Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Final Fantasy XII, Project Winter, Jurassic World Evolution, Stealth Inc. 2 and More

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2322 posts
3544 upvotes
Windsor

[Microsoft] Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Final Fantasy XII, Project Winter, Jurassic World Evolution, Stealth Inc. 2 and More

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - $1 for first three months: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... verviewtab
Xbox Game Pass for PC - $1 for first month:https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/xbox- ... verviewtab

Ghost of a Tale (PC) ID@Xbox – February 4
Project Winter (Android, Console and PC) ID@Xbox – February 4
The Falconeer (Android, Console and PC) – February 4
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (Console and PC) – February 11
Jurassic World Evolution (Android and Console) – February 11
Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Android and Console) ID@Xbox – February 11
Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Android) – February 11

Leaving February 15
De Blob (Console)
Ninja Gaiden II (Console)
World of Horror (PC)

Leaving February 16
Shadows of the Damned (EA Play/Console)
48 replies
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1288 posts
512 upvotes
KANATA
I have gamepass ultimate for 3 years. Only ever used it for Forza and MS Flight Sim.
Anything good worth playing? Most looks blegh. Sea of Thieves was a miss for me.

Didn't they join with EA? How do I access that? And does EA have anything worth playing?
derpin
Apr 1, 2012
115 posts
20 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: I have gamepass ultimate for 3 years. Only ever used it for Forza and MS Flight Sim.
Anything good worth playing? Most looks blegh. Sea of Thieves was a miss for me.

Didn't they join with EA? How do I access that? And does EA have anything worth playing?
gamepass ultimate is a goldmine compared to ps+ and psnow lol, especially with EA pass as well. if i remember correctly, you access EA through the xbox game pass "perks" section on your console.

"good" games depend on your taste. couple of my personal favourites, on ea, star wars jedi order is definitely worth the price of admission alone. overcooked 2 on the normal xbox game pass is a fun couch co-op game to play with family.
Oct 1, 2006
90 posts
53 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Really depends on what you are into. Here are a couple I'd recommend:

Control - Sci-Fi horror - 3rd Person game. Remedy are great story writers. The latest updates to this game also deliver some of the best visuals in gaming to date.
Cyber Shadow is a recent addition. Old School Ninja Gaiden type game. 8 Bit look & feel with some flair
Dead Cells / Enter The Gungeon / Neon Abyss / Slay The Spire - If you like Rogue Lite type games (play, make progress, unlock stuff, start over and learn to use unlocks...) These are great.
Hyper Dot - quick puzzle game. You can get the feel for this game in under a minute. It's fun / Quick
Tetris Effect. If you like Tetris, and syncopated music / Visual FX - this is a really impressive update to Tetris.
Wasteland 3. PC style RPG / point and click feel without the Point and Click if you are playing on console.
The Witcher 3 - Open world / 3rd Person RPG - fight monsters. Great visuals & story
Pikuniku / PHOGS - Family friendly, easy to understand, and fun games. Pikuniku can be fun for any kid. My 4 year old loves to just move the dude around and make sounds.
Battle Chasers - for turn based classic console feeling RPG's - like Chrono Trigger with a lot less characters to choose from.
Carrion for a unique side scrolling puzzle game
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Battlefront II. If you like Star Wars, these games are pretty cool.
Destiny 2 and Rainbow Six Siege if you like 1st Person shooters. Destiny 2 is a grind. The gameplay is great (Bungie). R6 is tactical.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2393 posts
1018 upvotes
Montreal, QC
sepavelli wrote: Should be Microsoft’s last gaming console.
Their next console will be their last. Still too many hurdles in the way: internet speed, cap and cost.

Next console is like 5 years away
Aug 20, 2019
10 posts
12 upvotes
Try jurassic world evolution, if you enjoyed the jurassic park movies this game lets you create your own park. It gets old after awhile but the first 2 weeks i had the game it was awesome.
Sep 10, 2009
483 posts
309 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: I have gamepass ultimate for 3 years. Only ever used it for Forza and MS Flight Sim.

Both Ori games are great (especially the second which is miles better than the first). I best both for the first time last month and 100% recommend those. The second on is a really good Metroidvania type game while the first one is more platformer. Ori 3 is probably up there as one of my favourite Metroidvania's.

Donut County is a cute and charming game and really short. You can beat it in around an hour or two.

The Medium is a decent old school style horror/thriller game. Think of Silent Hill. It's brand new and just came out last week.

The Yakuza games. Start with Yakuza 0 (Kiwami 1 & 2 then the rest). It's an RPG about a yakuza member and the stuff that goes with it. I'd say it plays out like an Asian gangster movie like... Infernal Affairs or maybe Old Boy. The story is pretty good if you like those kinds of gangster films and really goddamn hilarious. It perfectly blends the two together.

Halo Collection. It's Halo and most of them are there. Even if you don't like the new ones, you could just play the first few ones and go on multiplayer.

What Remains of Edith Finch. A "walking simulator" about a family and their tragic story. It's actually really interesting though my description isn't really the best. It's only 2.5 hours long and a really great tale so I'd suggest it.

Nier Automata. An action RPG about some feuding war between androids and robots. Really great action since it was developed by the same people who did Baynetta. The story is pretty intriguing though it might not be for everyone. The OST is fantastic. The general reception for this game is really high.

Control. Third person shooter set in a creepy building and you're finding out the mysteries of what happened inside and the characters own mysteries. It's pretty fantastic and the entire thing really sets that creepy atmosphere while in there.

Titanfall 2. Great first person shooter in single player and multiplayer. Single player was probably the most fun I had in a campaign recently so I'd give it a go and play multiplayer after since that's still pretty active.

That's a few I played and even more I didn't mentioned. I had to stop so I can eat breakfast lol. But there's a lot of games there to play.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5147 posts
3187 upvotes
Toronto
Taxial wrote: Really depends on what you are into. Here are a couple I'd recommend:

Control - Sci-Fi horror - 3rd Person game. Remedy are great story writers. The latest updates to this game also deliver some of the best visuals in gaming to date.
Cyber Shadow is a recent addition. Old School Ninja Gaiden type game. 8 Bit look & feel with some flair
Dead Cells / Enter The Gungeon / Neon Abyss / Slay The Spire - If you like Rogue Lite type games (play, make progress, unlock stuff, start over and learn to use unlocks...) These are great.
Hyper Dot - quick puzzle game. You can get the feel for this game in under a minute. It's fun / Quick
Tetris Effect. If you like Tetris, and syncopated music / Visual FX - this is a really impressive update to Tetris.
Wasteland 3. PC style RPG / point and click feel without the Point and Click if you are playing on console.
The Witcher 3 - Open world / 3rd Person RPG - fight monsters. Great visuals & story
Pikuniku / PHOGS - Family friendly, easy to understand, and fun games. Pikuniku can be fun for any kid. My 4 year old loves to just move the dude around and make sounds.
Battle Chasers - for turn based classic console feeling RPG's - like Chrono Trigger with a lot less characters to choose from.
Carrion for a unique side scrolling puzzle game
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and Battlefront II. If you like Star Wars, these games are pretty cool.
Destiny 2 and Rainbow Six Siege if you like 1st Person shooters. Destiny 2 is a grind. The gameplay is great (Bungie). R6 is tactical.
That might be the worst description of Battle Chasers ever. Didn't know your definition of a lot was 1 Face With Tears Of Joy. Also, while not a bad game, does not deserve to be compared to Chrono Trigger.
Jul 31, 2020
836 posts
576 upvotes
Just bought 12, its amazing on one x or series x.
Jul 31, 2020
836 posts
576 upvotes
sumtimw0ng wrote: Their next console will be their last. Still too many hurdles in the way: internet speed, cap and cost.

Next console is like 5 years away
Arm chair experts. Their last console will be when people stop wanting to buy them, which wont be in 5 years. Almost nobody wants to stream games for all kinds of reasons, digital sure.. but running them server side nope. Easiest way to predict future is to look at what pirates do, they streamed music and video but not games.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1167 posts
3033 upvotes
New Brunswick
Wish they had a schedule that gave us more advance notice for games leaving.
Sep 26, 2013
141 posts
224 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: That might be the worst description of Battle Chasers ever. Didn't know your definition of a lot was 1 Face With Tears Of Joy. Also, while not a bad game, does not deserve to be compared to Chrono Trigger.
best RPG you can play on gamepass right now is DQ 11.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5147 posts
3187 upvotes
Toronto
azraelluz wrote: best RPG you can play on gamepass right now is DQ 11.
Definitely debatable but I did love DQ11, but I also loved several of the FFs on there.
Jan 26, 2012
132 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
Definitely recommend Control! Amazing game so far
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10836 posts
9230 upvotes
16.99 per month for ultimate seems pretty steep for some old games (with the occasional new one like The Medium)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1473 posts
711 upvotes
Langley
Can someone possibly clarify something for me please? I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate until December 18, 2021 and then I lose it. I did the whole conversion of Xbox Live with the Game Pass Trial... If I currently have Game Pass as mentioned and add purchase additional Live to add, does that convert the additional Live I add as Game Pass as well? As-in if I buy another year of Live would that take me to December 18, 2022 as Game Pass Ultimate. Hope that makes sense.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5147 posts
3187 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote: 16.99 per month for ultimate seems pretty steep for some old games (with the occasional new one like The Medium)
If you're gonna use it long term, there are cheaper solutions than paying $16.99 per month. Or you can be like me and only pick up the odd month here and there when I know I have time (often there are $1 promos, like right now).