DOOM Eternal - coming to Xbox Game Pass Oct. 1, PC later in 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 12:31 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2008
863 posts
764 upvotes

DOOM Eternal - coming to Xbox Game Pass Oct. 1, PC later in 2020

Looks like the first big result from MS's purchase of Bethesda is coming very soon:

Doom Eternal is coming to Xbox Game Pass (console) Oct. 1, PC later in 2020:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/24/ ... october-1/

If you're considering subscribing to Xbox Game Pass (or buying Doom Eternal), take note!

Bethesda already previously confirmed that the upcoming next-gen upgrade patch will be free: https://bethesda.net/en/article/3cP83OC ... e-upgrades
Last edited by cookedDeals on Sep 24th, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1635 posts
136 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Thanks OP. My stance of not having enough time to play games at release pays off again!
Dec 24, 2012
213 posts
290 upvotes
Terrebonne
So far I've played Doom (2016), Ori and the blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4, Microsoft Flight Sim, Gears 5, Gears Tactics and tried some other stuff for the price of 1$, or whatever it was to change Xbox Live into Gamepass.

Was waiting for Doom Eternal to become cheaper to buy it, but this is even far better! I love gamepass. Getting a PS5 for some of their single player exclusives I missed out on and those upcoming, but I'll be playing gamepass on PC a lot.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3804 posts
1102 upvotes
QC
TotalDistinction wrote: While this is fantastic news, I got burned by just purchasing this last weekend.

I wonder if I can get a refund.
My guess is that if you played a substantial amount of time on it, probably no.
Aug 31, 2008
698 posts
314 upvotes
Damn, already! This Gamepass is really paying off.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1273 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto
Swallowing up another studio / publisher is not good for gamers in the end. MS is happy though. : S
Feb 22, 2012
652 posts
1995 upvotes
Canada
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Swallowing up another studio / publisher is not good for gamers in the end. MS is happy though. : S
It was the only way M$ could get ahead....

But imagine what happens to Playstation 5 if Microsoft swallows up a bunch more, like Sega (currently rumored), Namco, Capcom, Rockstar, EA, Activision, etc.

It would be game over man, game over! The almighty M$ Gamepass would be the one pass to rule them all and Sauron (ahem, Sony) would wither away into the void.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product