DOOM Eternal - coming to Xbox Game Pass Oct. 1, PC later in 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 12:31 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2008
923 posts
882 upvotes

DOOM Eternal - coming to Xbox Game Pass Oct. 1, PC later in 2020

Looks like the first big result from MS's purchase of Bethesda is coming very soon:

Doom Eternal is coming to Xbox Game Pass (console) Oct. 1, PC later in 2020:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/24/ ... october-1/

If you're considering subscribing to Xbox Game Pass (or buying Doom Eternal), take note!

Bethesda already previously confirmed that the upcoming next-gen upgrade patch will be free: https://bethesda.net/en/article/3cP83OC ... e-upgrades
Last edited by cookedDeals on Sep 24th, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
1775 posts
247 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Thanks OP. My stance of not having enough time to play games at release pays off again!
Dec 24, 2012
615 posts
923 upvotes
Terrebonne
So far I've played Doom (2016), Ori and the blind Forest, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4, Microsoft Flight Sim, Gears 5, Gears Tactics and tried some other stuff for the price of 1$, or whatever it was to change Xbox Live into Gamepass.

Was waiting for Doom Eternal to become cheaper to buy it, but this is even far better! I love gamepass. Getting a PS5 for some of their single player exclusives I missed out on and those upcoming, but I'll be playing gamepass on PC a lot.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1769 posts
1186 upvotes
Does doom have multiplayer?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3987 posts
1194 upvotes
QC
TotalDistinction wrote: While this is fantastic news, I got burned by just purchasing this last weekend.

I wonder if I can get a refund.
My guess is that if you played a substantial amount of time on it, probably no.
Aug 31, 2008
760 posts
346 upvotes
Damn, already! This Gamepass is really paying off.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
Swallowing up another studio / publisher is not good for gamers in the end. MS is happy though. : S
Feb 22, 2012
888 posts
2987 upvotes
Canada
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: Swallowing up another studio / publisher is not good for gamers in the end. MS is happy though. : S
It was the only way M$ could get ahead....

But imagine what happens to Playstation 5 if Microsoft swallows up a bunch more, like Sega (currently rumored), Namco, Capcom, Rockstar, EA, Activision, etc.

It would be game over man, game over! The almighty M$ Gamepass would be the one pass to rule them all and Sauron (ahem, Sony) would wither away into the void.
RFD: Pick any two.

1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
Styleman wrote: It was the only way M$ could get ahead....

But imagine what happens to Playstation 5 if Microsoft swallows up a bunch more, like Sega (currently rumored), Namco, Capcom, Rockstar, EA, Activision, etc.

It would be game over man, game over! The almighty M$ Gamepass would be the one pass to rule them all and Sauron (ahem, Sony) would wither away into the void.
: S
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4595 posts
2085 upvotes
Toronto
As a person who has a switch PS4 and pc, I’m
Happy Microsoft is gona buy all these studios, they will force them to make the games for pc lol so I can play them on game pass.

Not sure why anyone is even upset, because of game pass you’ll have 3 platforms (Xbox, pc and xcloud) to go play these games on. You all have phones and tablets so they’ll be able to play games on xcloud.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Nov 26, 2015
70 posts
109 upvotes
Man, both Ori games alone are worth the price of like 5 months of Gamepass. Can't remember when I had as much fun 100% completing a game. I hope these developers at Moon Studios are rich, they deserve it.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1565 posts
901 upvotes
Montreal
SouCHe99 wrote: Man, both Ori games alone are worth the price of like 5 months of Gamepass. Can't remember when I had as much fun 100% completing a game. I hope these developers at Moon Studios are rich, they deserve it.
You should try Hollow Knight as well. It's superb.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage