Hot Deals

[Microsoft] EA Access/Play merge with Game Pass Ultimate. Get Ultimate for approx $7.50 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:23 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2017
529 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto

[Microsoft] EA Access/Play merge with Game Pass Ultimate. Get Ultimate for approx $7.50 a month

It's been announced that they will be rolling EA Access into gamepass ultimate. Conversion rate will be 3:1 for any month remaining over 50 days, rounded up. I don't know if there's an exact date for the switch.

You can do the 1 month trial of EA access to balance out some of the 50 days piece, buy EA Access at $30 for 12 months, and it will convert to 4 months (since they're rounding up anyway) for 7$7.50 a month.

Looked back and saw a lot of the same comments, questions

1. This is for people who need to top up. If you're still paying a dollar for an account or don't have one, this deal isn't worth your time. You can get it cheaper by other means
2. This hasn't started yet, They said the holiday. I don't know what that means and there was no date listed. I sent a request for a specific date, but they haven't responded.
Because it's 3:1 minus 50 days, just be sure you time it as late as possible. I think this means you want no less than 11 months at time of conversion, for the 90 days +1 (if they're really rounding up). Is says this holiday, so I'm going to push it to mid- November to be safe.
3. The EA free month trial is gone, sadly
4. They says it had to be bought through the microsoft store. Feel free to risk other means of acquisition.
5. You can't use microsoft credits or gift cards for purchasing.
Last edited by SamG852 on Sep 10th, 2020 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
153 replies
Apr 18, 2017
466 posts
205 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you just buy Microsoft gift cards from Costco?
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1271 posts
1818 upvotes
Looking at my Xbox account, I have seen "ULTIMATE" in the profile for months now.

Going to reach out to Microsoft/Xbox and inquire, since there was a merger, what happens to those with both GAME ACCESS and EA subscriptions.
IIRC, the EA sub was 30$ expires in March 2021 and GA in March 2022.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1271 posts
1818 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Do you just buy Microsoft gift cards from Costco?
Last time I bought Microsoft cards were from the costco website. Codes were emailed within a few hours.
Jul 15, 2003
617 posts
669 upvotes
I am going with PS5 for many reasons but any reasonable person will see MS is providing amazing value for money next gen
Dec 8, 2004
757 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Any comments for Game Pass on PC?

Some titles I'm interested in, but am not a fan of a game subscription model so am wary for supporting it.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2017
529 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
KravenHead wrote: Looking at my Xbox account, I have seen "ULTIMATE" in the profile for months now.

Going to reach out to Microsoft/Xbox and inquire, since there was a merger, what happens to those with both GAME ACCESS and EA subscriptions.
IIRC, the EA sub was 30$ expires in March 2021 and GA in March 2022.
I'm guessing access will convert at 1:1 and play will go 3:1 as they're basing it on cost.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2018
1053 posts
1036 upvotes
Blainville, QC
I'm not sure you can use XB GCs to pay for the subscription. They didn't allow that last I tried.

You can of course buy the subscription prepaid cards from Costco, though.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1067 posts
822 upvotes
Everywhere
lol is the OP on his argentina vpn or something? the page appears in canadian english but i get a prompt asking me to convert to spanish.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1081 posts
2811 upvotes
New Brunswick
barcathegreat wrote: I am going with PS5 for many reasons but any reasonable person will see MS is providing amazing value for money next gen
Not just for the known games like Halo Infinite, but for future exclusive potentials. I'm very hopeful for Forza Horizon 5
Apr 28, 2012
74 posts
19 upvotes
NEPEAN
What are you wondering about?

They have similar games listed, just the PC version... Games run smooth, but that would be setup dependant...

terribly wrote: Any comments for Game Pass on PC?

Some titles I'm interested in, but am not a fan of a game subscription model so am wary for supporting it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18207 posts
8068 upvotes
Oakville
ExtraHoardernaire wrote: lol is the OP on his argentina vpn or something? the page appears in canadian english but i get a prompt asking me to convert to spanish.
That generally happens when *you* were on a Spanish page previously. OP's link shows en-ca as the selected language. :P
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4091 posts
2213 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Interesting, I already have Ultimate until 2/24/2023 from combining cheap costco xbox live and $1 trial. Then I still have EA Access for another 9 months, I'll never run out at this point..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)