Hot Deals

[Microsoft] EA Access/Play merge with Game Pass Ultimate. Get Ultimate for approx $7.50 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:23 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok what happens if I don’t want anything but online access and buy a 12/24 month GOLD.?

Can I just have online access subscription?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18178 posts
8039 upvotes
Oakville
trellaine201 wrote: Ok what happens if I don’t want anything but online access and buy a 12/24 month GOLD.?

Can I just have online access subscription?
I'm not sure what you mean by "online access" - like being able to play online with people? If that's all you want, then Gold is all you need
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I thought they were getting rid of that. Thus all these amalgamations and purging subscriptions into one.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1013 posts
710 upvotes
guys if we get the codes from costco for ea play, will this conversion work?

There are some post saying purchased through xbox.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18178 posts
8039 upvotes
Oakville
trellaine201 wrote: Ok I thought they were getting rid of that. Thus all these amalgamations and purging subscriptions into one.
Nobody actually knows what's happening with Live Gold in the future. There are rumours that it's going away entirely, and that online play is going to be free (rumours spurred by Microsoft no longer selling 12 month subscriptions directly, and the new Halo's online play being reported to be free)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 21, 2016
294 posts
444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
AstonM wrote: Unless I’m missing something he states this pretty clearly...

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes all of the following:
Xbox Live Gold
Xbox Game Pass for console (Xbox One and future consoles)
Xbox Game Pass for PC (Windows 10 PCs)

Does anyone know what will happen if your game pass is good for the current max of three years and you have a full year of EA access? I’m also thinking of doing the finance deal so I have no idea how all this will stack when they limit it to 36 months now.
wearysky wrote: No, they are saying there's no Ultimate *just* for PC (which wouldn't make any sense). But Ultimate contains game pass for PC.
My only problem with this is, does that enable EA Access for PC? i.e. Game Pass for PC maybe will not allow EA Games, Like EA Live from Steam does not allow a lot of games allowed by EA Live from Origin, they cost the same but do not have the same games.
RFD Effect Is Real
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
wearysky wrote: Nobody actually knows what's happening with Live Gold in the future. There are rumours that it's going away entirely, and that online play is going to be free (rumours spurred by Microsoft no longer selling 12 month subscriptions directly, and the new Halo's online play being reported to be free)
Okay. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1013 posts
710 upvotes
FreezingCanada wrote: Just as a heads up, buying EA Access/Play from Costco is the cheapest as there's no tax added.
But there was twitter post that ea play has to be purchased via xbox. can we still buy from costco?

https://www.vg247.com/2020/09/10/ea-pla ... -ultimate/

"Xbox’s Larry Hryb explained on Twitter that players who purchased EA Play through the store (not through pre-paid cards), will have their memberships cancelled. The remaining balance – so long as it’s over 50 days – will be rounded up and converted to the nearest month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This works on a 3:1 ration."

I am not sure why people are buying prepaid cards and risking this just to save tax. Set your address to alberta and pay5%tax if you want to save a bit.
Feb 14, 2011
336 posts
194 upvotes
Canada
Seph1123 wrote: I'm sorry but i don't quite understand... If i currently have Gamepass Ultimate but do*not*have EA Access, and i decide to pay 30$ for 12 months of EA right now, what will happen?
My understanding is EA will be included with Ultimate so why would you subsribe/pay for it?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4389 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: The changeover is happening some time by the end of the year. They said they will be rounding UP any remaining months you have on your EA Access/Play subscription at a 3:1 conversion rate. So as long as they do the changeover at some point in your first 3 months of your 12 month sub, you will get the full 4 months of ultimate. So you can either subscribe today and hope that the changeover happens before December 10th or so... Or wait till October 1 to subscribe, at which point you're guaranteed to get the full 4 month extension as long as they do in fact do the changeover by the end of the year.
So I checked the EA Play page on the Xbox site and it says that the changeover is "Coming this Holiday"

I'd imagine when they say "holiday" it's likely November, right? I'll likely buy this sooner rather than later, in hopes that it switches over by the time the Series S/X are out...

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/ea-play
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Jan 23, 2019
116 posts
88 upvotes
stvross wrote: My understanding is EA will be included with Ultimate so why would you subsribe/pay for it?
To get my Ultimate subscription extended for cheap
Nov 21, 2011
609 posts
88 upvotes
CALGARY
Can you stack multiple codes from Costco please confirm ?
Mar 25, 2006
667 posts
86 upvotes
Hamilton
is this now the best way to top up your XBOX Ultimate Game Pass now? My current subscription is until June 2022. I want to max that out until 2024.
Mar 28, 2016
330 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
oncl0ud9 wrote: is this now the best way to top up your XBOX Ultimate Game Pass now? My current subscription is until June 2022. I want to max that out until 2024.
The most you can extend out of this EA deal is 4 months so you won't be able to max out until 2024.
Jul 23, 2009
952 posts
77 upvotes
kr8zyduke wrote: The most you can extend out of this EA deal is 4 months so you won't be able to max out until 2024.
What if you buy like 4 one year EA Play subs from Costco and redeem over time?