Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Live Lobster $12.99 /lb.

  • Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2021 5:09 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2020
143 posts
1349 upvotes

[Metro] Live Lobster $12.99 /lb.

Live Lobster on sale at Metro
1-1.25 LB
Valid until May 12, 2021
37 replies
Jr. Member
Feb 4, 2017
101 posts
154 upvotes
must change for different province. t's 8.88$/lb at métro in Québec.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
1498 posts
1507 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
esteban85 wrote: must change for different province. t's 8.88$/lb at métro in Québec.
$7.99/lb at Provigo for those who have Optimum cards.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2020
143 posts
1349 upvotes
rockdeejay wrote: Some Chinese supermarket sell them for 10.99?
The quality (freshness) from these Asian market (besides T&T) is sub-par.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1818 posts
531 upvotes
ORLEANS
IGA in quebec has them for $9/lbs
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5403 posts
1257 upvotes
Montreal
herrdude wrote: $7.99/lb at Provigo for those who have Optimum cards.
Can you elaborate on the details? Does using optimum rewards card give you extra discount all the time?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2007
4202 posts
1865 upvotes
Quebec
as soon they scan your optimum card, the price per pound is adjusted automaticaly to 7.99
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
18890 posts
5494 upvotes
Scarberia
Why does Quebec have all the cheap lobster deals Face With Tears Of Joy
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2007
4202 posts
1865 upvotes
Quebec
cause nobody buy them at higher price. we are too poor, just some prime minister, government worker and some rich business person can afford to eat lobster
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 5, 2010
1515 posts
871 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: Why does Quebec have all the cheap lobster deals Face With Tears Of Joy
Maybe because we catch lobsters ourself?

Back to topic, IGA sells cooked lobster at the same price as live one.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2011
5044 posts
3187 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
mikka2017 wrote: Why does Quebec have all the cheap lobster deals Face With Tears Of Joy
Gaspésie Île de la Madeleine are huge lobsters Fisher.

Also, as long as i remember, in Quebec, every beginning of May, there's always great deal on lobster in supermarket. It's like a tradition now.

I already ate 4 of them. I'll buy another 4 this week!

Love lobster!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 29, 2011
5044 posts
3187 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
HyperTech wrote: cause nobody buy them at higher price. we are too poor, just some prime minister, government worker and some rich business person can afford to eat lobster
Exactly,

In Quebec we only eat lobster on sale and Baloney.

Too poor for anything else
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
1498 posts
1507 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
cn_habs wrote: Can you elaborate on the details? Does using optimum rewards card give you extra discount all the time?
Just this week. It's in this week's flyer.
vonblock wrote: Exactly,

In Quebec we only eat lobster on sale and Baloney.

Too poor for anything else
Says the guy who lives in Westmount.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1489 posts
1774 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
herrdude wrote: Just this week. It's in this week's flyer.


Says the guy who lives in Westmount.
The only baloney someone in westmount is buying is to feed his live-in cleaning lady.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4052 posts
4935 upvotes
paultieu wrote: Live Lobster on sale at Metro
1-1.25 LB
Valid until May 12, 2021
Interesting fact Lobster in Canada is fished year round depending on the zone.
And now one of the main reasons its going up in price is the demand from the Chinese market.

*Won't post what I really want to say on the matter
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6075 posts
1901 upvotes
Mississauga
paultieu wrote: The quality (freshness) from these Asian market (besides T&T) is sub-par.
they don't steam for you... it's free at Metro
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 7, 2011
1006 posts
1189 upvotes
ottawa
Adonis has it for $10 on their flyer but they had none yesterday when I went there (in Ottawa).

Miss the Maritimes and those giant lobsters. 1.25lbs is nothing.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 19, 2020
143 posts
1349 upvotes
Ducky wrote: they don't steam for you... it's free at Metro
And i found those seafood butchers at Chinese supermarket (besides T&T) to be super-rude. They didn't even inform me the extra charge for chopping the lobster :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2011
1498 posts
1507 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
KravenHead wrote: Interesting fact Lobster in Canada is fished year round depending on the zone.
And now one of the main reasons its going up in price is the demand from the Chinese market.

*Won't post what I really want to say on the matter
I can't say for the rest of Canada, but in Québec, $7.99/lb has been the seasonal price for years.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)