Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
stacksocial.com

Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows: Lifetime License - $49.99 USD

Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
ChrisR wrote: It's the same as the Stacksocial deal. Legit.
The deal would not be available on the very public website of an American company without the knowledge of MS.
Other volume license resellers are half that price, but you never know if it's legit or if someone is going to pull the rug.
Yeah I was 95% sure but better be safe than sorry.

Now I have to decide if I keep my office 2010 on disc or upgrade to 2021 to download?
I'm a light user (for personnal use) so 2010 is just fine and I prefer hard copy but 2010 is not supported for security anymore (not sure it's really a problem).
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6019 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
SPARTACVS wrote:
Tried LO recently. Reinstalled MS office 2010. LO has it's pros but I felt using a very old software. The nail on the coffin was when I realised it was still manual updates. Tried LO many years ago and found ridiculous at that time it was manual updates.
What do you mean by "manual updates"? Do you just mean that it isn't updated by Microsoft Update?

(I (barely) use LibreOffice on Linux and it is updated by the Fedora update processes (analogous to Microsoft Update).)
That being said, does this version is a legit version from Popular mechanics?
SPARTACVS wrote: Yeah I was 95% sure but better be safe than sorry.
Convincing answers are hard to get. Certainly MS doesn't appreciate this channel, but it may not violate license terms (I don't actually have a reliable knowledge).
Now I have to decide if I keep my office 2010 on disc or upgrade to 2021 to download?
I'm a light user (for personnal use) so 2010 is just fine and I prefer hard copy but 2010 is not supported for security anymore (not sure it's really a problem).
Security tends to matter on Windows, from what I've read. And Microsoft Office is a preferred vector for malware. Not a problem if you never take outside documents not even accidentally, and your email program doesn't start up Microsoft Office on its own.

Microsoft Office and LibreOffice are enormous programs and provide very large attack surfaces. Microsoft apparently spends a lot of effort the fix holes as they are discovered. LibreOffice doesn't have the same resources but it does have a lot of eyes on it. LibreOffice isn't as likely a target since it has fewer users.

If you are not using Office much, why not just use the free online version of MS Office? That takes any maintenance burden off you.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Hugh wrote: If you are not using Office much, why not just use the free online version of MS Office? That takes any maintenance burden off you.
Just because I'm not a fan of online softwares.

I will pull the trigger. If I keep it 7 years (I still have 2010 as a reminder), that will cost me ~10$/year.

BTW, I use word and excel many times a week but for small documents, noting fancy. That's why I tested LO.

I plan to get the pro version. Any reason to get home/buisness instead (I don't see one)?
Pourquoi pas?
Jan 8, 2007
587 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton
Busiu wrote: Does this $50 option provide a license key that can be reinstalled later on another PC when I choose to upgrade it?
Yes, you simply have to remove the current system from your Office profile and re-activate on another system. You can only use the license on a single system or it won't activate.

I purchased the $50 Stacksocial deal, got Office 2021, and when I couldn't figure out why I couldn't remove and install on my laptop, MS guided me through the steps required.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1154 posts
1056 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Libre office, Google suite for text and quick spreadsheet. Complicated tasks done with Python (thankfully to pandas, geopandas, sns, matplotlib package).
-------------
Fido Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 20GB - 25$
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 17$
Videotron Internet : 400/50M cable - 50$
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
This is an unbelievable price. Never trusted those grey market sites. Definitely going to buy a copy. Thanks OP.

Only thing that's weird is it says it's Office Professional but the pic is Office Home & Business. Those are two different products.
Fido Black Friday 2023: 70GB/$34 (40GB+30GB Bonus)
Shaw/Rogers: 500Mbps/$55
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
Just bought this and when I submit the key it says: "This product key has already been used."

Did I just get scammed?
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
intelpentium400 wrote: Just bought this and when I submit the key it says: "This product key has already been used."

Did I just get scammed?
Don't buy this. It doesn't work. I just submitted a support ticket to StackSocial for the issue.

UPDATE: Contacted StackSocial support and they provided me with a new key.
Last edited by intelpentium400 on Apr 16th, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
2081 posts
903 upvotes
Lotto max is 55 million this week!
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11548 posts
5376 upvotes
Moving target
I have insider news that Merriam-Webster is going to be selling this license next week for half the price.

Apparently Penguin Random House and Harper Collins are aggressively entering this industry as well.

Lots of money to be made here.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2105 posts
686 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: There’s a dude on rfd who sells the legit office 365 package for like $15? I bought from him last time.
I like to get a pm also. Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
3249 posts
4472 upvotes
Montreal
intelpentium400 wrote: Just bought this and when I submit the key it says: "This product key has already been used."

Did I just get scammed?
intelpentium400 wrote: Don't buy this. It doesn't work. I just submitted a support ticket to StackSocial for the issue.
So does this mean that this is not a legit version of office?
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
Germack wrote: So does this mean that this is not a legit version of office?
I've contacted StackSocial support and they had to escalate my issue. I'll share an update once I hear back.
Dec 15, 2010
344 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Germack wrote: So does this mean that this is not a legit version of office?
Had no problems on my end.
Dec 15, 2017
706 posts
808 upvotes
Vancouver
intelpentium400 wrote: I've contacted StackSocial support and they had to escalate my issue. I'll share an update once I hear back.
The escalation support agent contacted me with a new key and it worked.
From beginning to end, the support team resolved my issue in around 12 hours. Not bad. Everything seems to be working normally now.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
2304 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one from the Financial Post for $63.99 cdn and worked. Think it is a reselling affiliate with StackSocial as I see reference to StackCommerce.
Created MS account and installed successfully and activated properly. No surprises.

All the best.
Aug 27, 2021
16 posts
23 upvotes
I have insider news that Merriam-Webster is going to be selling this license next week for half the price.

Apparently Penguin Random House and Harper Collins are aggressively entering this industry as well.

Lots of money to be made here.
Is this a joke comment or an actual statement?

Would maybe wait until next week if not a joke.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
3364 posts
5506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ARMYEG wrote: Is this a joke comment or an actual statement?

Would maybe wait until next week if not a joke.
Would be a weird joke if not real.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)