Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Coming to Game Pass (Early April) - GTAV/Zombie Army 4/NHL21/MLB The Show and more

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2021 9:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1620 posts
936 upvotes
Langley

[Microsoft] Coming to Game Pass (Early April) - GTAV/Zombie Army 4/NHL21/MLB The Show and more

Not too shabby! Interesting to see Zombie Army 4 now coming to Xbox GP after also being announced for PS+. I for one am excited to try Pathways and Zombie Army 4. Been wanting to try Zombie Army 4 for quite awhile but didn't want to invest in it in case it wasn't my style!

Yes, MLB the Show was already announced but the rest of the titles were announced this AM.

Coming Soon

Grand Theft Auto V (Cloud and Console) – April 8
When a young street hustler, a retired bank robber and a terrifying psychopath find themselves entangled with some of the most frightening and deranged elements of the criminal underworld, the U.S. government and the entertainment industry, they must pull off a series of dangerous heists to survive in a ruthless city in which they can trust nobody, least of all each other.

Zombie Army 4: Dead War (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 8
Hitler’s zombie hordes are back for more in this spine-chilling shooter from the makers of Sniper Elite 4! Abominable occult enemies, epic weapons and a harrowing campaign for 1-4 players await in 1940s Europe, as you fight to save humankind from undead Armageddon!

Disneyland Adventures (Cloud) – April 8
Experience the magic of Disneyland! Take a journey where stories come to life and dreams come true, right in your living room! Explore Disneyland park, from Main Street U.S.A. to Critter Country, where you can join Peter Pan to battle Captain Hook, high-five Mickey Mouse, and hug Snow White.

Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud) – April 8
Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure invites families and fans of all ages to experience the worlds of six beloved Disney/Pixar films. Team up with characters from “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “Up,” “Cars,” “Toy Story,” and “Finding Dory” to solve puzzles and uncover hidden secrets.

NHL 21 (Console) EA Play – April 12
Carve your path to superstardom in an expanded Be A Pro mode and go down as one of the league’s greatest. On the ice, change up your attack with all new moves, dekes, dangles, and evasive maneuvers, inspired by the league’s most groundbreaking innovators.

Rain on Your Parade (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – April 15
Travel the world as a cute cardboard cloud and ruin everybody’s day! Unlock new methods of mischief in over 50 levels, each with unique setting and objectives. Make new friends and help them too – it’s an adorable schadenfreude game!

Pathway (PC) ID@Xbox – April 15
Assemble a bold team of adventurers and journey through the desert-wilderness. In 1936, Nazi influence has spread, along with rumors of secret excavations, mysterious artefacts, and gruesome occult rituals… Outwit foes in strategic squad combat and locate ancient treasures before they fall into the wrong hands!

MLB The Show 21 (Cloud and Console) – April 20
MLB The Show 21 is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one on Cloud (Beta), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Experience faster, deeper, and more intense moment-to-moment action on the field in 4K 60FPS on Xbox Series X|S consoles. Lead your ballplayer to Road to the Show and Diamond Dynasty glory as a two-way star and face your friends on PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 with cross-platform play.
Images
  • EyS4k-9VoAkqpUu.png
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7898 posts
1335 upvotes
Figures GTA V comes right after I buy it. Oh well, had some MS funds about to expire
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Aug 31, 2008
741 posts
338 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: Figures GTA V comes right after I buy it. Oh well, had some MS funds about to expire
The Rockstar games keep popping in and out, at least you've got the game no matter what.
Jan 19, 2017
532 posts
848 upvotes
superrabbi wrote: The Rockstar games keep popping in and out, at least you've got the game no matter what.
Was going to say, id rather just buy it for $20 and have it then worry about if they are going to yank it again for 3 months. Nothing more frustrating then removing games with no rhythm reason or warning. Love my sales/physical media :)
Aug 20, 2009
8262 posts
3202 upvotes
Grimsby
CFRTim wrote: Figures GTA V comes right after I buy it. Oh well, had some MS funds about to expire
Rockstar is really annoying with their stuff on Gamepass so you're better off having bought it IMO. I think they do it this way to goose DLC / microtransaction sales.
Sep 13, 2007
433 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
nice ill get this GTA v, NHL and MLB this is a good month for game pass
Jul 31, 2007
603 posts
455 upvotes
you can request a refund if its not too late.

also rockstar pulls their games out after a few months, so its too tight for you its not a loss
Nov 14, 2017
604 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice. I'm looking forward to Rain on your Parade, it looks like something in the vein of Untitled Goose Game and Donut Country, both very chill, checklist games. Nice after a long day at work to just veg out to. Pathway looks pretty interesting too.

Never been a fan of sports games but I might try MLB The Show just because of all the hype and news surrounding it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14760 posts
27812 upvotes
Scarborough
I started playing Zombie Army 4 for free on Stadia back when that deal came around but I never got around to finishing it. Looks like I'll be playing that again on April 8th!
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6665 posts
1256 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Red Dead Redemption 2 was removed from GP after like 3 months. Wonder how long GTAV will last.

Doesn't seem like it's enhanced for Series console though. I thought an upgrade is coming soon.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2459 posts
1041 upvotes
Montreal, QC
number8888 wrote: Red Dead Redemption 2 was removed from GP after like 3 months. Wonder how long GTAV will last.

Doesn't seem like it's enhanced for Series console though. I thought an upgrade is coming soon.
The upgrade will cost money. R* doesn't do it free. Only hope we got is for Microsoft to patch it with HDR and FPS boost but since there's an upgraded version coming, doubt Microsoft will bother with it
Sep 1, 2015
791 posts
935 upvotes
number8888 wrote: Red Dead Redemption 2 was removed from GP after like 3 months. Wonder how long GTAV will last.

GTA V was on it for quite a while before it was removed. They tried to add RDR2 thinking it would spur a similar GTA Online type of hype.

As much as I like Rockstar, they're really becoming greedy. They even changed up skus to charge more. Splitting RDR2 into a new RDR2 story and RDR2 Online or new versions of SKU's that have both and it costs more than what the original digital, special edition or ultimate edition had come down to digitally. The upgrade edition must be coming soon. They wanted more purchases so added it to sale.
Aug 20, 2009
8262 posts
3202 upvotes
Grimsby
Harold91 wrote: GTA V was on it for quite a while before it was removed. They tried to add RDR2 thinking it would spur a similar GTA Online type of hype.

As much as I like Rockstar, they're really becoming greedy. They even changed up skus to charge more. Splitting RDR2 into a new RDR2 story and RDR2 Online or new versions of SKU's that have both and it costs more than what the original digital, special edition or ultimate edition had come down to digitally. The upgrade edition must be coming soon. They wanted more purchases so added it to sale.
Originally GTA V was on for around 5 months I think, RDR2 was on 4. This is before any re-additions. It's certainly long enough to beat them if you devote a lot of time to them but they are pretty sprawling games so I can see many casual gamers struggling to finish in that time span.

I find most other publishers to be a bit better with their Gamepass stuff, Rockstar is definitely "gaming" it a bit :)

Looking forward to playing The Show and being reminded just how awful at modern sports game I am. I will retreat to RBI Baseball or Basewars after Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 1, 2015
791 posts
935 upvotes
Redmask wrote: Originally GTA V was on for around 5 months I think, RDR2 was on 4. This is before any re-additions. It's certainly long enough to beat them if you devote a lot of time to them but they are pretty sprawling games so I can see many casual gamers struggling to finish in that time span.

I find most other publishers to be a bit better with their Gamepass stuff, Rockstar is definitely "gaming" it a bit :)

Looking forward to playing The Show and being reminded just how awful at modern sports game I am. I will retreat to RBI Baseball or Basewars after Face With Tears Of Joy
Looks great but makes me also wish for the simple times of RBI Baseball or those Ken Griffey super nintendo games lol.
Last edited by Harold91 on Apr 7th, 2021 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6665 posts
1256 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
sumtimw0ng wrote: The upgrade will cost money. R* doesn't do it free. Only hope we got is for Microsoft to patch it with HDR and FPS boost but since there's an upgraded version coming, doubt Microsoft will bother with it
You are right this is R* after all. Still getting the enhanced version day 1 on Gamepass would have been a really good get for Microsoft.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1620 posts
936 upvotes
Langley
number8888 wrote: You are right this is R* after all. Still getting the enhanced version day 1 on Gamepass would have been a really good get for Microsoft.
I think the good get for Microsoft is if the plethora of new rumours of BF6 coming day one to Game Pass are true...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4979 posts
4024 upvotes
Interesting new MLB release is included while PS users shafted
Xbox announced last week that the PlayStation Studios title will be free to Xbox Game Pass subscribers on its release date of April 20, for both Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X.

The move was surprising since the game, which is developed by Sony’s San Diego studio, will release on Sony’s PS4 and PS5 consoles as a standard $60/$70 title.

Now, in a fresh statement issued to Inverse, Sony has claimed that the decision to release The Show 21 on Xbox Game Pass was MLB’s decision.
Oct 15, 2019
53 posts
81 upvotes
Disneyland Adventures (Cloud) – April 8
Rush: A Disney/Pixar Adventure (Cloud) – April 8

my kids loved both of the above with kinect on the xbox 360
i still remember coming downstairs about 4 hours after my son started rush and he was completely red and out of breath because of all the running and jumping - it's not like wii where you can just flick your wrist and pretend
i'd love to see what the controls are like on these...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3387 posts
824 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best way to get gamepass for cheap? I see tha PS PLus is sometimes $30-40 on some sites.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2459 posts
1041 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sepharite wrote: What's the best way to get gamepass for cheap? I see tha PS PLus is sometimes $30-40 on some sites.
Get 3 years of Xbox live gold (a bit less than 3 years because of the free months, which ever ends up being cheaper) and do the 1 for 1 conversion for $1 or ($16.99 in Quebec). Should end up costing you about $180 (for 3 years) which is the cost of 1 year of gamepass ultimate