Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Metro - Beyond Meat Burger - Buy 1 Get 1 Free $7.99 Jan23-29

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2020 9:34 am
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
Forgot to ask in my last reply.

Do these freeze / thaw well? I might stock up if I can put a few packs in the freezer and know they will good for a few weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8795 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Forgot to ask in my last reply.

Do these freeze / thaw well? I might stock up if I can put a few packs in the freezer and know they will good for a few weeks.
Not sure about these ones.... the ones I got at Costco were already frozen
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
13194 posts
7650 upvotes
Kanata
Gutty96 wrote: Forgot to ask in my last reply.

I've frozen both the beyond meat and the LightLife products, they freeze and thaw well. As mentioned already, the ones at Costco are already frozen. I don't know how they do with a rapid defrost but leaving them overnight in the fridge, they are fine to cook the next day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3944 upvotes
Milton, ON.
wearysky wrote: I just got back from my local Metro, and not only do they have Beyond Burgers now, they also have the LightLife ones too.
I will confirm this. Saw plenty of both products in my local Mississauga Metro. Burger shaped and also ground packs.
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15768 posts
11164 upvotes
goofball wrote: I've frozen both the beyond meat and the LightLife products, they freeze and thaw well. As mentioned already, the ones at Costco are already frozen. I don't know how they do with a rapid defrost but leaving them overnight in the fridge, they are fine to cook the next day.
Thanks! Gonna buy a few packs tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I will confirm this. Saw plenty of both products in my local Mississauga Metro. Burger shaped and also ground packs.
They had the ground packs at my Metro too, forgot to mention that.
Feb 26, 2010
514 posts
253 upvotes
Montreal
goofball wrote: As a comparison, the LightLife (can be had at Harvey's for a fast food option) burgers were Buy 1, Get 2 Free a couple of weeks ago at Sobeys. They were $7.99 but you got 3 packages so that comes out to around $1.33 a burger. That was a very good deal. It was also on their ground equivalent, which was $9.99.
Are there 2 burgers in a package?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
There were plenty of Beyond Burgers at my local Aurora Metro today and I picked up a couple of packages.

I just thought I'd comment that I don't like the inconsistent way they are offered. Sometimes frozen in an actual freezer (Aurora Longo's). Sometimes thawed or fresh in an open refrigerated case (Newmarket Metro). Sometimes frozen (probably thawing) in an open refrigerated case (Aurora Metro). Too much confusion.
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Get the Chao from Walmart to go with these
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
DiceMan wrote: There were plenty of Beyond Burgers at my local Aurora Metro today and I picked up a couple of packages.

I just thought I'd comment that I don't like the inconsistent way they are offered. Sometimes frozen in an actual freezer (Aurora Longo's). Sometimes thawed or fresh in an open refrigerated case (Newmarket Metro). Sometimes frozen (probably thawing) in an open refrigerated case (Aurora Metro). Too much confusion.
I believe they're shipped frozen.

I grabbed a few packs at Zehrs last year as they were just put out (still frozen) and popped them into my freezer.

Want to check out the Sobeys again as I did see a sign today for lightlife burgers - but couldn't recall what it was.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Sobey's has the Lightlife burger on sale this week for $5.99/two pack, and get a second one free.

While I prefer the beyond burger - a friend hasn't tried the lightlife so I grabbed two packages to split.
Mar 20, 2009
62 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: WTF?!?!?!

113g for 20g protein AND 270cal????? Jebus...........

Lean ground beef 100g 21g protein and whopping 140cal.
So if you are not vegan, you can have a 1/4lbs burger for the same calories but also twice the protein. Yet again I fail to see why NON vegans buy this stuff.
It's really simple.
0% cholesterol & they are the closest thing to real beef when cooked on the grill.
Oct 13, 2016
552 posts
1224 upvotes
Don’t seems like it’s cheaper than regular burger? Or it actually tastes better?
Jan 22, 2007
979 posts
999 upvotes
blairs1 wrote: Sobey's has the Lightlife burger on sale this week for $5.99/two pack, and get a second one free.

While I prefer the beyond burger - a friend hasn't tried the lightlife so I grabbed two packages to split.
Is this advertised in the flyer? Potential for price match?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NineOne wrote: I haven't been to any Oakville location, but if it helps, at the Metros downtown you can find them at the butcher's counter (the actual counter, where they have veal and some other specialty items), and not in the regular packaged meat area or the frozen burger area.
Thanks for the heads up. I would not have thought to search the butcher's counter for a meatless product but there it was.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
LenXons wrote: Don’t seems like it’s cheaper than regular burger? Or it actually tastes better?
It's not cheaper yet, though it's getting cheaper that it was, and it tastes quite close, though not identical to a burger. If a lot of people were fed this burger (with toppings) and not told it was plant-based, many wouldn't catch it, and some would. Health-wise it's not particularly good for you, though neither is a burger. The market for this is probably animal ethicists or resource-aware people, less so the frugal types or the health nuts.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)