Price:
$90
Savings:
$10 off
Expiry:
October 31, 2019
Retailer:
Ivanhoe Cambridge Malls
It looks like this deal applies to all Ivanhoe Cambridge mall e-gift cards.
85 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16500 posts
2628 upvotes
Toronto
Would this work with the Amex promo since it’s online?
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
61 posts
84 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 8:38 pm
Would this work with the Amex promo since it’s online?
According to the terms and conditions for the AMEX offer, online purchases are not eligible. You have to make an in store purchase with your amex CC to get the $15 credit.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1301 posts
1265 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Vaughan Mills (Ontario) is offering the same $10.00 off a $100.00 gc online purchases only.
Feb 25, 2015
45 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Make sure to verify the stores that work folks. This e-card isn't the same as the typical physical card which works at Superstore and T&T. This one is a pre-paid AMEX, so store options are a lot more limited.
Jun 24, 2016
247 posts
173 upvotes
sauderite wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 9:22 pm
Make sure to verify the stores that work folks. This e-card isn't the same as the typical physical card which works at Superstore and T&T. This one is a pre-paid AMEX, so store options are a lot more limited.
The new physical gift card is literally the exact same, prepaid AMEX.
Feb 25, 2015
45 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Omesuri wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 9:32 pm
The new physical gift card is literally the exact same, prepaid AMEX.
Don't know about that - it appears much more limited options with this one. Physical ones are accepted by T&T and Superstore while this one doesn't show up as a retailer on the supported list.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
61 posts
84 upvotes
sauderite wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 9:56 pm
Don't know about that - it appears much more limited options with this one. Physical ones are accepted by T&T and Superstore while this one doesn't show up as a retailer on the supported list.
According to several Ivanhoe Cambridge websites, there has been a change to the type of the mall gift cards since August 2019. The previous mall gift cards used to be Mastercard prepaid cards, but the new cards are now classified as AMEX prepaid cards.

As a result of this change, the list of stores that accept the new mall gift cards was recently updated.
Dec 9, 2001
278 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
Do any of the stores at the mall let you use this to buy other gift cards? Such as Esso?
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
61 posts
84 upvotes
ShocWave wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 10:20 pm
Do any of the stores at the mall let you use this to buy other gift cards? Such as Esso?
Potential stores that would let you use the mall gift card to buy other gift cards are:
- Walmart
- Shoppers Drug Mart (YMMV, depends on the store)
- London Drugs (BC)

If I recall correctly, the mall gift card can be used at London Drugs in BC to pay for ICBC auto insurance according to a post from a different RFD thread.
Dec 9, 2001
278 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
SkillOverload wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 10:23 pm
If I recall correctly, the mall gift card can be used at London Drugs in BC to pay for ICBC auto insurance according to a post from a different RFD thread.
Hot deal if true, but all the insurance places I've been do only let me do one card transaction to put the full amount on it.
Oct 8, 2015
674 posts
373 upvotes
Are you saying that the Ivanhoe GC is a generic AMEX prepaid card which can be used at London Drugs elsewhere as there's no LD inside Metropolis at Metrotown?
SkillOverload wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 10:23 pm
Potential stores that would let you use the mall gift card to buy other gift cards are:
- Walmart
- Shoppers Drug Mart (YMMV, depends on the store)
- London Drugs (BC)

[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
61 posts
84 upvotes
naticom wrote:
Oct 15th, 2019 10:32 pm
Are you saying that the Ivanhoe GC is a generic AMEX prepaid card which can be used at London Drugs elsewhere as there's no LD inside Metropolis at Metrotown?
There's a London Drugs store in Guildford Mall (Surrey)
May 2, 2015
94 posts
99 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Walmart did not accept these gift cards last time I was there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)