Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

lobster tails 2 for $5 in metro Ottawa

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2018 9:22 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
192 upvotes

[Metro] lobster tails 2 for $5 in metro Ottawa

I don't recall seeing lobster being sold at better price than this one.. worth checking out.

rock lobster tails 2-3 Oz each at 2 tails for $5.

P.S. found through flipp app.
Images
  • upload.jpg
27 replies
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
192 upvotes
which town is this valu-mart? I don't see it listed in Ottawa
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2183 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
zarkook wrote: I don't recall seeing lobster being sold at better price than this one.. worth checking out.

Are lobster tails any good? How do you cook and eat them? I have had lobster rolla before and love it but never an actual lobster like this.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15688 posts
11077 upvotes
masoud100 wrote: Are lobster tails any good? How do you cook and eat them? I have had lobster rolla before and love it but never an actual lobster like this.
These are okay not great. I usually grill them shell side down with garlic butter, for a couple minutes on the bbq to go with a steak.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4769 posts
1560 upvotes
zarkook wrote: I don't recall seeing lobster being sold at better price than this one.. worth checking out.

You probably mean Ontario, not only Ottawa. Flyers usually go by province
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
How do they get the tails? What do they do with the other parts?
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
192 upvotes
these lobsters are tiny so I wouldn't expect whole a lot of food to come from the head part. I still have to check easy recipes online for them but am sure you will find tons of videos on YouTube that shows how to make it
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
192 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: These are okay not great. I usually grill them shell side down with garlic butter, for a couple minutes on the bbq to go with a steak.

By "not great" are you referring to to the deal itself or the lobster quality/size or what? I'm still wondering if this is considered an excellent catch (though I rarely see deals like this).
Feb 13, 2014
211 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
I love these little guys... Here's how I do them on my bbq:

- Punch a skewer through the open part of the tail and run it down to the "fan" end so that they don't curl up;
- use kitchen shears to cut the back shell about half the length of the shell
- melt some butter and add lime juice and a bit of hot pepper and garlic
- grill leg-side down for about 2 mins
- flip and grill on back shell side for 2-3 mins, but watch them... once the meat turns white and opaque, they are done (they are small and cook very quickly)
- remove the lobster from the shells and dip into the melted butter

If the tails are larger, you can do the same thing, but cut the tails in half length-wise and grill meat side down for 2 mins to get sear marks, then flip over and grill on the shell side.

For these small guys, figure you'll get about 1-2 ounces of meat from a tail, so plan on 3-4 per (or more) person if they are to be the main protein.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1503 posts
1344 upvotes
Ottawa
Rock lobster is not lobster. It's big shrimp

Don't expect Atlantic lobster if you buy this.
Dec 26, 2005
298 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
jayoldschool wrote: Rock lobster is not lobster. It's big shrimp

Where do I find the real lobsters then?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6577 posts
9073 upvotes
I think it was $1.99 when Loblaws first introduced around 2012 or 2013. Then later they had a bigger one (4 to 5 oz) normally on sale for $3.99. $2.5 is reasonable after few years of inflation.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3355 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vivibaby wrote: How do they get the tails? What do they do with the other parts?
They donate the other parts to LEGO. What do you think LEGO parts are made of?
May 31, 2017
182 posts
324 upvotes
montreal
jayoldschool wrote: Rock lobster is not lobster. It's big shrimp

Image on the left you have the rock lobster, and on the right the regular lobster (with claws)
at 2 for $5 it is a good deal for that seafood, it is definitely not real lobster, but still enjoyable on the bbq
Sep 8, 2017
422 posts
999 upvotes
Should be all of Ontario, I am located in Markham and I see the same thing in the metro flyer, my closest metro is at stouffville
Images
  • AAEE1D9C-4051-448A-9B69-40AF1292AD0B.png
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2668 posts
2788 upvotes
Montreal, QC
No deal for QC
Just check the weekly flyer, didn't see it