Singer 4452 heavy duty sewing machine $249.99 - 10% Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 4:14 pm
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
55 posts
195 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Michaels] [Black Friday] Singer 4452 heavy duty sewing machine $249.99 - 10% Rakuten

After a month of hunting I finally pulled a trigger on a sewing machine. This is Singer's top of the line mechanical (non-computerized) heavy duty machine that's meant to last. Main competitors are Janome HD1000 and Brother ST371HD. What sold me on this one is automatic threading, 1-step buttonholes, and its speed and reliability, as per online reviews and videos.

It's also on sale on Amazon for 250.17, and on the official Singer website for 279.99, so Michaels comes with the best price with Rakuten at 10%, and it's in stock at two locations near me. After tax minus Rakuten it comes to 254.49.

Other models to consider if are 4432, which is the same as this one in a different colour just without the "walking foot" accessory which retails for $80 and fewer stitches (32 vs 110), and 4423, which has fewer stitches (23 vs 110) and significantly fewer accessories. Canadian Tire also has 4411 on sale, which lets you choose between 11 stitches, requires 4 steps for buttonholes, and has no automatic needle threading, but it's also $50-60 bucks cheaper, if you want heavy duty with no bells and whistles.
10649205_1[1].JPG

Another interesting find to go along here is Singer's 224pc Starter kit ("Sew-It-Goes") at RCSS, currently available for 34.98+tax, while everywhere else, including Michaels, it retails for ca. $65. However, if you do decide to get it from Michaels, then punch in code 30012921 for 30% off.
21355864_front_a06_@2[1].png
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1556 posts
413 upvotes
A sewing machine! Old RFDers will undrestand
Jul 15, 2011
54 posts
136 upvotes
Absolute not familiar with sewing machines, but does the "walking foot" accessory important? will I still have nice straight lines without it for a guy never did sewing before :) ?
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
55 posts
195 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
eliteqing wrote: Absolute not familiar with sewing machines, but does the "walking foot" accessory important? will I still have nice straight lines without it for a guy never did sewing before :) ?
Hahahaha totally fair question. In that case 4411 will do a fantastic job!
Oct 12, 2006
10 posts
1 upvote
Thanks, OP I snagged one. dont know too much about these things but I bought a singer 5500 machine at walmart for $219 for my mom and this seems like a much better model.
miamacchina wrote: After a month of hunting I finally pulled a trigger on a sewing machine. This is Singer's top of the line mechanical (non-computerized) heavy duty machine that's meant to last. Main competitors are Janome HD1000 and Brother ST371HD. What sold me on this one is automatic threading, 1-step buttonholes, and its speed and reliability, as per online reviews and videos.

It's also on sale on Amazon for 250.17, and on the official Singer website for 279.99, so Michaels comes with the best price with Rakuten at 10%, and it's in stock at two locations near me. After tax minus Rakuten it comes to 254.49.

Other models to consider if are 4432, which is the same as this one in a different colour just without the "walking foot" accessory which retails for $80 and fewer stitches (32 vs 110), and 4423, which has fewer stitches (23 vs 110) and significantly fewer accessories. Canadian Tire also has 4411 on sale, which lets you choose between 11 stitches, requires 4 steps for buttonholes, and has no automatic needle threading, but it's also $50-60 bucks cheaper, if you want heavy duty with no bells and whistles.

10649205_1[1].JPG

Another interesting find to go along here is Singer's 224pc Starter kit ("Sew-It-Goes") at RCSS, currently available for 34.98+tax, while everywhere else, including Michaels, it retails for ca. $65. However, if you do decide to get it from Michaels, then punch in code 30012921 for 30% off.

[email protected][1].png
Nov 24, 2006
709 posts
128 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
eliteqing wrote: Absolute not familiar with sewing machines, but does the "walking foot" accessory important? will I still have nice straight lines without it for a guy never did sewing before :) ?
If you're not making quilts or sewing bulky fabrics or things like vinyl, the walking foot isn't really needed.
Oct 13, 2008
69 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the headsup. I got your post from a general Google search.

I dont see how the 4452 can get 110 different stitches though - information is misleading. Checking between Singers website and Amazon, it appears Amazons is more accurate. Unless Singer are being generous with themselves saying that a stitch with different spacing makes it an entirely unique stitch.

So, I understand it has 32 stitches just like the 4432. The sole difference is the additional accessories that come with the 4452, and that walking foot is what its all about.

Appreciate your link and used it to do my shopping and subsequent purchase. I didnt get the 10% however. As a new user to Rakuten, they offered 3% at Michaels (I ordered it Sunday Nov 28) and $5 for being a new user and buying over $25 for my first purchase.

How did you get the 10%?

Cheers, LG
Oct 13, 2008
69 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Oh for the love of one day. Rakuten is at 15% for Michaels today Cyber Monday and I got 3% for buying yesterday. The machine is still on sale at Michaels.
Jul 27, 2009
159 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
thanks Op. My ma was looking for a new machine so I jumped on this one. 6% Rakuten but still a fairly good deal. cheers
Oct 9, 2014
69 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
Sewing machines are kinda hard to find last year, like OOS immediately.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2713 posts
1547 upvotes
Toronto
Is this truly heavy duty, or just a step up from those computerized models?
My mum use to work as a seamstress and had a industrial level machine by Juki.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2690 posts
1082 upvotes
Gta
lotfi.bm wrote: A sewing machine! Old RFDers will undrestand
Been waiting for a sewing machine thread ( pun intended ) for over 10 years now. Finally my time has come.
Koodo member
[OP]
Feb 17, 2015
55 posts
195 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
blindemboss wrote: Is this truly heavy duty, or just a step up from those computerized models?
My mum use to work as a seamstress and had a industrial level machine by Juki.
Ha! I bought it for my mom as well. She's been using industrial level machines since the late 50s and never caught up with the computerized trend. This one put a twinkle in her eye when we set it up and she took an a few projects.

It's an all-metal mechanical workhorse, not just dressed up in a metal body. If you want to hear from someone who's in the business, there's a an extensive YT playlist here with in-depth reviews:
...as well as a *tilts head* real world (?) test of how "heavy duty" these heavy duty machines are:

As to Rakuten - it varies daily with really no way of knowing when the % will go up again.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7884 posts
4007 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Singer site: https://www.singer.com/en-ca/heavy-duty ... ng-machine

Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine
4.4 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.4 of 5. Read 779 Reviews Same page link.

(779)
Write a review
CAD $259.99 CAD $399.99 $140.00 Off
A heavy duty metal frame and powerful motor make this machine a true workhorse. Free Owner's Class videos and lessons via Singer App.

Plus 10% email coupon
2022: BOC raised 2 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)