• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2014 3:34 pm
[OP]
Jul 28, 2005
633 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga

Michener Programs: Accepted, Wait Listed or Rejected

This is a dedicated Michener thread for all programs so as not to fill up the MLT thread with this off topic stuff.

I'll begin:

Applied for Respiratory Therapy - MMI on Fri April 29 @ 10:45am
Status - waiting in limbo.

Post away!
[removed]
332 replies
May 3, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON
Chiropody - Heard nothing.... and just very anxious as I've probably checked every 10min during the day
May 3, 2011
3 posts
WATERLOO
Applied For: Chiropody

I know there are other posts saying they havent heard anything, but just thought I would let others know I havent heard anything to help those that are anxious!
May 3, 2011
3 posts
SCARBOROUGH
I applied for Chiropody and still haven't heard anything! My life is consumed with checking my emails!!
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
Applied: Radiation Therapy

I haven't heard anything yet. I don't know what website to check, but I've been constantly logging into my UofT account to see if I got accepted yet... But nothing yet!
May 3, 2011
3 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Does anyone know how many people got invited to the MMI? I know they said they received a record ~2899 applications this year, but I'm assuming that could mean one person applying to more than one program.
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
I thought there was approximately 600 people in the interviews (assuming everyone applied to 1 program).

I calculated approximately 8 people per colour, multiplied by 3 (for each day), multiplied by 6 days.

I think that's right... lol
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
I received offers of acceptance from the Medical Lab Sciences program and the Diagnostic Cytology program. Have to decide which one now!
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
What does an acceptance and waitlist email look like??? :cheesygri
[OP]
Jul 28, 2005
633 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
la_mayo wrote: I thought there was approximately 600 people in the interviews (assuming everyone applied to 1 program).

I calculated approximately 8 people per colour, multiplied by 3 (for each day), multiplied by 6 days.

I calculated 8 or 9 per colour (4) multiplied 3 (from you) multiplied 6 days = 768 or 864 (wow that's a lot!)

I wonder if other schools have this level of competitiveness for their programs?
[removed]
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
molexir wrote: I calculated 8 or 9 per colour (4) multiplied 3 (from you) multiplied 6 days = 768 or 864 (wow that's a lot!)

I wonder if other schools have this level of competitiveness for their programs?

This is making me even more nervous. ughhh! haha
Aug 16, 2008
255 posts
7 upvotes
for those of you who are waitlisted, how much did you guys talk during the interview? had you guys been given a lot of cues or just talked straight through?
Apr 25, 2011
61 posts
2 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Hey guys. Just analyze the situation a little bit:
in 2010. 64 accepted by MLS out of 650 for all the programs in Michener.
About 1000-1200 went to MMI. I guess they would put ~65 people in wait list
which means just incase all accepted ones dropped. Therefore they would put
about 650 people into wait list which means half of people went to MMI are on
wait list. Just assume someones applied multiple programs and reject the offer
I guess would be most 10 people on the wait list for MLS would get accepted.
Let wait another 2 weeks.

Give people who are still in the school some positive message. I graduate from
chemistry 5 yrs ago. After that I did 2 jobs. The latest one I can make ~60000
a year depends on your overtime and bla bla. I just really like working in the
hospital because most of my families do. My cousin's wife is Ultrasound T, and she
has to work a lot of overtime and of course makes decent money. She said recently
Ultrasound T is very easy to find a job, there r lots of opeaning in her hospital.
I did not applied because I don't have pre-require.
If anyone still study science and do not
get accepted by Michener, don't worry about your future, you will have a good
career and Michener is not the only way. Otherwise, you really really really want
to be MLT.........
Mar 24, 2011
2 posts
toronto
I got into MLS but am going to reject the offer. Got into a Msc program that Im looking forward too. So the waitlist will be moving on up at least ? :)
[OP]
Jul 28, 2005
633 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
la_mayo wrote: I thought there was approximately 600 people in the interviews (assuming everyone applied to 1 program).

molexir wrote: I calculated 8 or 9 per colour (4) multiplied 3 (from you) multiplied 6 days = 768 or 864 (wow that's a lot!)

la_mayo wrote: This is making me even more nervous. ughhh! haha
lol - sorry definitely not my intention, just want accurate numbers.
[removed]
[OP]
Jul 28, 2005
633 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
la_mayo wrote: What does an acceptance and waitlist email look like??? :cheesygri
Hopefully RFD'ers that applied to Michener won't have to worry about the later (waitlist email) ;)
RFD'ers who have received waitlist email, hopefully that changes to accepted quickly!
[removed]