Expired Hot Deals

[Microsoft] Microsoft Xbox Series X & S in stock (X is OOS)

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2021 3:57 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 4, 2017
824 posts
565 upvotes

[Microsoft] Microsoft Xbox Series X & S in stock (X is OOS)

Last edited by IHavocI on Mar 1st, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2016
164 posts
137 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
X oos
Current device: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
On Freedom Mobile - $45/22GB + $0 Google Pixel 3
Sr. Member
Jul 31, 2020
993 posts
754 upvotes
Waiting for meaningless poop posting.
Member
Nov 17, 2019
414 posts
1153 upvotes
The S is half the price of a mid range GPU. Seems like the way to go.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2008
2302 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Probably because fewer people want to buy an inferior option of the console.
Probably. I cannot help but think, I should grab an S as a secondary unit for my projector.Thinking Face
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2397 posts
3424 upvotes
I figure the Series S will come into it's own in like two years, once it's priced at $299. Then it will take off since it's more mass market pricing. The Series S is more of the long term game for the casuals.

We're still in the phase of people just wanting the X since the more hardcore gamers are still having problems getting them.
Sr. Member
Jul 13, 2011
538 posts
248 upvotes
Ottawa
I actually came across a series S in store at Walmart the other day
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3093 posts
2507 upvotes
Main & Hastings
ertmanius wrote: I actually came across a series S in store at Walmart the other day
Did you 🤳🏾🤳🤳🏼🤳🏽🤳🏿 with it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
3008 posts
1202 upvotes
Lethbridge
Got the our son and S for Christmas and I topped up & converted our gold to game pass for 3 years. This is where the console shines - Casual gaming and media streaming while hooked up to old 1080p set.

How many of us has a PS2 hooked up via the UHF adapter? I know I sure did until I could afford a sweet new 27" "flat screen" CRT.

Microsoft was genius introducing a lesser spec, cheaper priced option to get one into every house, IMHO.
Last edited by Pauly Boy on Mar 1st, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
ertmanius wrote: I actually came across a series S in store at Walmart the other day
They're pretty easy to get now if you really want one.
Jr. Member
Sep 30, 2019
140 posts
103 upvotes
Vancouver
Caerus wrote: I figure the Series S will come into it's own in like two years, once it's priced at $299. Then it will take off since it's more mass market pricing. The Series S is more of the long term game for the casuals.

We're still in the phase of people just wanting the X since the more hardcore gamers are still having problems getting them.
The think the main flaw of the S is the internal storage, if Microsoft or another company can make an affordable way to upgrade it then I think it makes a lot more sense to buy it, or as you suggest, they lower the price. Otherwise people will just feel stupid for paying more for the XSS + internal stage upgrade compared to just buying a XSX that comes with more storage, power and a disc drive. I don't think casuals will like the idea of external storage options, they'll want the plug and play internal storage upgrade.

Gamepass is pretty awesome though, even for people who game everyday, it's a great way to try games that you'd otherwise never bother to.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2397 posts
3424 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: Got the our son and S for Christmas and I topped up & converted our gold to game pass for 3 years. This is where the console shines - Casual gaming and media streaming while hooked up to old 1080p set.

How many of us has a PS2 hooked up via the UHF adapter? I know I sure did until I could afford a sweet new 27" "flat screen" CRT.

Microsoft was genius introducing a lesser spec, cheaper priced option to get one into every house, IMHO.
I'm not even using the Series X to it's potential. I still use an old 1080p Panasonic Plasma TV and I don't plan on replacing it until it blows up.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
2397 posts
3424 upvotes
nucker wrote: The think the main flaw of the S is the internal storage, if Microsoft or another company can make an affordable way to upgrade it then I think it makes a lot more sense to buy it, or as you suggest, they lower the price. Otherwise people will just feel stupid for paying more for the XSS + internal stage upgrade compared to just buying a XSX that comes with more storage, power and a disc drive. I don't think casuals will like the idea of external storage options, they'll want the plug and play internal storage upgrade.

Gamepass is pretty awesome though, even for people who game everyday, it's a great way to try games that you'd otherwise never bother to.
I'd say every console is lacking in the storage department honestly, including the PS5 and Series X. They can talk about efficiencies and smaller game sizes, due to getting rid of duplicate files, etc. But games are just straight up getting bigger. Usable space of ~800GB, ~650GB, and ~350GB is just not enough. You've got devs who will bloat the size and not care, instead of trying to streamline it. Like COD hitting 500GB... They definitely can make that game smaller, but they're lazy. That 1 game is bigger than the entirety of the XSS drive, and leaves room for like maybe 1 or 2 more games on a PS5. I mean yeah, it was HDD and not SSD, but they had 1TB drives last gen. It's obvious this gen would need larger storage. But you have XSX keeping the same size, and PS5 going smaller...

Gamepass has changed the way I play though. Love it. I've played so many games I would have never even considered, but ended up really enjoying. It's been a game changer for me. With every 1st party title hitting it day 1 as well, I'll probably only buy a few games this entire gen.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4700 posts
489 upvotes
Vancity
I'm a casual gamer but waiting on XSX because I want to take advantage of the backward compatibility of x360 and xb1 games.

If they had a disc drive on the XSS I'd buy that in an instant, but I know it would probably increase the cost quite substantially and narrow the gap between the S and X
Sr. Member
Jul 15, 2018
578 posts
685 upvotes
Broskah wrote: Scalpers are sh!ting themselves now
No they aren't...for people not on twitter with notifications on you've still got next to no chance of grabbing one at retail. They're still selling for 850+ near me
Member
Nov 24, 2011
202 posts
68 upvotes
Internet
Walmart stocktrack was showing quite a few available locally in Ottawa but not sure how real that stock is

Top