Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Metro

Pepperoni & Cheese 16" X-Large Hot Pizza $9.99 Jan 5 - Jan 8

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2023 12:24 am
37 replies
Apr 22, 2010
597 posts
192 upvotes
Barrie, ON
never had their pizza - how is it?
Sep 30, 2022
126 posts
367 upvotes
Excellent pizza depending on who's cooking. Aurora store has a full-time Lunchlady Doris who scrimps on toppings, 2" perimeter of dough and over cooks it! Got a cute part-time girl after 4pm and it was awesome! Best to look at the slices being offered before ordering.
Dec 22, 2007
28 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal but the store near me can't cook a pie to save their life.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
2082 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
try their garlic dipping sauce. Quite similar to Pizza Pizza
Oct 23, 2019
106 posts
112 upvotes
What??? I had no idea. I need to try ASAP
Nov 15, 2007
189 posts
262 upvotes
Milton
In terms of grocery store prepped and cooked pizza, Longos is the best. I can't trust anything that Metro cooks... I think the only thing the store can't screw up on is the bread that they bring in from Front Street bakery.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1767 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
selkies wrote: never had their pizza - how is it?
Fantastic pizza, I always get these when specials happen. Ask for well done!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6386 posts
1216 upvotes
Canada
WhoTheHellCares wrote: Excellent pizza depending on who's cooking. Aurora store has a full-time Lunchlady Doris who scrimps on toppings, 2" perimeter of dough and over cooks it! Got a cute part-time girl after 4pm and it was awesome! Best to look at the slices being offered before ordering.
Lol.
Not sure why you needed to add "cute".
Did that make the pizza better?

You could have easily just said, after 4pm was another worker and the pizza was great.
Oct 4, 2009
241 posts
261 upvotes
It says it's until the 11th of January, but this thread says January 8th. Am I missing something?
Jun 16, 2020
353 posts
710 upvotes
demil7 wrote: It says it's until the 11th of January, but this thread says January 8th. Am I missing something?
It (flyer) is until January 11. Meal deals including this pizza special ends today
Jan 19, 2008
987 posts
450 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Never had these before, for the sake of having something to compare to, how does it stack up to a pizza from Costco? (Yeah I know, the bar is low lol)
canadiankorean wrote: Lol.
Not sure why you needed to add "cute".
Did that make the pizza better?
Clearly he's hungry for more than just pizza lmao Eyes
*Determination.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1386 posts
46 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dark_fantom wrote: Never had these before, for the sake of having something to compare to, how does it stack up to a pizza from Costco? (Yeah I know, the bar is low lol)

He got no beef...
If You Don't Have Time to Do It Right, You'd Better Have Time to Do It Over!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1067 posts
447 upvotes
MTL/TO
Dark_fantom wrote: Never had these before, for the sake of having something to compare to, how does it stack up to a pizza from Costco? (Yeah I know, the bar is low lol)

Never tried Metro, but I'm willing to wager based on reviews here that it is better than Costco... Costco pizza is terrible, likely the worst I ever experienced.

And if anyone actually says Costco pizza is good, then you can never take any of their food opinions with any degree of confidence

Longos has a really good pizza.
Feb 14, 2017
101 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Metro pizza is really good, but it also depends on who is making it. The ones close to my house are just hit and miss, but the one near my parents is a lot more consistent. Comparable taste to Pizzaville.
Jan 15, 2020
82 posts
279 upvotes
Just buy Costco? 18" pepperoni for $12.99 and tastes better.
Nov 10, 2005
442 posts
335 upvotes
Do all Metro's make these pizzas? I was at one a couple weeks ago and didn't see it - but I was quickly walking through picking up a few things so I may have missed it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1764 posts
2089 upvotes
Ottawa
berklon wrote: Do all Metro's make these pizzas? I was at one a couple weeks ago and didn't see it - but I was quickly walking through picking up a few things so I may have missed it.
Might help to say which one you walked through.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22260 posts
35707 upvotes
ONTARIO
KodakBlack wrote: Just buy Costco? 18" pepperoni for $12.99 and tastes better.
Maybe it depends on your local Metro, but I can say with confidence that this is incorrect for where I am.
The local Metro here makes way better pizza than the costco pizzas. Nothing wrong with the costco pizzas, but the metro ones are just superior, in my opinion. The ingredients taste fantastic, and the crust itself is so good. I don't know what's in it, but it's delicious.

Plus if you love a cheesy pizza, you would love the Metro pizzas. They really don't skimp on cheese.

Here are a couple of my metro pizzas I had back in November (only time I bothered to take pics). These ones are 4-topping ones though that I got through the $10.99 Skip The Dishes deal.

Edit: I know we're comparing a pepperoni pizza to a pepperoni pizza here, but often they have in-store $10.99 3-topping pizza deals on, so to me it's much better to spend an extra $1 and get more toppings.
Images
  • pizza2.jpg
  • pizza1.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)