Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7618 posts
2003 upvotes
Toronto

[Metro] X-Large Pizza - 3 Topping Stone Baked - $9.99

In this week's flyer. Good deal if the quality is up to par. Anyone tried the stone baked pizza at Metro?
Metro flyer - Pizza
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
55 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
6002 posts
999 upvotes
My local Metro's pizza is pretty good. Might get one this weekend at some point.

Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2275 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Its ok, they substituted grilled chicken with breaded chicken strips (a bit meh)
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4732 posts
1588 upvotes
A Place to Stand
The problem with Metro pizza is its pretty hit or miss as far as quality goes, even in the same location. It just depends who's working there at the time. I've had amazing pizzas from there, and absolutely terrible ones. I used to get their Wednesday specials years ago when the quality was fantastic, but they changed the way they did them or the ingredients or something and it went downhill pretty fast. There were threads here several years ago and everyone agreed. This deal is great though when this one comes around for the 3 topping pizza as none of their toppings are considered premium, nor does double cheese count as two toppings as it often does at some pizza chains.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4499 posts
2876 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I agree quality depends on location sometimes, generally the pizza is decent in my opinion.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15549 posts
3375 upvotes
Toronto
Ya agree really depends on which high school kid is making the pizza. Last time the pizza wasn't even cut into slices and the pizza was a hot mess.
Jul 18, 2012
41 posts
28 upvotes
EAST YORK
I always go to Metro for pizza and to the same store. Usually good but depends on who makes it.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2679 posts
533 upvotes
Oshawa
GSD wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 5:21 pm
Its ok, they substituted grilled chicken with breaded chicken strips (a bit meh)
BIG DEAL! What do you want for $9.99???? Give it up!

Go to Little Caesars! They have the medium 5 meat deal for $9.99 ... gets you more meat!
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3624 posts
153 upvotes
Montreal
Is this in the food court? What time are they open until?
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2004
1955 posts
216 upvotes
Thanks for posting OP. We like the Metro pizza from our local store. It's made in one of those big stone ovens, could be wood fired but I'm not sure. The crust is kind of chewy in a good way and it's really tasty. Plus it's really convenient to pick up groceries, beer/wine, and lunch or dinner in one shot.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20264 posts
134532 upvotes
GTA
Pretty good price point for the portion given that Pizza Hut has killed the large for $10 special (they cut it down to medium only now).
Feb 14, 2017
37 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Good deal, although I'm fine with their pepperoni. The pizza is alright, but the cheese they use is on the lower quality side.
Dec 9, 2014
86 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
I agree with everyone about their pizza being hit or miss even at the same location. The pizza can be good on some days and inedible on other days. The last time I went, it was burnt.

Dec 16, 2010
28 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
KnobHillFarms wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 9:22 pm
I agree with everyone about their pizza being hit or miss even at the same location. The pizza can be good on some days and inedible on other days. The last time I went, it was burnt.

Same here at Park Lawn Metro...they've started burning my pizzas, that now I'm hesitant to buy one...
Mar 11, 2018
192 posts
71 upvotes
montrealer514 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 9:34 pm
Same here at Park Lawn Metro...they've started burning my pizzas, that now I'm hesitant to buy one...
Works out great for the drunkards