Hot Deals

[Microsoft] EA Access/Play merge with Game Pass Ultimate. Get Ultimate for approx $7.50 a month

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:23 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
RandyMarshWitchHunter wrote: Should I leave it go for a certain period of time or once it expires will I be good to just do it over again?

Thanks for the response btw.
You're good to go as soon as you're no longer an Ultimate subscriber. You can wait around for a bit to see if you get the $1 offer, but I would imagine they'd wait several months before offering it to somebody that *just* expired, if they ever offer it again at all.
samhth wrote: I only game on PC, is there a way to optimize the price of the pc pass? I will be paying 6$ and really dont care for ultimate since it will only let me access some titles 6 months early.
PC game pass is only $6 while it remains in beta (nobody knows how long it will remain in beta, however). There's no way to get a cheaper PC game pass other than going for Ultimate, which gives you all that extra stuff *plus* PC Game Pass, for less than the beta price of PC game pass (provided you're willing to pre-pay for multiple years, of course).
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 30, 2006
11738 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I’m thoroughly confused reading all these posts.

The OPs deal includes what? Thanks and how much?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7934 posts
4546 upvotes
Toronto
terribly wrote: Any comments for Game Pass on PC?

Some titles I'm interested in, but am not a fan of a game subscription model so am wary for supporting it.
I'm currently playing Flight Sim, Wasteland 3, Halo MCC, Tell Me Why, Resident Evil 7 and bunch of other indie games for $1 a month as long as that promotion lasts. Not to mention everything else I've played at that price over the past 18 months. There's nothing stopping you from buying and owning the games on sale future and this subscription is hands down the best deal in gaming at the moment
samhth wrote: I only game on PC, is there a way to optimize the price of the pc pass? I will be paying 6$ and really dont care for ultimate since it will only let me access some titles 6 months early.
Your "first month" is $1 and personally I've just turned off recurring billing and keep payign $1 every month under the same account for over a year now but people in the other thread are saying this doesn't work for them. YMMV with that loophole but even at $6/month it's a steal imo
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8610 posts
4975 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: LOL planning 3 years down the line...
I actually stacked 5 years of PS+ for under $40 / yr. Gamepass you do get more but I like the PS exclusives and can always pick and choose to buy MS games on PC.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2965 posts
1523 upvotes
Toronto
Unless I’m missing something he states this pretty clearly...

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes all of the following:
Xbox Live Gold
Xbox Game Pass for console (Xbox One and future consoles)
Xbox Game Pass for PC (Windows 10 PCs)


Does anyone know what will happen if your game pass is good for the current max of three years and you have a full year of EA access? I’m also thinking of doing the finance deal so I have no idea how all this will stack when they limit it to 36 months now.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1306 posts
700 upvotes
Burnaby
This deal is tempting for the various EA sports games but I just don't play the games frequently enough for this deal to be worthwhile so will have to pass

If I played on Xbox, this would be an insta-buy but sadly I'm very much a Playstation + PC (+ Switch) guy so there's not much value for me here unfortunately
Newbie
Dec 25, 2013
51 posts
36 upvotes
Coquitlam
When does the merge take in to effect?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
kooltilltheen wrote: This deal is tempting for the various EA sports games but I just don't play the games frequently enough for this deal to be worthwhile so will have to pass

If I played on Xbox, this would be an insta-buy but sadly I'm very much a Playstation + PC (+ Switch) guy so there's not much value for me here unfortunately
Ultimate includes PC game pass, and you can get Ultimate for less than the cost of PC game pass alone (if you're willing to pre-pay for a certain number of months)
Chowagon wrote: When does the merge take in to effect?
"By the end of the year" they say.
No, they are saying there's no Ultimate *just* for PC (which wouldn't make any sense). But Ultimate contains game pass for PC.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Member
Mar 28, 2016
330 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
Chowagon wrote: When does the merge take in to effect?
I think is this holiday season. So the best way is to wait just before the merger to sign up to get the maximum conversion possible.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1306 posts
700 upvotes
Burnaby
wearysky wrote: Ultimate includes PC game pass, and you can get Ultimate for less than the cost of PC game pass alone (if you're willing to pre-pay for a certain number of months)
Yeah I realize that but I don't have PC Game Pass or Ultimate at this point so purchasing either is in fact an additional cost over what I pay currently.

Even then, I may have purchased the PC Game Pass if it was on some deal but since it isn't, paying 3/4th the price on Ultimate (when I won't be using anything but PC Game Pass) still feels like too much money so I'd rather wait for PC Game Pass to get cheaper than current Ultimate price (or if that never happens then I'm fine with not getting either subscription anytime soon)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
18200 posts
8056 upvotes
Oakville
kr8zyduke wrote: I think is this holiday season. So the best way is to wait just before the merger to sign up to get the maximum conversion possible.
They're going to be rounding up, so in theory if you get it any time after October 1, you should have 9.x+ months left no matter when they do the merge (as long as they do it before the end of the year, which they said they will be doing), which means you'll get the max 4 months extension.
kooltilltheen wrote: Yeah I realize that but I don't have PC Game Pass or Ultimate at this point so purchasing either is in fact an additional cost over what I pay currently.

Even then, I may have purchased the PC Game Pass if it was on some deal but since it isn't, paying 3/4th the price on Ultimate (when I won't be using anything but PC Game Pass) still feels like too much money so I'd rather wait for PC Game Pass to get cheaper than current Ultimate price (or if that never happens then I'm fine with not getting either subscription anytime soon)
PC game pass is never getting any cheaper, I don't think - MS has said the price is going up to $11.99/month as soon as it's out of beta (whenever that happens to be). So yes, getting ultimate right now for $5 a month isn't a great value compared to the current PC game pass price, but it's more than 50% off the regular price.

Obviously, if you're not going to use it, it's a waste of money, but if you're holding off just because you're not happy with the price, it's unlikely to get much better (and rumours have xbox live gold going away shortly, so it's unknown how long this cheap ultimate upgrade path will exist, either)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
10332 posts
4808 upvotes
Saw each page here a with all the info i think im more confused then when i started...

So i have game pass ultimate until jan 2021... So if i buy ea game pass for a year and add to my account i can convert that to ultimate? Or what is the best way for me to add another year of ultimate to my account?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2006
265 posts
56 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: Saw each page here a with all the info i think im more confused then when i started...

So i have game pass ultimate until jan 2021... So if i buy ea game pass for a year and add to my account i can convert that to ultimate? Or what is the best way for me to add another year of ultimate to my account?
Some ppl spreading misinformation. As per OP each year of ea converts to 4 months GPU. You can't convert yet. It's comparable to GPU sales in past (eb games, source). As of now conversion is cheapest way to extend, until sales in fall can beat it.
Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2011
396 posts
246 upvotes
CARP
barcathegreat wrote: Their commitment to console generation means they are creating games to run on ps5, not like MS's current Xbox and also on next gen hardware meaning not taking full benefit of next gen.
Other than Halo Infinite are there any other games that this applies to?

Top