Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Metro : Mother's day Fresh LOBSTERS! $5.99/lbs May 7-9 only (1 - 1.25 lbs each).

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2010 4:04 pm
14 replies
Oct 6, 2007
90 posts
22 upvotes
Saw the flyer earlier, already planning the Mother Day feast!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9826 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
Outer Circle wrote: Saw the flyer earlier, already planning the Mother Day feast!
Good stuff!.. Surf n turf??? :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6369 posts
415 upvotes
Scarborough
i love lobster tail and a nice bowl of hot melted butter.... yum!
Dec 23, 2007
59 posts
9 upvotes
Sorry to digress, but can any one recommend a decently humane way of killing the lobsters right before cooking? I loves me lobster, but am not so hot on the idea of boiling them alive.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2009
2613 posts
1697 upvotes
Durham
timl wrote: Sorry to digress, but can any one recommend a decently humane way of killing the lobsters right before cooking? I loves me lobster, but am not so hot on the idea of boiling them alive.
I usually cut them in half (quick death), then steam it
Aug 29, 2006
506 posts
6 upvotes
London
aint TnT usually 4.99/lb? or is Metro's quality a lot better?
Oct 26, 2005
174 posts
4 upvotes
timl wrote: Sorry to digress, but can any one recommend a decently humane way of killing the lobsters right before cooking? I loves me lobster, but am not so hot on the idea of boiling them alive.
Lethal injection....There's no other way, sorry. The lobster is simply thinking it's taking a hot bath and quitely passes out. BTW,the screeming sound you hear is not the lobster. It's the shell.
Jul 31, 2009
76 posts
1 upvote
Markham
rekearb wrote: aint TnT usually 4.99/lb? or is Metro's quality a lot better?
Yea the T&T deal was good, 4.99/lb and the one I got was 5 lbs.
It was juicy alrite.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9826 posts
2231 upvotes
Toronto
rekearb wrote: aint TnT usually 4.99/lb? or is Metro's quality a lot better?
souljai wrote: Yea the T&T deal was good, 4.99/lb and the one I got was 5 lbs.
It was juicy alrite.
the lobster onsale at T&T this week are Canners which are usually under a lb which IMO is too small to enjoy. To me a nice 1.25 lber is the best.
Sep 12, 2006
122 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know how metro packs them, but when you bring them home from the east coast (you can buy them right at the airport), they pack them in icepacks.

From what In understand, this slows down their heart rate to essentially a comatose state and therefore they are unconcious (or close to) when you go to cook them.

This was only told to me. I have no research or anything...if you want more info, I'm sure the internet will help out.
Nov 19, 2008
120 posts
30 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
souljai wrote: Yea the T&T deal was good, 4.99/lb and the one I got was 5 lbs.
It was juicy alrite.
T&T has lobsters for 4.99 each today till monday. Dont know how big these are though?
Jan 27, 2010
441 posts
50 upvotes
If you want to kill a lobster without splitting the body, you can take a large, sharp knife and pierce down into the top of the head, then bring the knife down to sever the head in two. It's a pretty quick death, particularly for something that lives in the sea.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2007
2719 posts
53 upvotes
Etobicoke/Mississaug…
izeric wrote: T&T has lobsters for 4.99 each today till monday. Dont know how big these are though?
Would like to know as well. I'm going to drop by after work to pickup some of those Drumstick ice cream cones that are on sale, so I might take a look at those lobsters.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)