Students

Michener Institute - 2020 Applications

Newbie
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Bad news folks, Cathy got back to me and this is what she said:

“ Dear Dallas,

The fourth round of offers was sent on Friday with very few seats offered as programs are nearly full. At the point programs are full and applicants are waitlisted, applicants will be advised. When Applicants withdraw, we do move to the Waitlist.

Regards,

Cathy”
Newbie
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
I checked the online platform and saw that I have officially been waitlisted for Genetics. No official email that the program is full yet, but I assume it is coming.
Newbie
May 20, 2020
5 posts
8 upvotes
Dallas28 wrote: I checked the online platform and saw that I have officially been waitlisted for Genetics. No official email that the program is full yet, but I assume it is coming.
Does it say waitlist under the status section in the Self-Service portal? I haven't heard about anything for Ultrasound and mine still says "Admission Req Met".
Newbie
Apr 13, 2020
15 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
danwin wrote: Does it say waitlist under the status section in the Self-Service portal? I haven't heard about anything for Ultrasound and mine still says "Admission Req Met".
Status remains unchanged, the decision section now lists waitlisted for Genetics but is still blank for MLS.
Images
  • 8CB75FDE-F9FA-4AA1-B9DF-F53D2C5BF5A0.jpeg
Newbie
May 20, 2020
5 posts
8 upvotes
interesting. I presume that both MLS and ultrasound offers are still being given then?
Newbie
Apr 13, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone heard anything recently for Respiratory Therapy?
Newbie
Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Apple011 wrote: Has anyone heard anything recently for Respiratory Therapy?
Noo :/ This is dragging so much, the wait is so hard
Newbie
Feb 22, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: Anyone got an offer today?
Nope, my portal for Ultrasound is still blank. I've currently accepted an Ultrasound offer for St. Clair College in Windsor, and may need to give up on getting into Michener and start organizing my move to Windsor. This wait is absolutely ridiculous.
Newbie
Apr 28, 2020
26 posts
12 upvotes
I regret not applying to any other place but Michener. Dumb mistake. What was the requirement for St. Clair? Their website isn't that clear.
Newbie
Feb 22, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: I regret not applying to any other place but Michener. Dumb mistake. What was the requirement for St. Clair? Their website isn't that clear.
Check out https://www.stclaircollege.ca/programs/ ... sonography , and click on the "Diagnostic Medical Sonography Admission Guidelines document". Essentially, there are a few ways to qualify, but the most important thing is to write the HOAE admissions test.
Newbie
Jul 18, 2020
1 posts
4 upvotes
Apple011 wrote: ↑
Has anyone heard anything recently for Respiratory Therapy?
Redfrd wrote:
Noo :/ This is dragging so much, the wait is so hard
Just wanted to let you know that people can get into the program as late as the day of orientation day. You need to consider people who've applied to other programs and end up accepting the RT offer only to withdraw once they get into their first choice. The year I got in, we had 4 people get in to the RT program within a week after classes started. Thought sharing this with you might make you feel a little less anxious! Good luck to you all!
Newbie
Apr 28, 2020
26 posts
12 upvotes
This is very nice of you. Thank you for sharing!
RT00001239 wrote: Just wanted to let you know that people can get into the program as late as the day of orientation day. You need to consider people who've applied to other programs and end up accepting the RT offer only to withdraw once they get into their first choice. The year I got in, we had 4 people get in to the RT program within a week after classes started. Thought sharing this with you might make you feel a little less anxious! Good luck to you all!

Top