Hot Deals

[Microsoft] EA Access/Play merge with Game Pass Ultimate. Get Ultimate for approx $7.50 a month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 5:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8627 posts
4991 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Nobody actually knows what's happening with Live Gold in the future. There are rumours that it's going away entirely, and that online play is going to be free (rumours spurred by Microsoft no longer selling 12 month subscriptions directly, and the new Halo's online play being reported to be free)
Would put a lot more pressure on Sony if they did away with the Gold requirement. Used to have Gold back in the 360 days, but with PS+ and Switch don't want to pay for another sub.
Mar 25, 2006
677 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
are these codes stackable? can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2176 posts
883 upvotes
Montreal, QC
M1GOmigs wrote: So I checked the EA Play page on the Xbox site and it says that the changeover is "Coming this Holiday"

I'd imagine when they say "holiday" it's likely November, right? I'll likely buy this sooner rather than later, in hopes that it switches over by the time the Series S/X are out...

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/games/ea-play
Yes, holiday season is November. Officially, it's US Thanksgiving but for gaming, it's a couple weeks before to prepare for Black Friday
Mar 28, 2016
331 posts
102 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
EvilMonkey25 wrote: What if you buy like 4 one year EA Play subs from Costco and redeem over time?
Good question. Maybe MS will allow you to redeem EA Play for UGP at a 3:1 ratio over time or the EA Play card will just expire. Don't know for now.
Mar 25, 2006
677 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
Has anyone stacked the Costco Cards?
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1938 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa
oncl0ud9 wrote: Has anyone stacked the Costco Cards?
Yes, my EA Play subscription expires in 2023 now.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18325 posts
8166 upvotes
Oakville
oncl0ud9 wrote: Has anyone stacked the Costco Cards?
FreezingCanada wrote: Yes, my EA Play subscription expires in 2023 now.
The question remains, what happens to those EA Play subscriptions? Because MajorNelson called out "Users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through Xbox" for the conversion to happen, but I haven't seen anything for people that buy pre-paid codes.

Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1938 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote: The question remains, what happens to those EA Play subscriptions? Because MajorNelson called out "Users who have both Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and EA Play purchased through Xbox" for the conversion to happen, but I haven't seen anything for people that buy pre-paid codes.

I'm planning on reviewing for one month soon directly via Microsoft in hopes that it'll prevent any issues.
Mar 25, 2006
677 posts
88 upvotes
Hamilton
I just renewed my EA Access until 2023... see what happens.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4612 posts
1703 upvotes
Ajax
oncl0ud9 wrote: I just renewed my EA Access until 2023... see what happens.
You'll get 12 months according to the calculation. Was it worth it?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18325 posts
8166 upvotes
Oakville
mrtvgame wrote: You'll get 12 months according to the calculation. Was it worth it?
At $30/year for EA Access, that works out to $7.50 a month. Not as good as the Live Gold method but if you're already an Ultimate subscriber, it's a decent cheap extension.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1006 posts
367 upvotes
When is Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order coming to EA Play?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2176 posts
883 upvotes
Montreal, QC
escalade wrote: When is Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order coming to EA Play?
we don't know but maybe once EA Play is integrate into Ultimate?
Apr 18, 2017
468 posts
205 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote: At $30/year for EA Access, that works out to $7.50 a month. Not as good as the Live Gold method but if you're already an Ultimate subscriber, it's a decent cheap extension.
So you think it's worth getting if we're already subscribed to the gold/ultimate deal from a year ago (so our membership's good until end of 2022)?