• May 16th, 2021 3:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14283 posts
9050 upvotes
Markham

Metro: New Zealand 100% grass fed beef

Saw this in their flyer today. Thought it might interest some of the foodies on here.

Didn't post it in Hot Deals because I know I'll get a bunch of downvotes as it is not cheap beef.

Screenshot_20210512-201201.jpg
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
12 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10442 posts
4552 upvotes
Bought 4lbs of ground beef recently. It is really, really good ground beef. Crumbles down so nicely. Used it for bolognese, tacos and burgers last week.

Can't speak for the other cuts though.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1713 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Will try it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14283 posts
9050 upvotes
Markham
Mr_Fanta wrote: Thanks OP. I will try out the grass fed rib steaks this weekend. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Should add your link to this new steak deals compilation thread below.

there-good-list-out-there-what-steak-cu ... 2458629/4/
Didn't know that thread existed LOL.

Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4184 posts
2081 upvotes
Milton, ON.
After finding these at Metro I stopped buying at WholeFoods. Excellent quality cuts and the taste is top notch.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1740 posts
1225 upvotes
but isnt WF using dry-aged beef? This stuff at metro is wet aged?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9716 posts
4001 upvotes
Toronto
I often buy grassfed. The Springvale brand from metro goes on sale quite often but I’d never serve the ground beef to guests. The actual meat is fine but it often has a lot of tough sinewy pieces in it
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7796 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote: I often buy grassfed. The Springvale brand from metro goes on sale quite often but I’d never serve the ground beef to guests. The actual meat is fine but it often has a lot of tough sinewy pieces in it
Do you recall how this sale compares to the previous Springvale deals? Is it about the same price when on sale? Deciding if I should grab a couple to freeze.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9716 posts
4001 upvotes
Toronto
trixR4kids wrote: Do you recall how this sale compares to the previous Springvale deals? Is it about the same price when on sale? Deciding if I should grab a couple to freeze.
Similar price to the other recent sales they’ve had. I have a few frozen as well
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
May 13, 2021
1 posts
Where is WF??? And are these steaks wet or dry aged can anyone confirm?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14283 posts
9050 upvotes
Markham
Vanilla416 wrote: Where is WF??? And are these steaks wet or dry aged can anyone confirm?
Ppl are also discussing this meat in the Food forum. One of the problems with having split threads which is inevitable...

there-good-list-out-there-what-steak-cu ... 2458629/4/

These steaks are vac sealed and wet aged from the sounds of it.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9716 posts
4001 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: looking forward to this product being sold at metro subsidiary food basics for a dollar less than at metro
Good luck waiting. They’ve had it at Metro for over a year