Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Lactantia PūrFiltre Milk 4L $2.99 (In-App offer + Air Miles) July 8-14 in Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2021 2:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4369 posts
31158 upvotes

[Metro] Lactantia PūrFiltre Milk 4L $2.99 (In-App offer + Air Miles) July 8-14 in Ontario

Download the my Metro App and link your Air Miles card for exclusive offer.

Lactantia PurFiltre Milk 4L (selected varieties) $2.99
Images
  • Screenshot_2021-07-08-12-01-53-1.png
Last edited by hill15 on Jul 8th, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1923 upvotes
Ottawa
Filtered milk is generally a waste of money.

But this is cheaper than the price of non-filtered milk, so filtered it is for this week's milk!

Thanks OP. I always neglect to check advertised prices for milk prior to my RCSS and FreshCo trips.
Jan 25, 2016
626 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: Filtered milk is generally a waste of money.

But this is cheaper than the price of non-filtered milk, so filtered it is for this week's milk!

Thanks OP. I always neglect to check advertised prices for milk prior to my RCSS and FreshCo trips.
Why is filtered Milk a waste of money? I don’t know much about it.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1923 upvotes
Ottawa
HelloNanaimo wrote: Why is filtered Milk a waste of money? I don’t know much about it.
They run the milk through an additional extra fine mesh filter. The goal depends on the product. In some cases, they do it to increase protein content or remove more fat. Some people claim it makes the milk taste better or creamier.

In this case, they do it to remove additional bacteria, which prolongs shelf life over regular pasteurized milk.

For the Lactania PurFilter product, you're paying +50% (regular price) for a longer shelf life, and that's it. The nutritional content is identical. For 2%: 130cal/service, 5g of fat, 9g of protein, 12g of carbs, 45% VitD, 10% VitA, and 30% Calcium.

https://beatrice.ca/en/ontario/product/2per-4l/
https://lactantia.ca/food_product/lacta ... lk-bottle/
Oct 6, 2020
466 posts
724 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: They run the milk through an additional extra fine mesh filter. The goal depends on the product. In some cases, they do it to increase protein content or remove more fat. Some people claim it makes the milk taste better or creamier.

In this case, they do it to remove additional bacteria, which prolongs shelf life over regular pasteurized milk.

For the Lactania PurFilter product, you're paying +50% (regular price) for a longer shelf life, and that's it. The nutritional content is identical. For 2%: 130cal/service, 5g of fat, 9g of protein, 12g of carbs, 45% VitD, 10% VitA, and 30% Calcium.

Thats why I get the Ultra Filter where the protein content is 50% higher....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6962 upvotes
The NORTH
teedomo88 wrote: Thats why I get the Ultra Filter where the protein content is 50% higher....
Same, All I drink now is Fairlife Skim milk.
Sep 26, 2008
772 posts
539 upvotes
lol breastfeeding from cows in 2021 :facepalm:
Last edited by syuzh on Jul 8th, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5038 posts
6530 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hill15 wrote: Download the my Metro App and link your Air Miles card for exclusive offer.

Lactantia PurFiltre Milk 4L (selected varieties) $2.99
Is it limit 1?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6962 upvotes
The NORTH
syuzh wrote: lol breastfeeding from cows in 2021 :facepalm:
Not understanding evolution in 2021... :facepalm:
Apr 10, 2011
851 posts
775 upvotes
Anyone know if this applies to homo milk as well?
Jan 1, 2019
97 posts
289 upvotes
lemmiwinks wrote: Anyone know if this applies to homo milk as well?
I tried it this morning, and yes it does.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
15047 posts
4755 upvotes
Last couple times they've had this, they ran out of stock relatively quickly. Go early.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2055 posts
1612 upvotes
Laval, QC
Hot price
Can you buy one than one bag?
Jan 25, 2016
626 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: They run the milk through an additional extra fine mesh filter. The goal depends on the product. In some cases, they do it to increase protein content or remove more fat. Some people claim it makes the milk taste better or creamier.

All these years drinking of the Neilson Microfilter Milk buying into the marketing saying “1% tastes like 2%” - I took it for face value.

Haven’t tried the Fairlife Milk. Something about Milk coming in a plastic bottle, didn’t do it for me. Might try now. Thanks for the info!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1923 upvotes
Ottawa
HelloNanaimo wrote: All these years drinking of the Neilson Microfilter Milk buying into the marketing saying “1% tastes like 2%” - I took it for face value.

Haven’t tried the Fairlife Milk. Something about Milk coming in a plastic bottle, didn’t do it for me. Might try now. Thanks for the info!
Im pretty sure Ontario is the only jurisdiction where milk doesn't come in a plastic jug by default.

I moved from the west to Ontario 2 years ago and I rant to my wife every time I cut open a damned bag of milk.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7764 posts
3276 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: Filtered milk is generally a waste of money.
It's a money saver for me since it takes me a month to go through 4L of milk. It's worth the extra dollar since regular milk starts to go bad after 2 weeks.
Sep 26, 2008
772 posts
539 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Not understanding evolution in 2021... :facepalm:
oh you don't breastfeed from a cow? something they've been doing for centuries? you must not be evolved then Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
lol wow I can't even Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes that's good comedy
imagine getting told you don't understand evolution from someone who follows medieval practices.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2117 posts
1923 upvotes
Ottawa
LNahid2000 wrote: It's a money saver for me since it takes me a month to go through 4L of milk. It's worth the extra dollar since regular milk starts to go bad after 2 weeks.
Yup, fair point for those who don't drink as much.

1x4L of PurFiltre will be cheaper than 2x2L cartons of regular pasteurized milk.

My wife drinks a crap ton of milk and we have a toddler. We go through a 4L of skim and a 4L of 2% every 7-10 days.