Hot Deals

[Microsoft] $15 USD Azure & O365 Certification Exams for COVID-19 affected individuals

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 8:02 am
[OP]
Jul 26, 2018
955 posts
1142 upvotes
Canada, eh?

[Microsoft] $15 USD Azure & O365 Certification Exams for COVID-19 affected individuals

Microsoft is offering a significant discount on selective Azure and O365 certification exams ($15 USD each) for those who have been personally affected by COVID-19.

These exams typically go for $99 USD to $165 USD retail.
Job seekers who have completed training for these Microsoft-specific technical roles and can attest that they have been unemployed or furloughed due to COVID-19 can secure an industry-recognized Microsoft Certification at a discounted fee of USD15. Testing candidates will have the ability to schedule an exam between September 2020 and December 31, 2020, and will have until March 31, 2021 to appear for and complete the exam.

Terms and conditions
  • This exam offer is available to job seekers who can attest that they have been unemployed or furloughed due to COVID-19.
  • You must be 18 or older to access and use this exam offer.
  • This exam offer is available for a limited number of eligible individuals and exam appointments.
  • This exam offer entitles you to register for and appear for one (1) valid Microsoft Certification exam at a special limited time discounted price of USD15. Offer expires December 31, 2020.
  • This exam offer may be redeemed to take one (1) valid Microsoft Certification exam, delivered as an online proctored exam only.
  • This exam offer is exam-specific and only redeemable for select Microsoft Certification exams.
  • The window to schedule the exam offer will be available later this year, between September 2020 and December 31, 2020.
  • The exam offer must be scheduled by December 31, 2020. Exam appointments must be completed by March 31, 2021.
  • This exam offer expiration date cannot be extended under any circumstances.
  • This exam offer may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit, or refund.
  • This exam offer is non-transferrable and is void if you alter, revise, or transfer it in any way.
  • Cancellation and reschedule policies and any associated fees apply.
  • Testing candidates must agree to the certification exam non-disclosure agreement.
List of Eligible Exams
  • Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
  • Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals*
  • Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals*
  • Exam PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
  • Exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
  • Exam AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
  • Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
  • Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
  • Exam PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker*
  • Exam MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
  • Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
  • Exam MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services
  • Exam DA-100: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI
    *Exam coming soon
71 replies
Jul 24, 2015
235 posts
143 upvotes
You need to be unemployed to take advantage of this.

Terrible.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2018
955 posts
1142 upvotes
Canada, eh?
PeterWIlliams wrote: You need to be unemployed to take advantage of this.

Terrible.
I'm not sure if you're saying the deal is terrible or if its terrible that the individuals affected are unemployed or furloughed.

These certification exams help with marketability when it comes to candidates seeking for work. Too many HR/recruiters only look at certifications on a resume before clicking the delete button. So $15 USD versus $165 USD is a great deal for them, and very helpful to anyone who is looking for a job. I'm sure anyone unemployed wouldn't want to spend $165 USD for a certification. MS didn't have to do this, they could have continued to charge 3 figures for 60 questions.
Jan 11, 2020
118 posts
101 upvotes
secretalcoholic wrote: I'm not sure if you're saying the deal is terrible or if its terrible that the individuals affected are unemployed or furloughed.

These certification exams help with marketability when it comes to candidates seeking for work. Too many HR/recruiters only look at certifications on a resume before clicking the delete button. So $15 USD versus $165 USD is a great deal for them, and very helpful to anyone who is looking for a job. I'm sure anyone unemployed wouldn't want to spend $165 USD for a certification. MS didn't have to do this, they could have continued to charge 3 figures for 60 questions.
Dude's gotta check his employment-privilege!

Upvoted!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4131 posts
3065 upvotes
Ottawa

Terrible.
Why's that terrible, exactly?
Apr 2, 2018
204 posts
2487 upvotes
Am I seeing something different I see the exam price as USD $99
Jan 6, 2010
25 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
CrackTheDeal wrote: Am I seeing something different I see the exam price as USD $99
Says it starts in September.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1499 posts
437 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
How to get this deal to schedule an exam? I don't see any details from their web page.

How do they verify your employment status?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4131 posts
3065 upvotes
Ottawa
MrBigNose wrote: How to get this deal to schedule an exam? I don't see any details from their web page.

How do they verify your employment status?
Probably good will.
Aug 20, 2007
71 posts
221 upvotes
Markham

Terrible.
You should share this post with your employer - you might be able to take advantage of this afterwards.
[OP]
Jul 26, 2018
955 posts
1142 upvotes
Canada, eh?
MrBigNose wrote: How to get this deal to schedule an exam? I don't see any details from their web page.
Says registrations start in September 2020. But if you go to the web page of each exam details you already see a button to click for registration. I assume once Sept comes they'll open that up.
May 2, 2015
468 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto, ON
solariseclipse wrote: You should share this post with your employer - you might be able to take advantage of this afterwards.
lol.. very funny
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4439 posts
16764 upvotes
TORONTO
Good on Microsoft, hopefully other major companies also do this.
Jul 24, 2015
235 posts
143 upvotes
solariseclipse wrote: You should share this post with your employer - you might be able to take advantage of this afterwards.
I don't get the joke. You're saying this is a fireable offense?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5071 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
it says its limited to 1 certification per person, too bad. but still a good deal! thanks op