Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Ontario:$20 Fresh2Go FamilyMeal 1kg BBQ chicken+full rack(12 bones)back ribs 450g+lg potato wedges+2 salads@454g each

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 12:14 pm
Newbie
Oct 25, 2012
23 posts
24 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
It looks like this deal is on until Sept 22nd?
Images
  • 20210825_144415.jpg
Newbie
Jun 10, 2015
33 posts
25 upvotes
Calgary
All the times that I have gone in. The menu reads $19.99, however, I have only paid the $9.99 price.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 17, 2018
198 posts
279 upvotes
BF No Where
ibuddler wrote: This or ribs and chicken from costco?
I don't have Costco membership but family have brought back the Polish sausage on a bun ($1.50?) and it is stellar Relieved Face
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1424 posts
1560 upvotes
You could probably buy this + 2 XL pizzas for a small gathering on the weekend and nobody will know u only spent $40 and think you're a king or something Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
2231 posts
1593 upvotes
Their pizza merely ok for the taste and price. Not sure why people keep saying it's great. The ingredients isnt created from their grocery sections - it comes straight from their warehouse.
Is it because they make it in front of your eyes and you can tell them extra sauce and pick out the 3 toppings? You can do that at dominos.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
2231 posts
1593 upvotes
anyone else can confirm this deal is available this week at most locaitons?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1462 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: Their pizza merely ok for the taste and price. Not sure why people keep saying it's great. The ingredients isnt created from their grocery sections - it comes straight from their warehouse.
Is it because they make it in front of your eyes and you can tell them extra sauce and pick out the 3 toppings? You can do that at dominos.
I find that it really depends on the person who makes it at Metro. I agree that it's usually not that great but sometimes it's surprisingly good. Domino's is probably more of a sure thing but even that can be a hit or miss depending on how generous the person is with the toppings.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
4010 posts
1625 upvotes
Scarborough
Just got back from picking one up, according to the employee she says they put it in the flyer every now and then but it's a daily in-store special. So she filled me in on their little Metro secret. Could be YMMV but for those curious the one inside BridleWood mall is daily.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 17, 2018
198 posts
279 upvotes
BF No Where
evilYoda wrote: anyone else can confirm this deal is available this week at most locaitons?
OrangeBerry wrote: Just got back from picking one up, according to the employee she says they put it in the flyer every now and then but it's a daily in-store special. So she filled me in on their little Metro secret. Could be YMMV but for those curious the one inside BridleWood mall is daily.
Hamilton, Centre on Barton Metro offers this everyday as well. Call your local Metro to be sure, YMMV.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3495 posts
1114 upvotes
Belle River
If you don't want ribs I saw this for $15 at Windsor Central location:
metro_15_family_meal.jpg

Says it ends September 22 but maybe it's also an anytime deal.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 17, 2018
198 posts
279 upvotes
BF No Where
hystavito wrote: If you don't want ribs I saw this for $15 at Windsor Central location:
metro_15_family_meal.jpg

Says it ends September 22 but maybe it's also an anytime deal.
Not a bad deal at $15, you can get the 1kg BBQ chicken on sale time to time for ~ $10, normally wedges about $5 and salads about $4 each.

I'm just wondering, someone suggested substitutions on the chicken and rib deal if they had no ribs, would they allow you substitute a 2nd chicken for the ribs? I've been at the counter and buddy tells me ribs will be ready in 45 minutes, timing wise that wasn't going to work for me but I would've taken a 2nd chicken. I'll see next time it happens, I guess it will be a big YMMV.
Last edited by gamefacelouie on Aug 31st, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
2231 posts
1593 upvotes
8.99 is the lowest sale price for the 1kg chicken. No chance they will allow you to take another one in exchange for the ribs.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 17, 2018
198 posts
279 upvotes
BF No Where
Balduno wrote: I like that it says mammoth size on the packaging of the chicken.
Yes, seems like a bit of an exaggeration at 1kg but it's all relative. Food Basics rotisserie chicken is 750 g, Zehrs rotisserie chicken is 900 g not sure about Costco or Sobeys.
I'd trade it all for a little more.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 17, 2018
198 posts
279 upvotes
BF No Where
Sale back on until the 8th

Most stores closed Labour Day Monday September 6 check Metro.ca for your store's hours
I'd trade it all for a little more.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
9235 posts
2250 upvotes
Vancouver
gamefacelouie wrote: The ribs were good, fall off the bone and juicy, same with the chicken. Vinegar based coleslaw was tangy and not too sweet. I found the potato wedges to be a bit on the dry side, next time I will grab a can of chalet sauce or gravy in case or check for timing on a fresh batch as recommended by an earlier commenter.
gamefacelouie wrote: I don't have Costco membership but family have brought back the Polish sausage on a bun ($1.50?) and it is stellar Relieved Face
Metro ribs fall off the bone., Costco sausage stellar. Might have to agree to disagree

I find all grocery store chicken to be horrible. Not that hard to cook a small chicken in the oven but I understand you can’t compare that to take out.

Posting just to say don’t throw out the chicken carcass. Google how to make stock with it. Super simple and you can get a nice stew going next few days (or freeze it). While your at metro pick up some chicken. thighs and toss that in with the stock some veggies potatoes rice pasta whatver. Can make a big pot of chicken soup that will come out really good even with someone who can’t cook .

Certainly better than the canned crap. Also you can freeze stew portions

Chicken gumbo is a bit trickier to make but well worth it!
Autocorrect sucks

Top