• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 3:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2580 posts
9547 upvotes

[Metro] Schneiders Bacon 375g $1.99 (with Metro APP) Ontario Oct. 22-28

Metro has Schneider's bacon 375g, selected varieties on for $1.99 with Metro APP, exclusive offer.
25 replies
Aug 22, 2005
922 posts
155 upvotes
Brampton
What a pain it's becoming... I have all these apps for these 'one hit wonder' type deals... there has to be a better way. Install the app, setup credentials, don't use the same password for different apps... geez!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3262 posts
1666 upvotes
Toronto
Be careful. This week a family size box was also an app offer for $1.99. Ordered, coupon showed, and now when I look at order email, it shows $3.99. Seems like all these grocers are playing games, hoping you won't bother calling for $2.

Update: Good news is that I was able to reach a live person on the phone easy enough, and even cancel today's order, even though cancellation window closed yesterday. Kudos to Metro for that :)
Mar 6, 2015
537 posts
200 upvotes
Center of the univer…
beachlover wrote: Be careful. This week a family size box was also an app offer for $1.99. Ordered, coupon showed, and now when I look at order email, it shows $3.99. Seems like all these grocers are playing games, hoping you won't bother calling for $2.

Update: Good news is that I was able to reach a live person on the phone easy enough, and even cancel today's order, even though cancellation window closed yesterday. Kudos to Metro for that :)
Cancelled instead of honoring the price?
Nov 8, 2012
689 posts
567 upvotes
London, ON
Is there a limit to how many bacons? It says one coupon but doesn’t mention a limit if you can buy multiples
Jun 29, 2006
435 posts
57 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: Is there a limit to how many bacons? It says one coupon but doesn’t mention a limit if you can buy multiples
one item only per account. That's how it was with the paper towels a month ago, so i assume it's the same since the coupon is the same.
Mar 6, 2015
537 posts
200 upvotes
Center of the univer…
I pmed it at No Frills. No need to download a stupid app since it is in the flyer. Regular price is like $6.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2315 posts
1477 upvotes
Ontario
My local Metro sells the bacon for $6.49

So paid $0.99 after scanning the app to get the $5.50 discount.
Apr 26, 2019
287 posts
375 upvotes
zyngasweater wrote: I pmed it at No Frills. No need to download a stupid app since it is in the flyer. Regular price is like $6.
No Frills at Front and Princess would not let me PM this. Said it is an “exclusive offer.”
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
8978 posts
7294 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

In any case, I redeemed twice at Metro on 2 different accounts.
They have a 50% less sodium version available.
Makes tasty bacon-shrimp wraps.

Bacon-Wrapped-Shrimp-served-on-a-stainless-platter.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3894 posts
460 upvotes
Pickering, ON
DragonRider wrote: Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

I dunno, I bought Carvers Choice once before and vowed to never again. Seemed fattier with the slices being cut pretty randomly.
Apr 26, 2019
287 posts
375 upvotes
BD006 wrote: I dunno, I bought Carvers Choice once before and vowed to never again. Seemed fattier with the slices being cut pretty randomly.
That's because the carvers choose how they cut it.
Mar 30, 2015
22 posts
82 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
DragonRider wrote: Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

Carver's Choice is not comparable to Schneider's. Carver's Choice is a lower grade product. It's a no.2 bacon product that is basically rejected from Schneider's. You may get a good pack of Carver's here and there, but on average is very much not the same.