Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Lactantia PūrFiltre Milk 4L $2.99 (In-App offer + Air Miles) July 8-14 in Ontario

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2021 2:23 pm
Jan 12, 2017
543 posts
1442 upvotes
I see it in my app. But will I get this price if I order online for delivery?
Jan 25, 2016
540 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: Im pretty sure Ontario is the only jurisdiction where milk doesn't come in a plastic jug by default.

I moved from the west to Ontario 2 years ago and I rant to my wife every time I cut open a damned bag of milk.
I meant that the Fairlife comes in a 1.5L plastic bottle. I’m a B.C. Transplant to Ontario myself.

Pro tip, Mac’s convenience store is the only place I’ve found Milk in the 4L jug in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2491 posts
107 upvotes
Ottawa
Any limit? Don't see where it says anything about limits.

FS: Nothing
Apr 7, 2011
919 posts
1003 upvotes
ottawa
TheGame wrote: Any limit? Don't see where it says anything about limits.
Coupons are always one time use.
Sep 23, 2018
354 posts
249 upvotes
stcv3 wrote: Coupons are always one time use.
His question was can he buy multiple bags with this coupon. Not about using coupon multiple times.
Jan 20, 2012
970 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
ankysrulz wrote: His question was can he buy multiple bags with this coupon. Not about using coupon multiple times.
heading over to Metro now, will report after check out.
Jan 20, 2012
970 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
1 bag per coupon. Homo works as well. Got 2 bags of homo and $2 off, which made it $3.99 per bag.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2516 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ON only, so no luck for QC I guess?
Dec 20, 2010
314 posts
402 upvotes
Ottawa
Dynatos wrote: They run the milk through an additional extra fine mesh filter. The goal depends on the product. In some cases, they do it to increase protein content or remove more fat. Some people claim it makes the milk taste better or creamier.

In this case, they do it to remove additional bacteria, which prolongs shelf life over regular pasteurized milk.

For the Lactania PurFilter product, you're paying +50% (regular price) for a longer shelf life, and that's it. The nutritional content is identical. For 2%: 130cal/service, 5g of fat, 9g of protein, 12g of carbs, 45% VitD, 10% VitA, and 30% Calcium.

https://beatrice.ca/en/ontario/product/2per-4l/
https://lactantia.ca/food_product/lacta ... lk-bottle/
Is it 50% more? in Ottawa it is typically 1$ to 1.50$ more per 4l bag. that works out to 25 to 30%
I buy the filtered because we cannot consume 4L of non filtered milk in 16 days and the filtered being good for 28 to 35 days is sufficient time to drink it.

To be honest the price of milk, at least in Ottawa is a significant loss leader. When I worked in a supermarket milk was sold at a $2 to $2.75 loss per 4l bag of non-filtered milk. the filtered milk would cost the retailer about 80 cents to $1.20 more depending on the brand for a 4l bag.
May 27, 2008
494 posts
421 upvotes
Alekxqin wrote: ON only, so no luck for QC I guess?
Nope, no luck as we have a minimum price (think it's 6,86$ for 2%) here in Québec, so in other words, we are subsidizing our fellow neighbors to buy it... Great way of doing business...
Oct 13, 2017
830 posts
800 upvotes
Hamilton
nightwalker wrote: Has anyone tried to PM at other grocery stores with these Metro app+air miles deals before?
Some people have been successful but they aren't supposed to price match because the deal requires you to have air miles to get it... It's not just a normal flyer offer. So YMMV on price matching
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2052 posts
1864 upvotes
Ottawa
Compunerd wrote: Is it 50% more? in Ottawa it is typically 1$ to 1.50$ more per 4l bag. that works out to 25 to 30%
I buy the filtered because we cannot consume 4L of non filtered milk in 16 days and the filtered being good for 28 to 35 days is sufficient time to drink it.

To be honest the price of milk, at least in Ottawa is a significant loss leader. When I worked in a supermarket milk was sold at a $2 to $2.75 loss per 4l bag of non-filtered milk. the filtered milk would cost the retailer about 80 cents to $1.20 more depending on the brand for a 4l bag.
Touché.

It's 20-30% more.

Again, it makes sense if you don't drink milk all that fast, but if you're getting through 4L bags of regular milk before they expire don't waste your money on the (regular priced) Lactania PurFiltre or Neilson TruTaste.

Products like Fairlite are a bit different, and might be appropriate for some. Half the sugar, almost twice the protein, and lactose free.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6194 posts
4722 upvotes
M-Arkham
headleygrange wrote: Always good to have more than 1 air miles card.
you need to load the card into the metro app to get the coupon
That mean, you need 2 metro app acct w/ 2 am card.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G