Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Metropolis at Metrotown, Guildford Town Centre & Tsawwassen Mills - 10% off when you spend over $200 on gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 3:35 pm
Oct 7, 2015
74 posts
180 upvotes
Abbotsford, BC
cnbobby wrote: Can I use Metrotown GC in other locations?
Yes, redeem at metro town on Sunday and used it in Guildford Lego store. Website shows "one card for all" or something liked that indicating one gift card should work in all 3 mall in BC
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6224 posts
10192 upvotes
Ontario
vistokid wrote: I don't live in BC and tried to buy some to use in my province and am getting this message when I checkout:

"Redemption of Discounted Gift Cards: Gift cards purchased with a discount can only be redeemed within the province of the centre where the cards were purchased."

All the wording on the website seems to be say that gift cards can be used Canada wide but I'm not sure. I don't know how they would enforce redemption.
soymilkslam wrote: Previously, I bought mine from the Toronto site and picked them up in person at Metrotown. Unless they changed something?
soymilkslam wrote: This condition is new to the deal. They are restricting it to the province it was purchased for.

Yes, you must pick up in person.

Instead of buying from the metro site, just find the appropriate Ivanhoe mall for your province. Chances are they will have the same deal.
DaVibe wrote: Finally saw this after clicking "Proceed to Secure Checkout" after choosing your design, message and recipient details

Yes, I agree, I'm not sure how this can be enforced, considering the card is supposed to work across Canada
Perhaps it will be manually enforced and denied by the CSR when you attempt to redeem for the physical card in person in ON? Or the system has now been programmed to not activate the physical card if in ON? Anyone want to take a $200 gamble? :)

But I think once the physical card is activated, there won't be anything to prevent you from making purchases in ON. (especially for someone who subsequently moves from BC to ON)
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2003
1016 posts
458 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Perhaps it will be manually enforced and denied by the CSR when you attempt to redeem for the physical card in person in ON? Or the system has now been programmed to not activate the physical card if in ON? Anyone want to take a $200 gamble? :)

But I think once the physical card is activated, there won't be anything to prevent you from making purchases in ON. (especially for someone who subsequently moves from BC to ON)
I agree. I don't think there's anything that can be done from redeeming in another province (unless they claw back the 10%).

I'm tempted to buy one just to see but I don't really need anything ATM.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
vistokid wrote: I agree. I don't think there's anything that can be done from redeeming in another province (unless they claw back the 10%).

I'm tempted to buy one just to see but I don't really need anything ATM.
I don't think so either
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
TurboLag wrote: Yes, redeem at metro town on Sunday and used it in Guildford Lego store. Website shows "one card for all" or something liked that indicating one gift card should work in all 3 mall in BC
Thank you sir
Apr 23, 2014
991 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I pay telus bill at metrotown?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2449 posts
4447 upvotes
Vancouver
vanclty wrote: Can I pay telus bill at metrotown?
Nope. Pretty sure this is covered in the terms and conditions.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
Deal appears to be dead at Metrotown.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
kevdanga wrote: Deal appears to be dead at Metrotown.
Still alive on the Guildford Town Centre and Tsawwassen Mills websites for now.
Apr 23, 2014
991 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TurboLag wrote: Yes, redeem at metro town on Sunday and used it in Guildford Lego store. Website shows "one card for all" or something liked that indicating one gift card should work in all 3 mall in BC
It says i need to redeem card in guildford in email. Can i redeem in metro?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2017
2449 posts
4447 upvotes
Vancouver
vanclty wrote: It says i need to redeem card in guildford in email. Can i redeem in metro?
Yes, I spoke to their customer support and they say this is possible.
Mar 23, 2019
462 posts
290 upvotes
It seems all three websites took down this promo now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)