• Jan 11th, 2022 3:05 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON

mi4canada Has anyone dealt with them?

They pretty much carry all overseas cellphones, and the Google lineup.

Regards, Paul.
Wellington, ON
++++++++++++++
It's a thin line that separates a gourmet from a glutton.
28 replies
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
Go ahead supremePug and let me (us) know how it worked out. Winking Face
++++++++++++++
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
That looks like a nice phone. What features have make you decide on the Xioami mi 10 ultra 5G 8GB/128GB CN with google Transparent Edition?

Does "CN" mean from China, or something else?

What is "google Transparent Edition?
++++++++++++++
Nov 3, 2018
391 posts
777 upvotes
inhaliburton wrote: That looks like a nice phone. What features have make you decide on the Xioami mi 10 ultra 5G 8GB/128GB CN with google Transparent Edition?

Does "CN" mean from China, or something else?

What is "google Transparent Edition?
Yeah, it means its the chinese ROM, but its easy to install the english version on it along with google play store.

The back of the phone is "transparent" and you can see the components inside.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
5735 posts
4206 upvotes
LaLaLand
I personally would pass. There are several inconsistencies and many spelling and grammatical errors on the website. It also looks like it was created by a non-Canadian. If you order and get it and all is good it is probably okay. But if not...

It looks like their office is in NW Edmonton AB 6T6 1N5 and the contact is Mr. Mac with numbers in London and Ottawa ON. But if not, you might have to contact their Head Quater at [email protected].

The Team and Condition and Privacy Policy are good reading also.

But maybe if you buy and it doesn't work out, maybe your credit card will cover you. Might be okay, might not be. Could this be a Fonus scam?
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.17.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.06.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.19.44 PM.png
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
Don't like the fact that it comes with a CN ROM here in Canada and the purchasers must do the ROM changes.

Bush league.

The company should be doing the change and provide guarantee. They are experienced with their products and should do any mods.

I definitely want Google Play Store.

I purchased a tablet from China that was both Windows and Android OSs. I eventually stopped using it cuz it became a PITA to use.
++++++++++++++
Nov 3, 2018
391 posts
777 upvotes
inhaliburton wrote: "Xioami mi 10 ultra 5G 8GB/128GB CN with google Transparent Edition"

Can you translate supremerPug?

Is it English or Chinese?
English.

Also, i emailed them, they said all google services work and is preinstalled. I havent ordered it yet, still on the fence as it's 1k plus purchase.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
Ya, I feel your pain supremePug about price. Have been looking at "for sale" items but most have a feature I don't like, or a feature I want. I'm primarily interested in the phone's camera.

Glad to hear they come in English OS and Google services.

Have you tried looking around on https://pdaplaza.ca/ site?

Regards from Wellington, ON
++++++++++++++
Nov 3, 2018
391 posts
777 upvotes
Pdaplaza has really bad reviews. But i guess most people who leave reviews are unhappy with something.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
My current thinking is staying away from Chinese OS phones.

On my list of preferred phones (primarily interested in cameras) is Sony Xperia 1 ii, and the upcoming Sony 5 ii.

Also the Google Pixel 5 and the 4a with 5g.
++++++++++++++
Jul 21, 2009
407 posts
166 upvotes
London
Remember Mi4 Canada includes a one year warranty and pdaplaza 30 days.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
Good point, reflame. Thanks.
++++++++++++++
Dec 15, 2017
834 posts
938 upvotes
batcave wrote: I personally would pass. There are several inconsistencies and many spelling and grammatical errors on the website. It also looks like it was created by a non-Canadian. If you order and get it and all is good it is probably okay. But if not...

It looks like their office is in NW Edmonton AB 6T6 1N5 and the contact is Mr. Mac with numbers in London and Ottawa ON. But if not, you might have to contact their Head Quater at [email protected].

The Team and Condition and Privacy Policy are good reading also.

But maybe if you buy and it doesn't work out, maybe your credit card will cover you. Might be okay, might not be. Could this be a Fonus scam?

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.17.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.06.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 5.19.44 PM.png
not even a real address or post code and definitely not a local area code.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2009
807 posts
138 upvotes
Wellington, ON
Thanks for pointing out those items.

I've pretty much make up my mind to go for a Sony or Google phone.

Waiting for reviews on the Sony 5 ii, and the Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a with 5G.
++++++++++++++
Feb 21, 2013
27 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Paul,
You probably read my posts on buying my Xperia 1ii from Mi4. Rolled the dice and it turned out fine.
It was shipped out of Hong Kong. I don't know about the China ROM thing... I figure HK is a free port with uncensored products.

Noticed the Xperia 5 ii listed on their site for about the same price as the 1 ii.
Cheers!
Jan 17, 2013
772 posts
368 upvotes
If mi4canada is a Canadian company with physical presence in Canada and they shipped out of Hong Kong or any other country, it should be fine since they can't be expected to stock every non-Canadian models or even every Canadian models in Canada. They are likely a small business and they need to order their phones from their overseas suppliers and thus shipped from overseas (Hong Kong, etc).

As for PDA Plaza, they have bad reviews because:
- it takes forever to ship, months is not uncommon, their website may say 3 days shipping but it can actually be 3 months
- they don't process refunds promptly
- they don't answer emails promptly
Jan 17, 2013
772 posts
368 upvotes
Their FAQ seems to indicate they have a Canadian office and repair center with fulfillment centers in Toronto, Vancouver.

https://www.mi4canada.com/faq/

- Mi4 Canada is a Canadian based company with an office and repair center in Canada.
- Orders are shipped from our Distribution Center in Canada or our third party logistics partner based in Toronto, Vancouver. Occasionally we ship from our partner Distributor from Hong Kong, Manufacturer’s Authorized Distributor depending on available stock.

Looks like a possible source of Chinese phones in Canada. Only question is are they better or worse than PDA Plaza.
Dec 15, 2017
834 posts
938 upvotes
if you can get a physical edmonton address from them, I can do a drive by.