Expired Hot Deals

Metro

Schneiders Bacon 375g $1.99 (with Metro APP) Ontario Oct. 22-28

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 3:50 pm
25 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2005
941 posts
182 upvotes
Brampton
What a pain it's becoming... I have all these apps for these 'one hit wonder' type deals... there has to be a better way. Install the app, setup credentials, don't use the same password for different apps... geez!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3534 posts
2161 upvotes
Toronto
Be careful. This week a family size box was also an app offer for $1.99. Ordered, coupon showed, and now when I look at order email, it shows $3.99. Seems like all these grocers are playing games, hoping you won't bother calling for $2.

Update: Good news is that I was able to reach a live person on the phone easy enough, and even cancel today's order, even though cancellation window closed yesterday. Kudos to Metro for that :)
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1153 posts
695 upvotes
Robidas Island
beachlover wrote: Be careful. This week a family size box was also an app offer for $1.99. Ordered, coupon showed, and now when I look at order email, it shows $3.99. Seems like all these grocers are playing games, hoping you won't bother calling for $2.

Update: Good news is that I was able to reach a live person on the phone easy enough, and even cancel today's order, even though cancellation window closed yesterday. Kudos to Metro for that :)
Cancelled instead of honoring the price?
Sr. Member
Nov 8, 2012
839 posts
735 upvotes
London, ON
Is there a limit to how many bacons? It says one coupon but doesn’t mention a limit if you can buy multiples
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 29, 2006
690 posts
339 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: Is there a limit to how many bacons? It says one coupon but doesn’t mention a limit if you can buy multiples
one item only per account. That's how it was with the paper towels a month ago, so i assume it's the same since the coupon is the same.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1153 posts
695 upvotes
Robidas Island
I pmed it at No Frills. No need to download a stupid app since it is in the flyer. Regular price is like $6.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3554 posts
3582 upvotes
Ontario
My local Metro sells the bacon for $6.49

So paid $0.99 after scanning the app to get the $5.50 discount.
Member
Apr 26, 2019
466 posts
615 upvotes
zyngasweater wrote: I pmed it at No Frills. No need to download a stupid app since it is in the flyer. Regular price is like $6.
No Frills at Front and Princess would not let me PM this. Said it is an “exclusive offer.”
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
9274 posts
7641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

In any case, I redeemed twice at Metro on 2 different accounts.
They have a 50% less sodium version available.
Makes tasty bacon-shrimp wraps.

Bacon-Wrapped-Shrimp-served-on-a-stainless-platter.jpg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 25, 2004
4078 posts
634 upvotes
Pickering, ON
DragonRider wrote: Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

In any case, I redeemed twice at Metro on 2 different accounts.
They have a 50% less sodium version available.
Makes tasty bacon-shrimp wraps.


Bacon-Wrapped-Shrimp-served-on-a-stainless-platter.jpg
I dunno, I bought Carvers Choice once before and vowed to never again. Seemed fattier with the slices being cut pretty randomly.
Member
Apr 26, 2019
466 posts
615 upvotes
BD006 wrote: I dunno, I bought Carvers Choice once before and vowed to never again. Seemed fattier with the slices being cut pretty randomly.
That's because the carvers choose how they cut it.
Newbie
Mar 30, 2015
35 posts
107 upvotes
Dildo, NL
DragonRider wrote: Giant Tiger is selling Carver's Choice bacon 375g for $1.97.
No coupon needed.

In any case, I redeemed twice at Metro on 2 different accounts.
They have a 50% less sodium version available.
Makes tasty bacon-shrimp wraps.


Bacon-Wrapped-Shrimp-served-on-a-stainless-platter.jpg
Carver's Choice is not comparable to Schneider's. Carver's Choice is a lower grade product. It's a no.2 bacon product that is basically rejected from Schneider's. You may get a good pack of Carver's here and there, but on average is very much not the same.
I used to be SumTingWong, but admin says there is something wrong with SumTingWong. So now I am underwhelming. Just like how I am in bed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2003
7545 posts
580 upvotes
Vancouver
learn to make your own bacon super cheap after buying a good scale , some salt, and a good slicing knife you can make alot more and way less salty than store bought
https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/8-step ... acon-home/ a quick example, it is REALLY easy
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 25, 2005
9274 posts
7641 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I don't need a lot more as I barely eat bacon.
So getting it for $2 a pack is perfect for me,
rather than going through the hassle of curing and smoking.

I am actually surprised this deal is not more popular on RFD.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 27, 2006
1738 posts
647 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah $2 for bacon, last time I saw this cheap was when NF had their no name for $2!!!
I recently bought 8 packs to freeze, the PC brand, even then it was $3
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 15, 2014
1030 posts
860 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bacon expert here. Order goes...

DuBreton > Costco > Olymel >>>>>>>>Schnider's/Maple Leaf. I don't eat those last two.

Source: me and my 3-4 packs of bacon a week diet.
Please respond
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1153 posts
695 upvotes
Robidas Island
CardinalComb wrote: Bacon expert here. Order goes...

DuBreton > Costco > Olymel >>>>>>>>Schnider's/Maple Leaf. I don't eat those last two.

Source: me and my 3-4 packs of bacon a week diet.
Do these ever sale for $2 per 375 g? What about store brand bacon?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
6320 posts
2830 upvotes
Debtario
djrobinn wrote: What a pain it's becoming... I have all these apps for these 'one hit wonder' type deals... there has to be a better way. Install the app, setup credentials, don't use the same password for different apps... geez!
Agreed. They'll likely make more from selling your tracking info than what you'll save on the deals.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Top