Expired Hot Deals

[Ivanhoe Cambridge Malls] Metrotown Mall Fall Promo - $10 off $100 e-Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 5:04 pm
Jun 15, 2016
82 posts
107 upvotes
thesick wrote: Is this online or in person?? Online isn’t worth it and is capped at 1-2x. Useless. They have many thru the year with higher caps. Hard pass
Useless is... aggressive Face With Tears Of Joy it's also a 2/person/day cap so if you live or work near the mall, can return each day for a few thousand bucks!
My life has become a cycle of figuring out what deals to return and what to keep.
AMEX Platinum, Bonvoy, Gold. Just Ask.
Aug 2, 2016
327 posts
294 upvotes
eyeball123 wrote: This might be it. I got one, my roommate got one, and when I try to get another I started getting the error. Maybe there's a limit of 2 per household.
dealpool wrote: I tried again today and getting this error everytime.
dealpool wrote: Yeah I'd like to find out why as well. Tried a few different things already.
infernox wrote: Getting this

An error occurred. Please double-check your billing and credit card information, and please try again.
gdsy101326 wrote: I was able to buy 2 gift cards each day yesterday and the day before... Today I can't even buy one. Getting this error every time:

"An error occurred. Please double-check your billing and credit card information, and please try again."

Friend of mine has not succeeded even once. We tried using different cards, browsers, ip addresses, devices, still no clue.

Customer service was completely useless. Gave the most generic response possible: "oh it might be a technical issue" "maybe just wait for a bit and try again"

Oh well.
This happened to some users in the previous promotions.
I think the reason was because of fraud prevention activated by your credit card company.

It might not process if you're using a prepaid Visa card (eg. Vanilla).
OR, if it's your regular bank-issued credit card, you can try (1) Calling the number at the back of the credit card and explaining what you're trying to buy. The credit card company helped last time by removing the barrier; (2) Try using a different credit card.
Mar 4, 2019
19 posts
59 upvotes
jtsc88 wrote: This happened to some users in the previous promotions.
I think the reason was because of fraud prevention activated by your credit card company.

OR, if it's your regular bank-issued credit card, you can try (1) Calling the number at the back of the credit card and explaining what you're trying to buy. The credit card company helped last time by removing the barrier; (2) Try using a different credit card.
Thanks. looks like thats the case. I got a call the next day from visa regarding the purchase attempt
Oct 3, 2017
41 posts
29 upvotes
jtsc88 wrote: This happened to some users in the previous promotions.

I actually just called my bank regarding the regular credit card that I successfully used to buy 2 e-gift cards (but not a third one) and the bank claimed there's no blocking whatsoever on their end...
Feb 18, 2017
97 posts
94 upvotes
I had already made mention of this in another thread but I guess I’ll go ahead post it here as well.

Recently purchased $300 worth of gift cards to be used at Vaughan Mills during the Amex $15 credit for every $100 card promo. I then called around only to discover that Rogers and Virgin (Vaughan Mills) do not allow for mall gift cards to be used towards monthly bills, even though both are listed as merchants that accept the gift cards.

The Rogers rep stated that the cards could be used on accessories and so on but not bills.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1045 posts
600 upvotes
canada
Gerbilz wrote: Useless is... aggressive Face With Tears Of Joy it's also a 2/person/day cap so if you live or work near the mall, can return each day for a few thousand bucks!
Did u do 2 a day yet? Cause results in post above urs say other wise
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5224 posts
975 upvotes
Toronto
Was the discount more last year?
No need for time machine, probably will still get this deal but curious if it was more last year
Sep 9, 2019
333 posts
190 upvotes
glover78 wrote: Was the discount more last year?
No need for time machine, probably will still get this deal but curious if it was more last year
I recall deals like $200 get $15 off or something. 10% is quite good for mall gift cards. Downside is it's Amex so lower merchant acceptance.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5924 posts
1644 upvotes
Calgary
thesick wrote: Is this online or in person?? Online isn’t worth it and is capped at 1-2x. Useless. They have many thru the year with higher caps. Hard pass
read the page, 2 per person per day for 2 weeks, 30 enough? i bet if you had more than 1 cc it'd be 2 per payment method.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1089 posts
194 upvotes
Looking to buy esso gift cards with these mall gift cards. Anyone confirm it works at Shoppers Drug Mart (or other stores) in Vaughan Mills?
Jul 31, 2015
457 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Do you guys think the discount will go lower to 20% like last year as we approach Black Friday? Debating whether I should wait...
Sep 24, 2010
19 posts
8 upvotes
GVR
20191022_215954.jpg
Here's a list of stores for Metrotown that do NOT take the gift cards. If it's not on this list then they will take it.
Oct 13, 2006
238 posts
14 upvotes
So you could buy a few to sit on til BF/CM and buy stuff then?

Wondering if the Apple store will have a sale, trying to snag an iPad Pro and/or Airpods 3 in-ear if that rumour is true for this year.