Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Jane’s chicken nuggets/strips/chicken fries box for 5.99$ (over 50% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 12:06 am
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
428 upvotes
Cornwall

[Metro] Jane’s chicken nuggets/strips/chicken fries box for 5.99$ (over 50% off)

Lots of variety. Might be Ontario only but yeah me tried and me likes. Dip in sweet & sour sauce or ranch. Regular price was $12.99 at my store.
Images
  • E7775439-16AE-41DD-85FE-186579E4C8FE.jpeg
Last edited by wax888 on Sep 21st, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
Food Basic also same price as Metro
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
time machine blah blah blah - these were $3.99 at no frills 2 weeks ago
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
428 upvotes
Cornwall
Leverage wrote: I don't know anyone that's ever paid $12.99 for Janes processed "chicken".

Just last week they were $3.97 at Walmart
Nobody cares about your toxic opinions about frozen goods. They’re a quick easy food for the kids. Throw them in the oven, dip them in sauce, shove ‘em in your pie hole and tomorrow’s another day. $5.99 take it or leave it. Nobody said they were gourmet but I’m sure plenty of parents will buy these for their kids.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Janes is gross.

Save up and wait for Prime chicken strips (sale 7.99)

Best strips on the game.
May 5, 2006
991 posts
474 upvotes
The Janes products are not bad. When I was super stressed with the parents, I'd buy boxes at this price and do some late night stress eating in bed. Gained probably 10lb. I've heard that raw chicken products are being phased out and these will have to be sold pre-cooked in the future, which is a shame, because they probably won't be as good. The strips are pretty 'chicken' tasting.

By contrast, I've never had a Maple Leaf processed meat product that tasted like anything but artificial.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wax888 wrote: Lots of variety. Might be Ontario only but yeah me tried and me likes. Dip in sweet & sour sauce or ranch. Regular price was $12.99 at my store.
Price match with Walmart as long as we can.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
wax888 wrote: Nobody cares about your toxic opinions about frozen goods. They’re a quick easy food for the kids. Throw them in the oven, dip them in sauce, shove ‘em in your pie hole and tomorrow’s another day. $5.99 take it or leave it. Nobody said they were gourmet but I’m sure plenty of parents will buy these for their kids.
Just because you don't agree with someones opinion doesn't make it toxic.

You feed your kids whatever you want, some wont buy this - you posted a deal, for those who think its a deal will be thankful and some wont. No need to attack people.
Dec 10, 2005
694 posts
316 upvotes
wax888 wrote: Nobody cares about your toxic opinions about frozen goods. They’re a quick easy food for the kids. Throw them in the oven, dip them in sauce, shove ‘em in your pie hole and tomorrow’s another day. $5.99 take it or leave it. Nobody said they were gourmet but I’m sure plenty of parents will buy these for their kids.
Do you actually feed your kids those?
Banned
May 6, 2020
132 posts
428 upvotes
Cornwall
vortex240 wrote: Do you actually feed your kids those?
Plot twist.....I don’t have kids. But if I did I’d feed them Play Doh if need be.

Seriously though....why are people acting as if Jane’s is the lowest of the low. I get it’s not grade ‘A’ primo choice cut 100% whole grain grass-fed organic gender-neutral Chicken. But cmon, it’ll hit the spot this winter when you don’t feel like spending 25$ ordering pizza or going out to get something. Works for me. Buy it. Throw it In the freezer and it’s there when you need it.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2019
4025 posts
6396 upvotes
wax888 wrote: Plot twist.....I don’t have kids. But if I did I’d feed them Play Doh if need be.

Seriously though....why are people acting as if Jane’s is the lowest of the low. I get it’s not grade ‘A’ primo choice cut 100% whole grain grass-fed organic gender-neutral Chicken. But cmon, it’ll hit the spot this winter when you don’t feel like spending 25$ ordering pizza or going out to get something. Works for me. Buy it. Throw it In the freezer and it’s there when you need it.
I actually had some of these for lunch. They were fine for grocery store nuggets. I think the main complaint of this thread isn't the product, but that the price isn't very good.
Public Mobile customer: $40 75GB 5G Canada-US plan
EQ Bank Savings Plus Account
Wealthsimple Premium client
Neo Financial customer
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
JRGUINNESS wrote: Janes is gross.

Save up and wait for Prime chicken strips (sale 7.99)

Best strips on the game.
I prefer M and M, but don’t like the price. The janes are a good in between when I need something that isn’t 25/box.
Mar 2, 2005
218 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
A recent historical price is a toxic opinion...?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
blairs1 wrote: I prefer M and M, but don’t like the price. The janes are a good in between when I need something that isn’t 25/box.
M & M are my second fav. Not a big fan of the breading.

M.L Prime are almost as good as restaurant.

Hate that they can count the sauce in the weight though.

Packaging standards have to change.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1689 posts
2367 upvotes
Waterloo Region
wax888 wrote: Plot twist.....I don’t have kids. But if I did I’d feed them Play Doh if need be.
Welcome to RFD, where total strangers are comfortable sharing their opinions on how to raise your own kids, like their parents did any better with them.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
I have a couple boxes of these "pub-style" ones in the freezer. Strictly convenience because some days my kitchen staff (usually me) just ain't up for the whole organic meal prep, lol.
The ML Prime are much better whole chicken (not mashed up bits). And I agree about the sauce I never use included in the package weight.
Still all this industrial chicken....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
vortex240 wrote: Do you actually feed your kids those?
No, I eat them when I'm craving popcorn chicken.