• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 12:05 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
2286 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
I would bet the farm that those suspicious of electrolyte products do not live active lifestyles.

I've used Nuun (and other similar products) while long distance cycling.
As has been mentioned, the biggest advantage is portability.
When you cycle 140km in a day, you drink a lot of water.
Using these tabs helps with this, especially if you crave taste/variety.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1594 posts
115 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 9:47 am
Lol what problems? You get enough “electrolytes” by your diet alone. And licking salt isn’t going to do anything.

This whole electrolyte crazy is manufactured and pointless.
Lol, the op didn’t suggest using it as a part of a balanced diet, as the op said, it is used when exerting a lot of physical effort, like running a marathon. If you drink nothing but water you will pass out or not be able to compete. It is an alternative to Gatorade in essence. Can also use it when travelling if you get the shits.

Now what else I agree with you that 300 pounders don’t need to drink Gatorade to power their keyboard warrior edgy illinformed posts on red, some do even though to them it is empty calories and they don’t need the electrolytes however they probably don’t drink it because of the electrolytes. But if you think all electrolytes are more marketing and no substance you should let mike Babcock know that his players should just drink some water instead.
Feb 6, 2010
512 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
When I played golf my energy would start to wane around the 14th to 15th hole. I would pop one of these tablets into my water bottle and it gave me a bit of a boost to play a bit better and finish the round. I am not saying I would play like Jack Nicklaus but at least I not throwing my clubs into the lake. Winking Face
Jun 2, 2007
451 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
Great find thanks for posting I use nunn for my long runs and best about the nunn it’s not sweet like sports drinks. Will grab it
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Nov 13, 2018
87 posts
185 upvotes
Great find OP. Nuun are my favorite tablets for longer rides. I love the grape one. Good price!
Nov 30, 2003
192 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
In case you wanted to try before buying, Nuun gives out free drinks and sample packets at every long distance run and bike event I've been to this year.
Jun 15, 2019
60 posts
70 upvotes
cyder wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 11:38 am
Lol, the op didn’t suggest using it as a part of a balanced diet, as the op said, it is used when exerting a lot of physical effort, like running a marathon. If you drink nothing but water you will pass out or not be able to compete. It is an alternative to Gatorade in essence. Can also use it when travelling if you get the shits.

Now what else I agree with you that 300 pounders don’t need to drink Gatorade to power their keyboard warrior edgy illinformed posts on red, some do even though to them it is empty calories and they don’t need the electrolytes however they probably don’t drink it because of the electrolytes. But if you think all electrolytes are more marketing and no substance you should let mike Babcock know that his players should just drink some water instead.
Upvote! Happy we have come to such an understanding. I too don't think that most of the people drinking gatorade move enough to warrant it. I am one of those not moving enough and was wondering if it was for me or not :)
Mar 16, 2015
77 posts
28 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have not used Nuun but Hydralyte, although I am sure they are the same "recipe". The reason these things work is they are designed for optimal absorption, which is a lot less sugar and more salts Gatorade. Your body doesn't have much to do with this liquid before it gets absorbed, even less so than water. World Health Organization has a "Oral Re-hydration Solutions" recipe that they use the dehydrated in places where access to clean water is limited. It's perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Here is a wiki on oral rehydration therapy if anyone is interested, it is something that I have been looking into these past few years that I been off/on sick.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2015 posts
350 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Working outside doing construction in this hot weather I started taking some Electrolytes.
Tried Gatorade zero, Powerade Zero, EcoDrink Multivitamin, ZipFizz, Pureboost Clean Energy, Vega Sport Hydrator.
So far Pureboost citrus is the best, least sugary, but I get it from States.

Have to finally give Nuun Sport a try, hoping it's not that sweet, hate all these super sweet drinks, just wish it was bigger dose of electrolytes.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2084 posts
970 upvotes
This is a good price.

I use these in my water bottle for playing sports instead of licking salt and eating spinach on the bench Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2542 posts
740 upvotes
Kingston
Gah.....it’s got Stevia extract in it. I can taste that stuff in anything it’s in and it’s nasty (to me). I thought I was odd because stevia is in so many things nowadays (lots of protein powders too) but apparently some people are very sensitive to the taste.