• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2020 12:14 pm
[OP]
Sep 15, 2012
740 posts
164 upvotes
bv

Michelin Defender vs. Energy Saver Self Seal

Need a set of new tires for the summer for the X3. Stumbled on a couple of ADs on kijiji and curious thoughts on these and opinion what’s a better deal.

Michelin Energy Self Seal, tires only $500. Guys says basically new. Still gotta go see myself tread life. What’s the deal with these are they a nightmare if I get a puncture to repair?

Michelin Defender used couple of months last summer also come with RTX rims which are meant for a Cadillac soon use to me. Guy wants $450. Again I have to see these for actual condition.

If the treads were the same, I know bang for buck the ones with rims are better as I can offset more of the cost. But what about the tire themselves?

These will be on alloy rims used April for Oct/Nov. I have a dedicated set of winter rims and tires, so winter traction is not a concern.
2 replies
[OP]
Sep 15, 2012
740 posts
164 upvotes
bv
Cancel the bumps.

Went and looked at tires, turns out they were just Energy Saver A/S. Production 13/19, basically brand spanking new tires. Measured tread and still basically they measure 8/32s, new lists them at 8.5. Picked them up for $430, these are sized 235/55/17