Expired Hot Deals

Microsoft

Free MS certification exam voucher (upon completing MS Ingite 2021 Cloud Skills challenge)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2021 12:16 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary

[Microsoft] Free MS certification exam voucher (upon completing MS Ingite 2021 Cloud Skills challenge)

***The Microsoft Ignite Cloud Skills challenge is now closed, confirmation emails are being sent***

Microsoft is hosting another Cloud Skills Challenge as part of Ignite 2021.

If you're interested in earning a free MS certification exam voucher, you can register for one of the challenges, complete it and start studying for your free exam!

MS Ignite Cloud Skills Challenge info and registration page

From the site:

Complete one challenge and earn a free Microsoft Certification exam
There are 12 challenges available to choose from, select one that's right for you. Once you complete that challenge you will earn a free Microsoft Certification exam that can be applied to your choice from a select list of options.

The challenge begins on November 2, 2021 at 4:00 PM UTC (16:00) and ends on November 30, 2021 at 4:00 PM UTC (16:00). Make sure all modules in your challenge are complete before time runs out.

If you complete your challenge before it ends, one Microsoft Certification exam will be associated with your Learn profile on December 7, 2021. You will be notified via email when it becomes available. To see the full list of eligible exams please refer to the official rules page for more details.

Eligible exams for this year are:
  • MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
  • MS-720: Microsoft Teams Voice Engineer
  • MD-100: Windows 10
  • MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
  • MB-210: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales
  • PL-400: Microsoft Power Platform Developer
  • AZ-104: Microsoft Azure Administrator
  • AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
  • DP-300: Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure
  • AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
  • AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services
  • MB-330: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
  • SC-200: Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
  • SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
  • SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator

It's that time again, my friends, let's skill up! Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Nov 30th, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1244 posts
1569 upvotes
Would be a hotter deal if someone could post the answers to the exam…
Feb 4, 2007
675 posts
507 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: Would be a hotter deal if someone could post the answers to the exam…
What's the point of even taking it then? You get a piece of paper, showing you know something to a lower degree than actually required to pass an authorized exam? Just take the time to learn something, and then take the exam - you'll be amazed at how much more you'll end up learning and how more valuable you'll be to a current or future employer...
Jun 15, 2019
80 posts
80 upvotes
Newbie question- What does a challenge mean? A quiz based on the learning modules?

Is there anything recommended to be studied before taking the challenge? And would the free certification be based on the challenge taken?

Read the FAQ's but they are vague. Would be great if someone can throw some light here.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary
pratsaw wrote: Newbie question- What does a challenge mean? A quiz based on the learning modules?

Is there anything recommended to be studied before taking the challenge? And would the free certification be based on the challenge taken?

Read the FAQ's but they are vague. Would be great if someone can throw some light here.
The challenge is simply completing learning modules, which have their own unit quizzes, nothing tricky. Once you complete all the modules for your chosen challenge, you’re done.

Hopefully by doing those Microsoft Learning modules you’ve learned a fair bit towards the exam you’ll take, but I definitely recommend finding other study resources, in addition to the Microsoft Learning modules.

Nov 1, 2020
6 posts
Thank you! I've been waiting for the next ignite challenge, really want the AZ-104!
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary
OhNoSpagettiO wrote: Thank you! I've been waiting for the next ignite challenge, really want the AZ-104!
Good choice for the exam. Best of luck!
Mar 18, 2021
18 posts
30 upvotes
Hey did anyone get email from Microsoft for the challenge yet?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9665 posts
747 upvotes
Markham
Thanks! Will signup for this. Is a certain date you have to complete the exam by?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1135 posts
439 upvotes
Can any average joe without tech background go through modules and pass?
Koodo $40/8GB+5GB addon
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary
The MS Ignite Cloud Skills challenge is now live. I'll update the first post.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary
demzie wrote: Can any average joe without tech background go through modules and pass?
If there’s a challenge that’s in your area of interest, I say go for it!

Best case, you find you love it and decide to take your learnings to a higher level afterwards.

Worst case, you learn something…
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
552 posts
949 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone interested in a roll call?

What challenge & exam did everyone choose?

I'll kick it off:
Signed up for the Identity + Information Protection Challenge

Will use my exam voucher to take the SC-300: Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator exam.
Sep 25, 2007
555 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I'm doing the Windows Server Hybrid Challenge. Will try to pick up AZ-800 towards the Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate cert, which seems to be replacement for the MSCA.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3109 posts
2775 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like I need an Azure account to do the exercises in the skill challenges but I've already used the 30-day free Azure trial for this course:
university-calgary-free-microsoft-azure ... 0-2473046/

virtuman1980 wrote: Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote: ... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Sep 2, 2016
142 posts
400 upvotes
Maybe someone could help me out here?
I'm looking to change careers, going into IT. Was thinking of doing my Comptia certs to find an entry level help desk job.
Which one of these (if any) would help towards my resume and learning?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)