Students

Michener Institute - 2020 Applications

Apr 18, 2020
35 posts
56 upvotes
I havent heard anything yet today either. It seems like they always send out offers later in the afternoon but we can always email and ask if they have sent out offers for today. They may answer before 5pm so we can know.
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Anybody hear anything for ultrasound or RT?
Apr 28, 2020
27 posts
12 upvotes
I think the 4th round offers go out tomorrow because the second round was May 21st and the third round was June 5th, that means there's 1 day between the deadline for accepting the offer and the next round offers... so the 4th round should be tomorrow I'm guessing...
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: I think the 4th round offers go out tomorrow because the second round was May 21st and the third round was June 5th, that means there's 1 day between the deadline for accepting the offer and the next round offers... so the 4th round should be tomorrow I'm guessing...
You’re probably right. I sent an email to the reg office on Friday afternoon (around 4) but haven’t heard anything back. I expect they will get back to me tomorrow and I will let y’all know.
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Jennnn15 wrote: any response from the reg office yet?
The Reg Office got back to me and I don’t think they really read my email because their reply was as follows:

“At this time, the program has not filled and we continue to offer admission into the program. Should the program become full, all remaining applicants will receive an email notifying them of the status of the their application.”

I should also mention that I didn’t ask about any program in particular. I emailed back reiterating that I wanted clarification on if more offers went out on Friday or if they would come out today. Will update if they get back to me.
Last edited by Dallas28 on Jun 22nd, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 18, 2020
35 posts
56 upvotes
Try emailing the head registrar. Her email address should come up on their website. She usually responds very quickly!
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Jennnn15 wrote: Try emailing the head registrar. Her email address should come up on their website. She usually responds very quickly!
I’ve looked on the website but can’t seem to find an email address for the head registrar - just the general office one. Not sure if it’s because I’m looking on the mobile website format though. It would be great if you could shoot her an email to ask though!
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Bad news folks, Cathy got back to me and this is what she said:

“ Dear Dallas,

The fourth round of offers was sent on Friday with very few seats offered as programs are nearly full. At the point programs are full and applicants are waitlisted, applicants will be advised. When Applicants withdraw, we do move to the Waitlist.

Regards,

Cathy”
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I checked the online platform and saw that I have officially been waitlisted for Genetics. No official email that the program is full yet, but I assume it is coming.
May 20, 2020
6 posts
8 upvotes
Dallas28 wrote: I checked the online platform and saw that I have officially been waitlisted for Genetics. No official email that the program is full yet, but I assume it is coming.
Does it say waitlist under the status section in the Self-Service portal? I haven't heard about anything for Ultrasound and mine still says "Admission Req Met".
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
danwin wrote: Does it say waitlist under the status section in the Self-Service portal? I haven't heard about anything for Ultrasound and mine still says "Admission Req Met".
Status remains unchanged, the decision section now lists waitlisted for Genetics but is still blank for MLS.
Images
  • 8CB75FDE-F9FA-4AA1-B9DF-F53D2C5BF5A0.jpeg
May 20, 2020
6 posts
8 upvotes
interesting. I presume that both MLS and ultrasound offers are still being given then?
Apr 13, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone heard anything recently for Respiratory Therapy?
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Apple011 wrote: Has anyone heard anything recently for Respiratory Therapy?
Noo :/ This is dragging so much, the wait is so hard
Feb 22, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: Anyone got an offer today?
Nope, my portal for Ultrasound is still blank. I've currently accepted an Ultrasound offer for St. Clair College in Windsor, and may need to give up on getting into Michener and start organizing my move to Windsor. This wait is absolutely ridiculous.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)