• Jul 10th, 2020 3:22 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7367 posts
255 upvotes
BC

[Michaels] Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet $47.97

Wacom Intuos Creative Pen Tablet (https://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pe ... com-intuos)

https://canada.michaels.com/en/intuos-d ... 97575.html

Clearance price $47.97 from $119.99

I did some quick google and elsewhere this is selling for around $100 so this is basically half price. Not sure how many stock Michaels have.

Disclaimer: I did not buy this or use this before; just come across this price drop that might be of interest to some people.
insert witty comment
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8297 posts
3751 upvotes
Markham
Can you use it independently or have to connect with laptop?
Oct 5, 2011
7 posts
3 upvotes
Good deal, I've owned a number of Wacom tablets over the past 25 years. Great value at full price if you do digital art or photography. This is entry level with basic features and pressure sensitivity levels, which is still more than enough for most. FYI, windows 10 can be finicky with touch/gesture devices that conflict with its "Ink", which requires some workarounds.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7367 posts
255 upvotes
BC
smartie wrote: Can you use it independently or have to connect with laptop?
I think you have to use it with a PC or Mac. It is wired as far as I can tell.
Sorry. I am not an expert in this area.
insert witty comment
Oct 5, 2011
7 posts
3 upvotes
It's essentially a fancy mouse, it requires a PC to work, graphic tablets that you can draw on are ~$600 and upwards into thousands.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5903 posts
5119 upvotes
smartie wrote: Can you use it independently or have to connect with laptop?
This needs to be connected to a computer to work, it doesn't have a built-in screen or OS.
Nov 29, 2011
835 posts
891 upvotes
Violaetor wrote: It's essentially a fancy mouse, it requires a PC to work, graphic tablets that you can draw on are ~$600 and upwards into thousands.
not just a fancy mouse. it forces you to use different muscles than a traditional mouse. and if you use photoshop or illustrate, it's MUCH more efficient.

literally saved me from carpal tunnel when i was in school.

source: me. who has been using a Wacom since 2003 and has never gone back.
Dec 29, 2009
550 posts
135 upvotes
Anyone know what size this is? I expect it's the small version, but it looks different from the Intuous on the Wacom website
Dec 15, 2006
857 posts
467 upvotes
Ottawa
I think this is an older model. I bought one from amazon with the buttons in a row at the top and it was not accurate enough for handwriting.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1294 posts
612 upvotes
gotglint wrote: not just a fancy mouse. it forces you to use different muscles than a traditional mouse. and if you use photoshop or illustrate, it's MUCH more efficient.

literally saved me from carpal tunnel when i was in school.

source: me. who has been using a Wacom since 2003 and has never gone back.
Yea? It sucks at word editing!
In all seriousness, I use Wacom for over a decade now and my super old one that is like 12-13 years old working still fine. I'm using it at work for photo editing and stuff, but when it's with text, the pen is more sensitive than a mouse, so it gets annoying when you do simple stuff like double click to copy a sentenced will be registered as triple click that highlight the whole paragraph.

TL;DR - makes you twice the better artist with photos and illustration, makes your life worst when selecting text and stuff.
May 7, 2019
51 posts
56 upvotes
Gin Martini wrote: Yea? It sucks at word editing!
In all seriousness, I use Wacom for over a decade now and my super old one that is like 12-13 years old working still fine. I'm using it at work for photo editing and stuff, but when it's with text, the pen is more sensitive than a mouse, so it gets annoying when you do simple stuff like double click to copy a sentenced will be registered as triple click that highlight the whole paragraph.

TL;DR - makes you twice the better artist with photos and illustration, makes your life worst when selecting text and stuff.
Do you know if this particular one is any good at for note taking purposes? Wouldn't mind getting this just to do some rough diagrams with notes and mark up pdf's, etc.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13029 posts
6848 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Number of viewers it’s not an iPad type tablet, it’s a tool for fine control like this Wacom, learned tips from him years ago: