recipes? Love lamb and curry.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
The__Rock wrote: Anybody ever find that the new Zealand lamb tastes like shit, literally. Especially when heated up and eaten the next day? Both my wife and I have bought these many times but every now and then will get a chop that literally tastes like poop.
Nope, never.
Perhaps you need to change the "sauce" you cook it with. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
mawzi wrote: I don't think anyone should be talking about food like this. We have to respect food. This is fresh meat, not some overly processed product.

Anyways, New Zealand lamb needs a good amount of lemon juice, garlic and olive oil, and it will taste just fine. It's more gamey than Ontario lamb, so this is an acquired taste. It's great on the bbq.
Yeah, how meat is seasoned and/or marinated impacts the final product a lot.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Will be picking some up. Any recipes for bbq? I was looking last night, saw basic Greek ones.. Salt pepper. Garlic olive oil.
And more involved ones w cayenne pepper etc

I have a family pack I'm going to defrost this and make this weekend. Have charcoal bbq available.

I paid $13.21/kg for this pack lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
shylok wrote: Will be picking some up. Any recipes for bbq? I was looking last night, saw basic Greek ones.. Salt pepper. Garlic olive oil.
And more involved ones w cayenne pepper etc

I have a family pack I'm going to defrost this and make this weekend. Have charcoal bbq available.

I paid $13.21/kg for this pack lol.
Just remember that these are shoulder chops and thus not as tender as loin/rib chops.
Jul 22, 2013
306 posts
158 upvotes
I think this is close to regular price. At least I got a lot last summer at this price or maybe 5.99. Anyway gonna stock up again.
I find these not lamby enough actually, barely taste like lamb. I do just keg steak mix on the BBQ, maybe I should try some curry too. It is pretty fatty. But no I don't find them tasting like poop...
Aug 25, 2011
338 posts
369 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
C'mon guys! Please don't discuss that in a food thread. It makes me thinking of "sauce" while doing lamb kabobs :-(
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
I just do salt and pepper and then mint sauce once plated...Lamb the only meat I almost prefer slightly overcooked
Apr 25, 2016
240 posts
329 upvotes
taxland
Just an FYI...All lamb products from New Zealand and Australia are Halal. I noticed this at Costco also. The reason is they export a lot of lamb products to Indonesia and Malaysia so they have to be halal. To make things easier both these countries have made all their export lamb halal. I have tried the lamb from both these countries and it's pretty good.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
AmirPars wrote: These are great! I take them off the bone (it takes a little while depending on the cut) and cook them according to this recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/201 ... ecipe.html
I told my wife about this recipe.. She goes why would you take it off the bone.
I'm like it's skewers this way. More surface area it'll be better.
She goes.
It's just me being put to work anyway.. Huffs and walks off lolllll
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
half of the weight is bones, since it is the shoulder. Very little meat, and some of the meat is will be quite tough because of the area the meat is from.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)