• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2020 1:02 am
[OP]
Mar 15, 2011
33 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto

[Metro] Nuun electrolyte tablets

For those of you who missed the Sport Check sale a couple of weeks ago (4 pack for $28.49), singles are on sale at Metro stores with pharmacies for $5.99. Only in-store though.

Good for those long runs and cycles.

Currently $9/single at MEC and $38/4 pack at Sport Chek and Amazon. https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/wel ... =333081323
Images
  • Capture.PNG
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3326 posts
1609 upvotes
Toronto
Where in Toronto are you?
I'm in Central Etobicoke, and it does not appear in my flyer (through your link, and through Flipp app).
The closest Metro to me is one of the older smaller ones - could it be that I am only seeing flyers for this store, and not the much bigger ones (with pharmacy) that is further from me?

I set the store as the St. Clair Junction one (which has a pharmacy), but their flyer was same as mine - no Nuun.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2011
33 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I think it's specific to stores with pharmacies. I go to the Yonge/Church location in North York.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3326 posts
1609 upvotes
Toronto
Abanana wrote: I think it's specific to stores with pharmacies. I go to the Yonge/Church location in North York.
As mentioned, I checked out the flyer for the Junction store (St. Clair W), which has a pharmacy.
No nuun tablets in the flyer.
Might be a YMMV localised sale.

If people see this in your flyer, please let us know where you are.
Have not used these in years - would love to grab some.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3326 posts
1609 upvotes
Toronto
chanc2 wrote:
Don't even have to watch this to chime in.
From a cycling perspective, it's just nice to have some mild flavour mixed with water.
Especially for long distance rides, where this is fairly weightless to bring along.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3326 posts
1609 upvotes
Toronto
It appears OP is correct on the Pharmacy thing.
Was able to confirm by setting Junction as "my store", then viewing flyer.
When you use "find a store" on the website, it offers to let you see the flyer for that store, but failed to show the pharmacy version of the flyer.
Mar 14, 2006
413 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
I used to use Nuun (old formula version) when I played sports and I liked it a lot better than any of the other sports drinks. It was also a good one to use when I was also on the ketogenic diet since it had no sugar (new formula has a little bit now). As someone said, it does help to have a little taste to just plain water.

I still do have some tablets lying around and use them if I feel the need to hydrate, having the minimal sugar and carbs does help.