Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft

ASUS VivoBook Flip TP401MA - 14-inch FHD touchscreen - Silver N5000 - $349

Sep 4, 2010
476 posts
234 upvotes
Brampton
Pen seems good, only used a few minutes, got for wife, Appears to have pressure sensitivity, has 2 buttons, they work too. Bought on sale when $35 + venngo code + ebates.
Nov 17, 2014
596 posts
608 upvotes
QC
Pretty happy with my purchase. Except for two things :
The track pad seems to be moving when tapping on it like it was not fixed properly.. Anyone else?
When I close the lid for an extended period and I reopen it, the laptop brings me to welcome screen, in input Pin, and i am brought to a black screen. I can see the mouse button. Nothing else works, the mouse moves, trackpad or touch, i can ctrl-alt-delete to the control panel but nothing else works. Usually a reboot solves it.
Anyone else ?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
IllAtEase wrote: After I change the boot order in the UEFI to the cloned ssd, it restarts to a "preparing automatic repair" error and goes back to the recovery menu. I can then go back in to the UEFI and change the boot order back to the old drive. Any ideas as to why I'm getting that error?
did you fix your boot up problem ? If so, how ?
Apr 15, 2018
77 posts
107 upvotes
After cloning my ssd and booting from it I got this issue where all you see after logging in is a black screen. Solved it by resetting windows.

On the login screen, hold shift and while holding, click the power icon and restart. This should bring you to advanced startup, where you can reset windows.
After that I setup windows again and everything worked fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sylvestor2002 wrote: Can someone confirm if these instructions are correct for upgrading Win10s to Win10 Pro ? Upgrade instructions
Bascially, you need to go to the microsoft store, search for "Switch Out of S Mode", click "learn more" and then install it... You may need to upgrade the Microsoft store app first however.

It is 100% free.

Friend bought this laptop for his son, I switched it out of S mode, he purchased office 2016 through our Microsoft HUP program for a whopping $13, installed it, and it runs quite reasonably. He wanted something light and decent battery life for his son to use in school. At this price, it was hard to beat.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
SplittedBanana wrote: No soldering involved. The original storage is soldered so there's no removing it. As soon as getting the laptop I installed the SSD and set up windows. From there you install Acronis, run it, and clone the internal storage to the SSD. Then you restart and boot to BIOS where you can select the SSD to boot from. Once you've booted from the SSD you should be able to just format the internal storage.

As for how it's running, I don't know if it's actually any faster than internal storage but I have an extra 250GB of storage so that's a plus.
Regarding the "...install Acronis, run it, and clone the internal storage to the SSD..." Is the Acronis program free with the purchase of the Crucial M.2 ? Or did you have to pay $50 ?
Apr 15, 2018
77 posts
107 upvotes
sylvestor2002 wrote: Regarding the "...install Acronis, run it, and clone the internal storage to the SSD..." Is the Acronis program free with the purchase of the Crucial M.2 ? Or did you have to pay $50 ?
Free with the purchase of the Crucial, but you can try going to crucial.com/clone and see if it works without a Crucial SSD. That's the site they provide with the SSD, no code required.
Oct 18, 2010
52 posts
54 upvotes
Coquitlam
does asus or third parties sell new internal batteries for this? I couldn't find anything online
Sep 15, 2013
832 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased one of these on Saturday for my gf and I am amazed for the price. We bought the last one at the Microsoft Store at Eatons Center as I watched them carry away the display version after we said we would take one. It is super snappy, the screen is surprisingly very crisp and the build quality is more than I could have expected out of a low end laptop. Plays Sims 4 without a hitch and will probably run a bunch of older games with ease. I want one for myself now...
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
anescapedconvict wrote: does asus or third parties sell new internal batteries for this? I couldn't find anything online
It's relatively new, I don't see why anybody would carry batteries for it yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
SplittedBanana wrote: Just got the laptop and installed SSD, here's some pictures. Note that some screws for the back are different lengths so make sure to keep track of which goes where. There's also 2 screws under the rubber feet.
Once you have the screws out, you'll have to find a way to pry open the back. I used a knife and pried it just enough to stick my fingernail in, then pried a bit further with my nail and stuck a credit card in. That was enough to get the clips out so I slid that around the edge to get the entire cover off.

Edit: If you screw in the SSD screw too far it blocks the f1 key...
Thanks for pointing out that the screws are different sizes and the SSD screw will block the f1 key. Also very helpful that you mentioned the hidden screws under the rubber feet !!

BTW: on another note, since I have the emmc cloned to the new SSD, is there a way to disable the emmc in the bios ? Just want to keep it stock (and not touchable by any virus) in case in the future I need to clone it again to my SSD.
Last edited by sylvestor2002 on Dec 27th, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
Back in stock.

ASUS VivoBook Flip TP401MA
• 14-inch Full HD touchscreen
• Intel Pentium Silver N5000
• 4GB memory/64GB eMMC

Previous thread about it by [mention2=233624 slug=don-freak]Don Freak[/mention2]
^ Feedback from buyers there

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Dec 13, 2005
447 posts
395 upvotes
The 3d performance of this laptop is not that bad. Relatively basic stuff like World of tanks plays really well. Nice screen as well. Has empty m.2 ssd slot.
Jun 6, 2016
36 posts
12 upvotes
Unless it’s specification errors, bestbuy version has a lower resolution screen, also have multilingual keyboard...
Feb 16, 2005
875 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary
porkchopbread wrote: Best Buy version comes with Office 365, no?
and a lower quality screen I think.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)