Students

Michener's Multiple Mini Interviews

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2015 6:05 pm
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
dragon_drift wrote: lol no wonder I couldn't login...They got my last name wrong and my apparently my ID was the password they gave me earlier. On the letter, they told me to use my ut id...

Ohh no!! Were you able to finally get on and book?

PS. I like your avatar lol!
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Gostosa wrote: Ohh no!! Were you able to finally get on and book?

PS. I like your avatar lol!

lol thanks. Yeah, I finally logged in. Didn't get the time I want, but at least I got the date I wanted.

Michener staff was really helpful through the process.
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
Some useful info:
I found this to be helpful in answering some of my questions :)

THE DAY OF YOUR INTERVIEW

It is imperative that you check in at the time specified on your confirmation. The Admissions Committee cannot guarantee an interview to any late arriving applicants. Applicants who arrive too early may find themselves confined to a holding location, to ensure your own comfort, please try to arrive right at the time specified on your confirmation. The MMI's are carefully scheduled, arriving on time, will give you enough time to register and be ready for the interview.
So that the interview process runs smoothly and to allow for the possibility of delays beyond your control (weather, traffic, etc) we suggest that if you are arriving from outside the Toronto area, that you arrive in Toronto at least one day early. All transportation and accommodation expenses however are your responsibility.

PHOTOGRAPH:
You must bring a valid photo ID with you and present it at check-in to confirm you are an eligible candidate. You will also be required to sign a confidentiality agreement upon check-in.

SCENT FREE ENVIRONMENT:
Please note, The Michener Institute is a scent free environment. Please avoid scents that may be offensive to your fellow candidates. This includes perfumes.

REDUCING OUR ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT:
Large water canteens will be available for you to fill your own water container. Please remember to bring your own water bottle or container.

WHAT IS ALLOWED IN THE INTERVIEW:
During the MMI, you will only be allowed your water. All other items, (ex. coats, bags, mobile and electronic devices etc.) must be left in the secured areas made available to you. The MMI itself will be just over an hour.

FOOD:
Once you check in for your interview, there will not be an opportunity to get anything to eat. If you are concerned about the lapse of time before having an opportunity to eat, you may bring a snack with you however, it must be consumed before your interview starts.

PLEASE NOTE:
As interviews involve many other people, candidates MUST attend on the date and time specified. If you fail to attend at your scheduled time, it is unlikely that we will be able to reschedule your appointment.
MMI-MULTIPLE MINI INTERVIEW CIRCUIT FORMAT

Candidates will be interviewed using the MMI - Multiple Mini Interview process. The MMI is NOT program specific, so if you have applied to more than one program, you will only participate in the MMI once. (Your interview score will be counted towards each of the programs you applied to).
Candidates have 7 minutes to answer questions and deal with scenarios at a series of 8 stations, each of which has a different interviewer who will rate the candidate's performance. Candidates will have 2 minutes to move between stations. An orientation session will be held prior to the MMI. You will not be allowed to bring any electronic equipment (i.e. cell phones, Blackberries, iPhones, cameras, etc.) into the interview stations.

For further information on the MMI, please see
http://www.michener.ca/admissions/gen_a ... n_info.php

Congratulations once again on making it this far in our admissions process. We look forward to meeting you personally.
Yours sincerely,

The Admissions Team,
-----------------------------------------------
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
^They better provide us a secure area lol, don't wanna get my phone and wallet stolen =S
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
dragon_drift wrote: ^They better provide us a secure area lol, don't wanna get my phone and wallet stolen =S

Haha yeah I know, just in case, bring what you need, at least that's what I'm gonna do

Instead of bringing your wallet with your entire life in it, just bring your ID card probably driver's liscence, some money for parking, don't bring other cards like SIN and 10 visas/mastercards lol etc etc.. I don't know why people do that!
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Gostosa wrote: Haha yeah I know, just in case, bring what you need, at least that's what I'm gonna do

Instead of bringing your wallet with your entire life in it, just bring your ID card probably driver's liscence, some money for parking, don't bring other cards like SIN and 10 visas/mastercards lol etc etc.. I don't know why people do that!

yeah, what's up with that? I'm planning on bringing the minimal. just worried they'll put your stuff with other people's stuff somewhere where people can access or something like that.

You guys/gals eating a big breakfast before the 9-12 morning interview?
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
haha, I don't even think I'll be up at 9-12... I signed up for 2pm!
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
It all depends on the person's schedule, do what you need to do :)
Apr 13, 2011
8 posts
London
I also got an interview with Mitchener..I didn't have a choice but to book it for the first day in the morning, so I'm gonna be one of the first people to go through the experience.

I'm from London, but right now I'm in Alberta, so I will be flying out to Ontario this weekend just. I have done a lot of research for the MMI

1. Understand the goal of the scenario- you should aim to answer the questions in a manner that demonstrates that you are capable of being an excellent health care provider.

2. Work on time management-proper pacing is essential, practice 6-7 minute presentation in advance of your interview to get comfotable tiwth timing. Ensure that you wear a watch that clearly displays the time on the interview day, since you cannot rely on a clock being present in each interview room.

3. Listen Carefully- During the MMI, the interviewer will often provide prompts designed to direct you. Listen carefully to the cues provided so you can take advantage of any new information that may be introduced. The prompts may guide you to the specific issues that are the focus of each rotation.

I want to get people together for a MOCK INTERVIEW if possible, so if anyone is interested let me know,
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
Thats helpful!
Cexi49 wrote: I also got an interview with Mitchener..I didn't have a choice but to book it for the first day in the morning, so I'm gonna be one of the first people to go through the experience.

I'm from London, but right now I'm in Alberta, so I will be flying out to Ontario this weekend just. I have done a lot of research for the MMI

1. Understand the goal of the scenario- you should aim to answer the questions in a manner that demonstrates that you are capable of being an excellent health care provider.

2. Work on time management-proper pacing is essential, practice 6-7 minute presentation in advance of your interview to get comfotable tiwth timing. Ensure that you wear a watch that clearly displays the time on the interview day, since you cannot rely on a clock being present in each interview room.

3. Listen Carefully- During the MMI, the interviewer will often provide prompts designed to direct you. Listen carefully to the cues provided so you can take advantage of any new information that may be introduced. The prompts may guide you to the specific issues that are the focus of each rotation.

I want to get people together for a MOCK INTERVIEW if possible, so if anyone is interested let me know,
Sep 28, 2010
47 posts
3 upvotes
Any other high schoolers here get an interview invite?
What are you planning to wear?
Jan 29, 2009
601 posts
78 upvotes
I would wear business casual. Something you would wear to a job interview.
Apr 20, 2011
8 posts
atlantic
Nice to see a thread for this :lol:

I'm really hoping for the Genetics program, moreso than the MLT. I'll be flying in for it, so I made my interview for later in the week...

And I'm quite nervous already :lol: Especially for any role-playing questions. :lol: Oh well. I'm sure I'm not alone in that :lol:
Dec 29, 2010
63 posts
1 upvote
Wow from Winnipeg - I just saw your post!
Make sure your in Toronto at LEAST 1 day before in case anything goes wrong, best of luck!

neonlily wrote: Hi Everyone,

Just found out about my interview today! I'm from Winnipeg so I'll be flying out to toronto for my interview (Gosh! $$)
If anyone wants to practice MMI questions feel free to PM me and I'll pass along my email :)
Jun 24, 2010
89 posts
4 upvotes
Which programs did you guys sign up for? I applied for medical radiation science.
Jul 28, 2005
908 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
Respiratory Therapy
Ralphael wrote: Always buy!!! no regrets.... you can always return later....
MetalGear wrote: Nothing is more permanent than temporary
Apr 23, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
Hi every body
I am just wondering ,is there any body heredoing MMI on 27 th ?
Sep 28, 2010
47 posts
3 upvotes
golshan61ps wrote: Hi every body
I am just wondering ,is there any body heredoing MMI on 27 th ?

I am. :P