Students

Michener Institute - 2020 Applications

Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Does anyone know which program it is that Michener is saying is full?

Also, I got an offer for MLS on Friday, and I've been notified that the deadline for the deposit is on the 18th. The thing is I'm more interested in ultrasound or RT, but I haven't received any updates for those programs in the third round of offers. Has anyone received any kind of update on those two programs?
Apr 28, 2020
26 posts
12 upvotes
redfrd wrote: Does anyone know which program it is that Michener is saying is full?

Also, I got an offer for MLS on Friday, and I've been notified that the deadline for the deposit is on the 18th. The thing is I'm more interested in ultrasound or RT, but I haven't received any updates for those programs in the third round of offers. Has anyone received any kind of update on those two programs?
I'm waiting for ultrasound and I haven't heard anything from them. When is the deadline to accept your offer?
May 13, 2020
3 posts
3 upvotes
I got an email from the registrar that Nuclear Medicine is currently full
[OP]
Mar 6, 2015
689 posts
50 upvotes
JadenB54802 wrote: I got an email from the registrar that Nuclear Medicine is currently full
Tips for next year applicants. Nuclear medicine is most likely full by the start of June.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Apr 18, 2020
35 posts
56 upvotes
redfrd wrote: Does anyone know which program it is that Michener is saying is full?

Im waiting for ultrasound and RT too (if you’re talking about respiratory therapy not radiation therapy). The thing is we don’t know how many spots are left or where we’re at on the list. All we can do is keep waiting. If the deadline is the 18th for this round then that means more offers won’t come out until Friday the 19th
Apr 7, 2020
11 posts
JadenB54802 wrote: I got an email from the registrar that Nuclear Medicine is currently full
Did you email them asking? Or did they sent it to you?
Apr 16, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: I'm waiting for ultrasound and I haven't heard anything from them. When is the deadline to accept your offer?
I got accepted to respiratory therapy but I am waiting to Ultrasound because I prefer that over RT. And i think people will usually get 10 days to accept their offers (after first round which gave about a month)
Apr 18, 2020
35 posts
56 upvotes
sumaiya27 wrote: I got accepted to respiratory therapy but I am waiting to Ultrasound because I prefer that over RT. And i think people will usually get 10 days to accept their offers (after first round which gave about a month)
Do you mind sharing your highschool average for the courses required for respiratory therapy?
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Jennnn15 wrote: Im waiting for ultrasound and RT too (if you’re talking about respiratory therapy not radiation therapy). The thing is we don’t know how many spots are left or where we’re at on the list. All we can do is keep waiting. If the deadline is the 18th for this round then that means more offers won’t come out until Friday the 19th
Yeah that's the difficult part, because if I reject MLS now I don't know if I'll be receiving anything for ultrasound or respiratory therapy..

& yeah I believe you're right, more offers will likely be sent out on the 19th.
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: I'm waiting for ultrasound and I haven't heard anything from them. When is the deadline to accept your offer?
Deadline to accept my MLS offer is June 18 (which is exactly 10 business days from June 5th which is the date I received it).
Jun 9, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys,

I graduated from Mcmasters molecular biology and genetics program this year I am interested in applying for the michener GENETICS TECH program but not until 2021 or 2022. My high school average was about 90 and my cgpa is a 3.3 I have worked at a cardiovascular research lab but it was mostly clinical work with little wet lab tasks. I have taken a lot of lab courses and I did my undergrad thesis at a molecular plant lab. I was wondering if you guys would be able to let me know my chances of getting into the gen tech program i know that MMI matters alot but just wanted to know if my pre-reqs were good or if I should look into getting more experience or strengthening my gpa. Also I graduated from high school in 2015 I'm not sure if the later I apply the lower my chances are of getting in? I'd appreciate any help thanks!
Last edited by KajeethaS79330 on Jun 10th, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 7, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
Has anybody else's profile been updated to: Wait List 6/12/2020?
Apr 18, 2020
35 posts
56 upvotes
Yes for CVP mine says the same and I got an email from them saying the program is full right now. Which program did you get it for?
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Has anyone received any offers today? I believe they should be sending some out today