[Ivanhoe Cambridge Malls] Metrotown Mall Fall Promo - $10 off $100 e-Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 5:04 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2691 posts
1565 upvotes
Langley
This works at Guildford mall? I thought it's only at metrotown?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2691 posts
1565 upvotes
Langley
SkillOverload wrote: There's a London Drugs store in Guildford Mall (Surrey)
London Drugs isn't on the store directory list.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
65 posts
90 upvotes
jellytime wrote: London Drugs isn't on the store directory list.
It should be on the list. I just checked the Guildford Mall website.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1322 posts
289 upvotes
GVRD
ShocWave wrote: Hot deal if true, but all the insurance places I've been do only let me do one card transaction to put the full amount on it.
ICBC does not accept gift cards. It’s possible that the broker/agent will accept if they aren't familiar with the payment rules. However, ICBCs POS cannot accept multiple payments of the same type, so if you managed to use one $100 gift card that would be the max, the balance would need to be paid using Cash, CQ, Debit or financing. Max savings would be $10 and simply not worth the effort imho.
Jan 9, 2014
189 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
chenwaa123 wrote: ICBC does not accept gift cards. It’s possible that the broker/agent will accept if they aren't familiar with the payment rules. However, ICBCs POS cannot accept multiple payments of the same type, so if you managed to use one $100 gift card that would be the max, the balance would need to be paid using Cash, CQ, Debit or financing. Max savings would be $10 and simply not worth the effort imho.
I have used 2 different MasterCards to pay icbc before for the same insurance at London drugs
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1425 posts
476 upvotes
For a year of insurance you're looking at somewhere between 10 and 20 cards. Gonna be some serious swiping there, if they'll do it.
Dec 8, 2013
263 posts
97 upvotes
British Columbia
wwhchung wrote: Walmart did not accept these gift cards last time I was there.
That's weird considering Walmart normally accepts amex
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1906 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Any chance you can transfer GC balances between cards on the website?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1927 posts
471 upvotes
Burnaby
SkillOverload wrote: According to the terms and conditions for the AMEX offer, online purchases are not eligible. You have to make an in store purchase with your amex CC to get the $15 credit.
Would also have to buy $150 or $100 + $25 in same transaction to get $25 off if it stacks.

Could this be used to overpay/pre-pay Fido, Rogers or Telus account?
Feb 5, 2017
322 posts
269 upvotes
Vancouver
wwhchung wrote: Walmart did not accept these gift cards last time I was there.
Bought Metropolis gift card, which are Amex Prepaid. It works at Walmart
[OP]
Nov 12, 2017
65 posts
90 upvotes
amplified wrote: Would also have to buy $150 or $100 + $25 in same transaction to get $25 off if it stacks.

Could this be used to overpay/pre-pay Fido, Rogers or Telus account?
I'm not sure but an AMEX offer on Ivanhoe Cambridge mall gift cards ($15 credit if you purchase a $100 gift card) was posted on RFD last month and there was some discussion in the thread about different ways to use the mall gift card as a payment method for various types of purchases.

american-express-ivanhoe-properties-15- ... t-2313428/

Someone from RFD mentioned on page 2 that he/she was able to use the mall GC at london drugs to pay for ICBC insurance. Maybe it could be used to make an in-store payment for your TELUS/ Fido / Rogers bill?

Edit: Someone from RFD posted a data point in another RFD thread after confirming that he/she was able to use a different type of mall GC (Oxford Properties GC) to make an in-store payment towards a Fido Bill.

See page 7 of this thread: amex-offers-oxford-properties-spend-100 ... #p31524431
Last edited by SkillOverload on Oct 16th, 2019 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 24, 2012
217 posts
62 upvotes
Coquitlam
booruce wrote: That's weird considering Walmart normally accepts amex
Walmart/ Superstore don't accept AMEX
Dec 8, 2013
263 posts
97 upvotes
British Columbia
doraemon3475 wrote: Walmart/ Superstore don't accept AMEX
Walmart (in BC) most definitely accepts amex. I was there 3 weeks ago and paid with amex.

I checked the Metrotown site and it lists Walmart as accepting the gift card.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1013 posts
572 upvotes
canada
So this e gift card is to be collected at guest services and you present 1 piece of ID