Students

Michener Institute - 2020 Applications

Apr 15, 2020
9 posts
11 upvotes
Just got my offer for ultrasound!! Best of luck to those waiting!
May 18, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hi! Congrats! I have applied for ultrasound too. May I know your GPA and other credentials if u dont mind please. Thank you!
Jul 30, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking how competitive was getting into nuclear medicine. I am planning on applying in fall 2020 and will hopefully have a cgpa of 3.03 by then. Also, has COVID 19 effected the competitiveness? Thanks!
Jul 25, 2020
0 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys my portal status for MLS and diagnostic cytology is blank. Is that the same case for everyone? This wait is too long and frustrating now and I’m assuming I won’t be getting in this year :((
Aug 2, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
boop274 wrote: Nope, my portal for Ultrasound is still blank. I've currently accepted an Ultrasound offer for St. Clair College in Windsor, and may need to give up on getting into Michener and start organizing my move to Windsor. This wait is absolutely ridiculous.
In the same situation! I've been looking for places in Windsor but still waiting a little longer to hear from Michener.
May 18, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hello! Anybody has any info regarding the next round ? I was told by registrar office that waitlist is still active. So I assume leftover offers will be sent out on Aug 20th if I am not wrong?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2974 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
AsMaQ69867 wrote: Hello! Anybody has any info regarding the next round ? I was told by registrar office that waitlist is still active. So I assume leftover offers will be sent out on Aug 20th if I am not wrong?
At this point, the spots will open up if those that already accepted their offers decide to quit due med school/family/health etc. But pretty much every year there are those that get accepted to Michener 1-2 weeks into start of classes.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Apr 28, 2020
26 posts
12 upvotes
AsMaQ69867 wrote: No discussion on the thread? Everybody is quiet!!!
Hahaha. Ultrasound is still blank in the portal. Does that mean the program is not full yet? There's like literally only one more round left and the program isn't even full.
May 20, 2020
5 posts
8 upvotes
WalnutsANDalmonds wrote: Hahaha. Ultrasound is still blank in the portal. Does that mean the program is not full yet? There's like literally only one more round left and the program isn't even full.
I sent an email to the registrar's office a few days ago and they said that the program wasn't full yet. They also said they'll keep the waitlist active until the second week of September (when classes start).
May 18, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Just talked to registrar's office, they said they are gonna send the additional offers tomorrow. Good luck to all!