Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Ontario: T-Bone and Wing Steaks 6.99LB, Chicken Breast $2.77LB, Lactantia Butter $2.99, ONT Peaches 3L $3.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2020 12:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5928 upvotes
GTA

[Metro] Ontario: T-Bone and Wing Steaks 6.99LB, Chicken Breast $2.77LB, Lactantia Butter $2.99, ONT Peaches 3L $3.99

Starting Thursday, Metro has T-Bone and Wing Steak value packs on sale for $6.99LB (Canada AA or USDA Select)

Veal Rib or Loin Chops, grain fed, also $6.99LB (not value packs)

Chicken Breasts $2.77LB (bone in, skin on, not value packs)..... No Frills has them for $2LB (club pack)

Lactantia Butter $2.99LB

ONTARIO PEACHES 3L Basket $3.99

Last edited by Kfox on Jul 30th, 2020 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
2438 posts
1059 upvotes
toronto
thanks op.

I'm interested in the t-bone steak and wings. Because there in a value pack does that mean its lower quality? What do i look for in quality when picking steaks?
Feb 6, 2017
222 posts
428 upvotes
chrisanthony14 wrote: thanks op.

I'm interested in the t-bone steak and wings. Because there in a value pack does that mean its lower quality? What do i look for in quality when picking steaks?
Yes, the quality is AA or worse, Select.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5928 upvotes
GTA
chrisanthony14 wrote: thanks op.

Value pack is Metro's term for family pack -likely 3 or more steaks per package.

AA and USDA Select is a grade below the highest of AAA, but that doesn't mean you won't get a very fine tasting steak. I prefer the Wing, it usually has a smaller bone than TBone and just as tasty. Look for some marbling (flecks of fat in the interior of steak) and ones that don't have a huge layer of fat on outside that you'll most likely trim off anyway. And a thicker steak is better in my book, if it's marbled.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2060 posts
447 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Value pack is Metro's term for family pack -likely 3 or more steaks per package.

AA and USDA Select is a grade below the highest of AAA, but that doesn't mean you won't get a very fine tasting steak. I prefer the Wing, it usually has a smaller bone than TBone and just as tasty. Look for some marbling (flecks of fat in the interior of steak) and ones that don't have a huge layer of fat on outside that you'll most likely trim off anyway. And a thicker steak is better in my book, if it's marbled.
Agreed and by some marbling a FAIR bit of marbling (white flecks of intramuscular fat) is good thing as it adds tenderness and taste
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2060 posts
447 upvotes
Sobey's in Ontario has AA Prime Rib and Prime Rib steaks at $6.99 LB also starting tomorrow
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5928 upvotes
GTA
MJB wrote: Sobey's in Ontario has AA Prime Rib and Prime Rib steaks at $6.99 LB also starting tomorrow
Sobey's also has their premium "Sterling Silver" Canada AAA Top Sirloin steaks or roasts for $7.99LB
https://sterlingsilvermeats.com/about-o ... lang=en-ca

And if you want AAA Prime Rib steak or roast, certified Angus, Fortino's $9.99LB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)